About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=05a8e7bd6069279693e8db0269ffa3d5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

general question for all solo costumers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: general question for all solo costumers Reply with quote

Mabye it's me but...
Whenever out trooping do you ever find yourself not getting as much attention as jedi, troopers or other sw costumers? Sure Jedi have lightsabers and their cloaks, troopers have their armor. Solos, well...we have a vest, pants and dark boots.
Then again, if this were the late 70's and early 80's the situation might be diffrent.
Very Happy

I am the basis for the World's Most Interesting Man commercials by Dos Equis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, life of a clothie... Smile
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Its rough going Solo. Once in a while Han gets some respect, but its rough with TK, Vader, Chewie and other great char rectors around. Its the same for most face or non Armor characters, but I think Solo gets the worst of it. Sometimes I have to give hints to Kids who are not sure who I am, others have no clue. They call me Luke. Vest and Blood stripes should give it away. I always thought Han was the man, but I have not run into that many Han fans through the years. When I do get the occasional Hello General Solo, Hey Solo, or even Where's Chewie?, any evidence that they know the character , it makes my day.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: general question for all solo costumers Reply with quote

This is odd...
I went to meet a friend of mine tonight to see the new Star Trek movie. He went wearing the old 60's costume and a few other people came dressed in trek costume as well. Not to be outdone, I came as Han. As I went to my seat, I heard an usher behind me say, "did you se the Han Solo." I turned around and said, "yeah, I'm right here." Another usher then said, "you got some guts, everybody here has their phasers on stun." I told him, "funny, my blaster is never set on stun." I had a few people take a second look at me and then a few got the camera phones out, so naturally I went into Han pose. Some guy and this cute girl wanted a pic w/ me so of course I was more then happy to, especially when a cute girl is involved.
But then later something odd happned. Afterwards I went McDonalds to get a bite, I didn't bring a change of clothing so I went in minus the gunbelt. As I was finishing up some guy came up and said, "awesome costume." I would have said thank you but I had french fry in my mouth. I then had to run to get some stuff from the grocery store, again, I'm still in costume. Once I got what I needed I headed to my car and then saw some punker kid in a Misfits shirt look at me and say, "that's a bad *** Han Solo costume."
Wow, all this when I go to a Star Trek movie.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !!!! Thats great. Good story. I do not think I could do that. A lot of my local friends in RL and 501 are members of the local Starship and set up a promo table for the opening night. I wonder what they would have thought if I showed up in my Han costume or Officer Uniform. I do not think I would eat in my costume either. I have and luck that way. I know I would stain my shirt with Ketchup.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a Leia around I didn't get much love. actually if I wasn't in ANH I would often get no recognition at all. Especially in the blue jacket ESB costume. ROTJ was a little better since it still had a vest. I hadn't done Han in a really long time. When my favorite SoCal Leia effectively hung up her buns I decided to trade in the bloodstripes myself.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: general question for all solo costumers Reply with quote

Yeah the ESB jacket isn't as recognizable as ANH or ROTJ. I think Han works really well if you have another classic trilogy character around.
However, this past Dec, my group did a holiday parade and I wore my ESB and people knew who I was.

defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the events are varied. Usually kids didn't know who i was but I did a Legoland event and all the kids were screaming at me.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it depends on who your with

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only been to one event in costume but I agree. It does make it easier for me to take photos though......lol

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh.. the life of Scruffy Looking Nerf Herders! Laughing

Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: general question for all solo costumers Reply with quote

We are the few, the proud...the scruffy.

Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: general question for all solo costumers Reply with quote

Pete Solo wrote:
We are the few, the proud...the scruffy.

And flyboys with delusions of grandeur! Razz

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may not look like much but we got it where it counts

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkos Khann wrote:
I have only been to one event in costume but I agree. It does make it easier for me to take photos though......lol

Not to ention all the water bottles that people like to put in the loops on the back of our vests.....

Note to other costumers... just cuz we have pockets does not mean they have to be full!!!

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: