About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4de59d83a2de37a3a50392b9c31fb8a4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han ROTJ DL-44, and a ST prop, both with electronics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saberforge ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Han ROTJ DL-44, and a ST prop, both with electronics Reply with quote

Hey guys, here are my two latest completed projects.

A video of both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TmmCRi3bB8

First up is a TNG era klingon disruptor.

It started life as a solid resin model. I picked it up for 45.00 shipped off of ebay.

I used my mill to hollow out the main chamber for electronics. Then I drilled a hole from the thumb switch, to the electronics chamber.

Next I drilled out a hole for a recharge port.

I then installed the electronics from one of the new toy phasers. I replaced the cheap leds with a high output Seoul P4 red led.

I replaced the acrylic rods with aluminum ones that I turned myself. The central rod is hollow for the led wires.

Finally I painted the disruptor in the standard two tone color scheme.

I weathered it by dry brushing silver on the edges, and used a charcoal ink on the recessed areas.

Here are pictures.

Next I have a dl-44 blaster

The base for this prop was an airsoft mouser with an all metal body. While not as screen accurate as a denix, it has the inside space I needed for electronics.

The flash hider I machined myself, the piston scope and scope mount were from Blast-tech.com

The speaker and batteries are in the mag well, the mag plate is held in pace with magnets, so changing batteries is a breeze.

It uses a soundboard from one of the hasbro toy blasters, and a high output seoul p4 led.

I painted the whole thing flat black, then used fine grit sandpaper on the raised areas to give it the weathered look.

Here are some pics

The lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the magnetic mag well cover on the DL-44.

The tank scopes that were used are actually painted brass, not aluminum or steel. Yours looks silver wear the paint doesn't show.

I weathered my resin scope from Blast Tech with that in mind.

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the endor battle seen in ROTJ showed silver on the end of the scope han used, so I weathered based on those images.

Specifically the scene where han is leaning over leia after she gets shot, you can see silver on the scope tip. So thats what I went with, but I gota say your weathering looks terrific, I might be taking my scope off and redoing the body weathering to match yours, then keep the scope end silver like the screen shots.

The lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Han "Bunker" Blaster from ROTJ does not actually use the same Tank Scope as from ESB. It was a custom cut "Tasco" scope ftted with a custom piece on the end with a little silver knob. The rivet that holds the two pieces of the scope togeather can clearly be seen in screen caps from ROTJ. *Side note* the ROTj blaster from Parts of SW is missing the front part of the scope, as it had broken off after the years. You can really see the stock look of the scope there though.

I think the Blaster turned out great, but i would consider it more of a "generic" DL-44 before calling it an ROTJ Han blaster.

Great work though.

"Never tell me the odds."
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, but I'm afraid to say that this is more a TESB DL44 than a ROTJ (especially for the scope, the scope mount and the flash hider). Nevertheless, impressive work!
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khalel wrote:
Good work, but I'm afraid to say that this is more a TESB DL44 than a ROTJ (especially for the scope, the scope mount and the flash hider). Nevertheless, impressive work!

Agreed...

I always felt that someone like Han had a ton of weapons ( not all of them shown in the movies Wink ) so this one could always be written of as one of those special weapons of his.

Nice work!

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: