About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c7554b8a0ed15c0b13bb7981c47cd435Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Suggestion Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q (Markus Zimmerman)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Leia Organa wrote:
Elitediver wrote:
Now if we could find someone with some good photoshop skills to work the table, I have a portable green screen and we could take pics with people and depending on what costume was being used, photoshop in a background. This would beat the hell out of just a simple snap shot posed pic and then we could either get a small photo printer or agree to email the pics to people. Just a thought.

Rick
Warhawk 25

That I can help with Wink I own a kodak camera with a kodak printer (it prints glossy 4 x 6 pictures without the need of a computer) The only problem is Photoshop is on my computer.

(PS..sorry for my lack of input, being going dizzy with last minute SWW prep. I probably won't be able to bring more to the table until after it)

I've also got a small HP 4x6 photo printer. I've been meaning to look into getting the battery pack for it to make it truly portable. I also think I have the Kodak printer Lori is talking about.

I don't know much about Photoshop, though. Razz

Also, RL/501st cooperation is KEY! It's so much cooler when you can have the good guys and bad guys making the event than just one or the other.
Phoenix 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q99213 wrote:
Princess Leia Organa wrote:
Elitediver wrote:
Now if we could find someone with some good photoshop skills to work the table, I have a portable green screen and we could take pics with people and depending on what costume was being used, photoshop in a background. This would beat the hell out of just a simple snap shot posed pic and then we could either get a small photo printer or agree to email the pics to people. Just a thought.

Rick
Warhawk 25

That I can help with Wink I own a kodak camera with a kodak printer (it prints glossy 4 x 6 pictures without the need of a computer) The only problem is Photoshop is on my computer.

(PS..sorry for my lack of input, being going dizzy with last minute SWW prep. I probably won't be able to bring more to the table until after it)

I've also got a small HP 4x6 photo printer. I've been meaning to look into getting the battery pack for it to make it truly portable. I also think I have the Kodak printer Lori is talking about.

I don't know much about Photoshop, though. Razz

Also, RL/501st cooperation is KEY! It's so much cooler when you can have the good guys and bad guys making the event than just one or the other.

true, this could be truly excellent if both tables were coordinated to be next to each other and the green screen or even some sort of backdrop between them.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and per Markus' little suggestion/reminder , the old threads are archived Smile
Q (Markus Zimmerman)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfie wrote:
oh and per Markus' little suggestion/reminder , the old threads are archived Smile

Excellent. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

Phoenix 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lonescout (Angelo Marcano)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Stuff!

I have a 2 1/4 button maker and I can make a button in 30secs...I may have access to an automated machine(maybe). So 2 1/4 is a lot of room for a logo or any kind of art. I don't have any photoshop skills. Here is the link for the button maker and supplies.

http://www.badgeaminit.com/

From my experience I have came out cheaper for my size button than the 1 inch buttons already made from a manufacture. We can make pin backs, magnets, or lanyards(can be expensive).

I made a button for only kids at a Relay For Life event and the parents wanted them also. This was a big hit!

Table/Booth

You have to have a back drop...presentaion is everything, it has to be appealing to the eye. Weather its a banner, helmets, props, etc. Maybe unfinished props. Fx was a nice set-up and I think two booths/tables would be nice so there is enough space. My daughter likes the cards as she took some from the table.

In order to gain numbers you have to greet everyone who stops by the booth kid or adult. Children are not as shy as the adults! Believe me!

Costume

I am leaning more toward RL since I have my EC & Kashyyyk. Although having 3 kids I would have to raise them in the ways of the force not the sith. LOL I think Lori had her boys in Pilot costumes at the Lowery park Zoo. Which I think is Awesome when you can get the family involved. I like to take my son to cons. How do you guys feel about having the little ones dressing up!

I am considering doing a run of EC Hard/packs at the end of the year and would like to see several stay w/ the Bushwackers!

I do want to get more involved, so I'll be watching and reading!

Lonescout! Cool
HKiller (Jim Hunter)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q99213 wrote:

Excellent. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

If you leave the quote the same, but replace the Emperor pic with one of Yoda, you will scare fewer people on the RL side. Laughing Razz
JRHermle ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotz 'Shop skillz lik mad.

Q (Markus Zimmerman)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HKiller wrote:

If you leave the quote the same, but replace the Emperor pic with one of Yoda, you will scare fewer people on the RL side. Laughing Razz

Better?

Phoenix 10
Rando Mextra (Mark Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK; that's creepy. Shades of Brian Peppers (google it).

M

Stormtroopers: The Other White Meat

HKiller (Jim Hunter)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q99213 wrote:
HKiller wrote:

Better?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes, that's perfect. Thanks. Mr. Green
JRHermle ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Mickey wrote:
OK; that's creepy. Shades of Brian Peppers (google it).

PffffffT! (the sound of me spitting my drink over my monitor) LOL, I know who you're talking about.

There was a guy I used to work with that had Brian Peppers Shocked tattooed on his ribcage.

Why? That, I have no idea of.

Q (Markus Zimmerman)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to know... and now I am deeply disturbed that you both knew that from memory Surprised

Sledge! We need an AP man! Scooter and I have some GMs to get gottin'!
Phoenix 10
HITMAN ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is the suggestion box, I wanted to get a RL opinion on how to improve the relationship between RL and 501.

The whole rival thing is stupid, I feel like I am back in High School. The drama over there has really gotten to me bad, you may not see much of me in the 501 forums from now on.

I read your threads here, and while this is not as active as the 501 board, you guys don't seem to have the drama the 501 does. What can 501 learn from RL? Why can't 501 and RL get along well? What can everyone do to be the one happy family we should be?
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HITMAN wrote:
Since this is the suggestion box, I wanted to get a RL opinion on how to improve the relationship between RL and 501.

The whole rival thing is stupid, I feel like I am back in High School. The drama over there has really gotten to me bad, you may not see much of me in the 501 forums from now on.

I read your threads here, and while this is not as active as the 501 board, you guys don't seem to have the drama the 501 does. What can 501 learn from RL? Why can't 501 and RL get along well? What can everyone do to be the one happy family we should be?

A couple years ago, we were much more cohesive. I agree with you on your observations. We here at Ra Kura and the RL in general are a very tight knit family, especially the active members. I believe there are many different reasons behind that.

However, dont let the local issues sway you from the 501st, its a great organization too, spend more time on the main boards, and you are always welcome in your TK at any RL event. And take breaks from boards if you need it, while its hard when you are bored and surfing , I know, sometimes you just have to focus more on troops with friends and the causes you care about versus the message boards.

As for what can be done, I think if people would talk instead of hidden in command forums, but be more open it might help, but differences in style of command are only scratching the surface of things that are different right now.

For the most part really and truly most 501st members and RL get along fine. There are only a handful of people who feel the need to create a rivalry that should not exist. I believe both groups should be the same, even one group really but since that didnt happen from the beginning we should be equal now that we've grown up and into our own, and many people agree with me , but there are some who still believe we shouldnt be equal. Even though we are going to at this point stay two groups they should be groups who get along.

Also, its comes in waves. Things always change. A year or two from now this could all be just a bad memory of the tensions and drama. The local relationship is strained but I've emailed many times that I'd like to fix it but my defensiveness of the RL isnt taken well I guess. I am quite open to working to fix it regardless of how people my feel about each other in private. And I will continue to be as much help as I can where ever I can help someone, regardless.
JRHermle ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like the hot, popular girl and her little sister.

The older one makes the mistakes first and the younger one learns from them, and never has to make them.

Without the 501st, there would be no RL... In almost every sense.

We've built ourselves and rebuilt ourselves to make sure we don't fall under the stigma of being the "little sister."

It's appears more close-nit over here because we ARE the nerds and geeks. We've had to become a more close-nit community. We borrowed the 501st charter, and had a leader that said the members should be the one's that make the rules, and we rewrote it. Not to "one-up" anyone, but to get all the "business" out of the way so we can have fun. Y'know... Do your homework on Friday night so you have all weekend to play.

Personally, I'd love to buy SWCostumers.com and have 3 links: Light side (RL), Dark side (501st) and contact which e-mails BOTH groups. Everyone would still have their own specific group and all it is is "one-stop-shopping" for those to find both of us, but more importantly, it's a banner. A flag. A symbol to say "we're seriously going to work on making a cohesive pair of groups that truely represent Lucasfilm and Star Wars" while keeping RL rules and 501st rules. But I'm talking out my keester.

As for building bridges, it's all grassroots. Work at the local level. Sell it as Star Wars Costumers and not "our group."

We cannot stand a world apart. Divide we will fall. 'Til all are one (sorry, that's another movie)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: