About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=db48184ad014dca10740981e46a44612Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My CW Obi-Wan Kenobi Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xus Kenobi (Jesús Valcárcel)
Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is MUCH better! Very Happy Thanks Magnius and Frank for your comments! I'm glad you like my work! it's my pleasure to share it with all my rebel fellows

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the weathering pattern of your armor strange.

It doesn't look very "realistic". It looks more like it's made out of marble.

Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, however it is still work in progress and it is one of the many layers of weathering it will have! I've seen the rest of the armor finished and i'm confident it will end up looking great!

maycol ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, maybe a little correction on the weathering but everything else is looking great, keep up the good work
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, I'm pretty jealous Very Happy
If that's just one of the layers for weathering, then yeah, I'm sure it'll look great when it's complete. Can't way to see the final product!
Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everything is coming together right now! Yesterday I was able to pick up my completed armor and give it a test! I think it looks fantastic and I'm very pleased with the end result on the weathering... There is still a lot of work ahead in order to fit everything into place and building some of the elements I'm still missing (although my sneakers don't look that bad! XD) but hey, now I can really see it coming true!

Thanks to everyone for your comments! This is a dream come true!

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ysrossko (Joseph Roa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good
Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since my last update but here I am back into action! My next steps have been making the belt buckle and getting some new gloves, tights and shirt for the undersuit which are now much tighter and look much more screen accurate. The boots I bought are regular riding boots which I've already began to paint in order to turn them to the light side from black to white.

Buckle:

The buckle was roughly cut in cardboard following a scaled picture matching my belt and then I cut and added where I felt it needed to in order to make it look better. It turns out the proportion was almost perfect to the screen cap and it looked quite good. The only change I made was to make it a little less wide because it looked a bit strange. I then cut the final piece out of wood and painted it following the original colors.

Boots:

The boots were sanded and washed to clean them up so the paint will settle on them, I then primered them in white and the result is quite good already, I just had two little problems, one is the elastic part where the paint does not settle so i'll have to sew some vinyl or so on top to cover it and the second is the paint chipping a little on the more flexible parts... It is not as bad as I expected and I think it will hold nicely, besides the part chipping goes beneath the armor so you can't see it. We'll see how the paint, weathering and protection layer go about the paint chips.

This is all for now!

TI-9827 (Tapio Komulainen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xus Kenobi wrote:
The boots were sanded and washed to clean them up so the paint will settle on them, I then primered them in white and the result is quite good already, I just had two little problems, one is the elastic part where the paint does not settle so i'll have to sew some vinyl or so on top to cover it and the second is the paint chipping a little on the more flexible parts... It is not as bad as I expected and I think it will hold nicely, besides the part chipping goes beneath the armor so you can't see it. We'll see how the paint, weathering and protection layer go about the paint chips.

This is all for now!

Hi! What paint did you use? I used to mine VHT Vinyl dye: http://www.vhtpaint.com/vinyldye.html Didn´t need any sanding and doesn´t chip. Very elastic.
And for elastic parts I have used Magix Color paints for leather: http://www.algeos.com/html/products/magix.htm First I stretched the elastic part a bit over than it is neccessary to stretch it in normal use. Then I sprayed several thin layers and let it dry properly. After that I released the stretching.
Cyrus (Hoyt Dingus)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing work so far keep it up Very Happy!!!
Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TI-9827 wrote:
Hi! What paint did you use? I used to mine VHT Vinyl dye: http://www.vhtpaint.com/vinyldye.html Didn´t need any sanding and doesn´t chip. Very elastic.
And for elastic parts I have used Magix Color paints for leather: http://www.algeos.com/html/products/magix.htm First I stretched the elastic part a bit over than it is neccessary to stretch it in normal use. Then I sprayed several thin layers and let it dry properly. After that I released the stretching.

Thanks for the tip! It's very useful! I just used regular paint which I suspected would not be enough... I'll try to check out these... however if I do the fabric wrapping it will end up looking like the real thing rather than just plain white so I will probably end up doing that.

Thanks Cyrus for your comment!

Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures of my first troops as General Kenobi! Still some work to do on the chest, belt and boots but it really pays off! I can't take a step without posing for a couple of pictures! Everyone has an amazing response to the costume, specially children who are familiar with the clone wars cartoon!

With Ahsoka!

Spoiler! Ahsoka becoming a Jedi Knight!

You thought I didn't feel order 66 coming?

My face looks a little strange in this one but I love it!

And this "behind the scenes" Shot which I really love! I look overweight but sooo happy! This costume is a delight to wear even when your whole body aches after 12 hours trooping it's still worth it!

jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great costume and looks like it was a lot of fun!
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now why would General Kenobi be stabbing one of his Clone troopers? Smile

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: