Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=893fb51f2c54554148c72c2549596371Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Good ol'droid caller...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My resin is from Corellian Exports... as well as the "Return of the Jedi" Han Solo belt's tools kit...
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grey_starr wrote:
My resin is from Corellian Exports... as well as the "Return of the Jedi" Han Solo belt's tools kit...

I got both of my original Droid callers from them till I upgraded... they are not a bad deal at all. You might need to do a bit of cleaning on the castings, but its not much. The one advice I have to those who have metal clips holding these droid callers is to use allot of no gloss clear coat on the finnished resin callers. You do not want to dig into the paint or ruin your hard work. A few layers of clear coat should help there.... helps add a realism to them as wewll when your done with painting them.

Bob
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lined the inside of the C-clamp with self adhesive velcro tape (fuzzy-side ONLY).

--> the only part of the clamp which touches the droid caller now, is the fuzzy lining on the inside of the C-clamp. Cool (no scratches).

it can't be seen, when the droid caller is in the clamp.

it acts as a buffer, between the clamp and the droid caller, to prevent metal-on-metal contact.

(AND it keeps the droid caller snugly in place, so it doesn't spin/flop around in the clamp).

SteveSolo wrote:

Evolution's droid caller is ok, bit the paint comes off with the slightest chratch. Will have to repaint mine very soon. Also it does not sit well on the belt.

--> self-adhesive velcro tape (fuzzy-side ONLY), applied to the inside of the C-clamp.

helps it sit snugly ; prevents scratches. Wink done and done.
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest pain to me is the dang C clamp spinning!
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did the Velcro as well on mine as well and it really works. I do not know which belt you have that would allow it to spin, but the clamp that holds the droid caller can always be redone. Cut out the rivets and make a new one.

This is I did mine to prevent it from spinning. 2 separate pieces of metal riveted together, and trapping the clamp ... preventing it from spinning.

You can just see the white Velcro on the inside of the far part of my clamp.

nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my velcro on the Caller (Hook side) and on the clamp (Loop side aka fuzzy side). The thing doesent move or scratch!!! A little Velcro goes a long way!

"Never tell me the odds."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: