About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7f8f47edb149c023fb564336de239252Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han EU Costume Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Han EU Costume Idea Reply with quote

So I had an interesting thought and wanted to get some opinions on a EU Han Costume. This would only be for fun, and informal, but why not!? Might make for some good posting.

Anyhoo, to the point. Would the Fringe accept an informal imperial pilot Han costume? To be more precise, the stripped version of it, after he got kicked out for helping Chewie.

According to the "The Hutt Gambit" by A.C. Crispin, his uniform included the boots (which he didn't give back because the were fitted and the empire couldnt re-use them) and blood stripes, due to his corellian heritage. I think if memory serves, the rest of the costume would be standard imperial officer uniform with the rank torn off.

I am still trying to finish my formal costume, so I'm in no hurry to get this one going, but like i said for fun and good posting banter, lets get the think tank moving!

Anyone ever done a Vykk Drago?? If so, I gotta see those pics!

"Never tell me the odds."
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're going for the level of Informal, there's really not much approval you need. If you're wanting it at a Formal level, then you'll need the three seperate references and all that jazz.

or I should say, as I understand it.
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, well that makes it easy...
If anyone has any fun ideas or EU Han costumes, guess this would be a great place to share pics, ideas, and such...

"Never tell me the odds."
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that those vague, cross-over costumes weren't going to be allowed, as established Rebel Legion costumes, due to the fact that it could confuse the public as far as Rebel vs Imperial costumes.

I was given to believe that this is why the black uniformed Tycho Celchu wasn't allowed... or the rest of Rogue Squandron when they were under cover trying to take Zsinj down.

Now, if you wanted to do the costume for a convention, or something like that, then there is nothing keeping you from doing so.

Again, this is based on my understanding of the regulations, here. I am sure a bonafide member, or admin, will set me straight if I am wrong.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to an EU Han Solo.

IF this is your first costume, you are going to need 3 references for it to be considered formal. Looking at your profile you current do not have a formal costume so this would have to be it, unless you have something else in the works that would be your situation.

Your first costume cannot be informal, as per the charter.
Please look here:

http://www.rebellegion.com/about_charter.php#3

Quote:
Informal: Informal is defined as costume from one of the six Star Wars films, Expanded Universe, Lucasfilm Licensed Media (TV, books, games, etc.) that does not contain all the elements as it appears in the source material and/or is customized as the owner desires. An Informal costume can also be something never seen in a film, EU, or LFL media material. These original and customized costumes will be considered, provided that their level of customization has some precedence in the Star Wars Universe. Informal costumes may be reproductions of film or EU costumes that do not meet all the Costume Standards listed in the Costume Standards Master List, on The Rebel Legion website, or they may be EU costumes with less then three (3) reference sources.

I hope this helps you some. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best on your endeavors~

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Han EU Costume Idea Reply with quote

nerftheherder wrote:

I am still trying to finish my formal costume, so I'm in no hurry to get this one going, but like i said for fun and good posting banter, lets get the think tank moving!

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: