Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2f7f088b08305c73ee1792619068755aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wilkes Library Con July 25th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imperialbelle ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Wilkes Library Con July 25th Reply with quote

Hey Rebels! Hope Roten here from the 501st asking for some Rebels to help invade the Wilkes County Library Con! We have a full schedule of events and a pretty nice guest list. C'mon guys and gals! Let's rock thing! The library had no specific character requests so any and all are welcome! This may be a small event but it promises to be a big deal for the locals here. This event is also collaborating with the Library’s Summer Reading Program so we are expecting lots of kids there! So calling all Jedi, Rebels, and all you other light siders, This Imperial needs your help! Here are the details,

What: Wilkes Library-Con

-A miniature family-friendly convention that doubles as the ‘grand finale’ for the Library’s Summer Reading Program. The event is an all day celebration of authors, artists, actors, and activities the whole family can enjoy! Complete with special guests, fun events, interactive panels, and more! Best of all, con admission is FREE!

When: July 25th from 10-4

Where: Wilkes County Public Library

215 Tenth Street
North Wilkesboro NC 28659

Who: Any and all 501st, Rebels, and Mercs who would like to attend.

Why: Because we are the best at what we do!

How: By the power of the Force!

Specifics (regarding trooping this event): You can arrive anytime between 9-10 as con setup begins at 9AM (I’ll be there helping to set things up then) and con start time is at 10. I think it’s most practical that we troop between 10:30-12:30 but the library staff said that we are welcome to troop as long as we like. The 501st/Mercs/Rebels will be given a table to display props and information and all 501st/Mercs/Rebels are invited to participate in the “Meet the 501st, Rebels, and Mercs” panel to talk about making props and armor. We will be given a secure changing area (for those who trooped my book release party it will be the same area as last time) and the library staff will provide water and snacks for us. Since the Con is taking up the whole library we can troop the whole facility! Although I have arranged for us to troop between 10:00-12:30, everyone is welcome to stay for the rest of the con festivities or if everyone is feeling up to it we can get back in gear for the second half. If you are interested in attending please let me know what costume you are bringing and if you plan on bringing friends or family to enjoy the con as I can let the library staff know.

Guest List: So far we have 501st/Rebels/Mercs, Star Trek Independent Fleet/Klingon Assault Group, Derek and Nikki Davis from Bitter Tea Studios, horror author Scott Nicholson, fantasy author Elaine Corvidae, local film makers Chris Church and Michael Heckel, and professional podcaster Rich Sigfrit.

Event Schedule:

10:00-10:30: Harry Potter Discussion Panel
Join local Ravenclaw Larkin Reynolds for a discussion about the Harry Potter books and movies.

10:30-11:00: Podcast 101
Join professional podcaster Rich Sigfrit for a 10 minute mini Adventure

11:00-11:30: Cos-play Runway
Come dressed as your favorite Storybook, Comic Book, or Graphic Novel character and participate in our Cos-play Runway.

11:30:12:00: Meet the 501st, Rebels, and Mandos
Members of the 501st/Mando Mercs/Rebel Legion will be talking about how to make Star Wars Costumes and props

12:00-1:00 “The Onslaught of Kester Kent”
Join local filmmaker Chris Church for the exhibition of his film “The Onslaught of Kester Kent”

1:00-2:15: *Break for Lunch*

2:15-2:30: Fairytale Bake-off Taste-Off
Come claim a piece of dessert from one bake-off entrees!

2:30-3:00: Celebrity Question and Answer Panel
You have questions, our celebs have answers! Join our special con guests for a question and answer panel!

3:00-4:00: Dance, Dance Off
Come dance along with our Dance, Dance Revolution tournament!

All Day Events:

-We will have a ‘kids table’ open all day for kids to color and work on activities

-There will be game tables set up for people to come in and play the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh trading card games

-We will also be hosting a drawing for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Various prizes will be awarded and all proceeds go to benefit Make-A-Wish.

-We will also have some knights from the SCA doing a sword fight demo in the morning and some make up artist doing a Zombie make up demo followed by free zombie makeovers that afternoon.
imperialbelle ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c'mon guys and gals! Very Happy
Holodoc (Susan M)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to see what my schedule looks like then. Doing classes this summer is a royal pain in the backside some weekends for me right now.

Base Merchandise Officer 2010-2018
Base Membership Officer 2010-2018
Blue Ridge Base

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
imperialbelle ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure thing Holodock, I know how that goes. I hope you can make it but if not, best of luck in your classes! Smile

Just a small update, 33 days to go and R2D2 will also be making an appearance! WHOO HOO! r2leia
JediMistressDragon ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't. Have a book signing that day. Being an author with a new book out has me booked alot of times summer through Halloween now.
JMD (Pam)
DragonStar (Rob)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'll be in NY then. Sad Wilkes county is really beautiful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another bump everyone, 19 days left.

And one more update, just been informed R2KT may be making an appearance as well. Mr. Green

Now featuring Warhammer! Cool
imperialbelle ()

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOO HOO! 16 days left!

Just another bump and just so you know, I was on the local radio station this morning plugging the con and I also got to plug the 501st! I even was able to weasel in the Rebel Legion during my “Imperial Plug”.

We would really love to have some Rebel support on this. All light-side characters are welcome. This event is free and we are expecting a lot of kids. Although I’ve got us down for trooping from 10-30-12:30 everyone is more than welcome to stay for the rest of the con festivities. Snacks and water will be provided and we will have a changing area.
imperialbelle ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another bump guys and galls of the rebellion!

10 days to go!

Also wanted to let you know that we are planning a post-con dinner for the staff and con guests that you are also invited too. Just let me know ahead of time so I can get a head count. Right now we are looking at either Applebee’s or Kubi Japanese Steakhouse .
imperialbelle ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Rebels! I need some light-side support! Any Takers? Only 5 days left to get in on the fun! Wink
imperialbelle ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 days left, anybody??? Shocked
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't...I have the John Williams concert event at Wolftrap the same day...I am already committed.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
imperialbelle ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries! I understand. Smile

Well I do have some bad news...Derek and Nikki Davis will not be able to attend as Nikki had to have foot surgery. I was really looking forward to having them there to talk about their comic strips and artwork. Crying or Very sad

Does anyone want to come help out with this? I would love to have you good-guys and gals there too!
Holodoc (Susan M)
Active Legion Member

Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still plan on making the drive up saturday morning. Very Happy

Base Merchandise Officer 2010-2018
Base Membership Officer 2010-2018
Blue Ridge Base

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
imperialbelle ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green GROOVY! great to have you aboard Susan!

Just a reminder, this event is tomorrow and everyone is more than welcome. Any last minute takers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: