About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards
 

Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=68e37f36916b70909a617b68686dbfbdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

my next costume...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 8833

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebelwerfer wrote:
my costume wont be ready for at least a month, so i wont be submitting any time soon. also, I think the reason the rank looks so big on me is because of my small stature,


Nah Tom, I just looked at your rank badge and I agree the buttons may be too big. (You are no smaller than me... hehe!) If you want the url of the place to order the correct size clear button caps to use for your rank badge let me know. I just ordered a few to make my own rank badge for a 501st costume, but don't have enough spare to give you. Sorry Sad
_________________
Endor Base CO




Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Jun 2003
Posts: 5490
Location: Lucasland, CA
Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the rank buttons on the badge raised like in the OT or flat like in ROTS? Looking at the screencaps, it looks like the latter.
_________________


http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1


In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)



Joined: 03 Oct 2005
Posts: 1163

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allied electronics seems to be better than Newtons or whatever that one was called. about the same price though.

Im in the process of making them flat. gonna make masters of the 2 possible layouts with no buttons, so youd have to just get the empy 1x3 or 3x2 set and just drop in whatever colors you want to use and bam. done.

will post up when ive gotten somewhere with it. it will DEF look more like the cartoon, because the standards imperial rank isnt QUITE right, but its close enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 8833

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I got the newark ones. http://www.newark.com/eao/01-901-2/switch-lens/dp/50B3010 I'd have to hold them up to the buttons on the badges Vince made... but they seemed to be the same. How are Allied's different?

Matt, yeah, the rank badge for the Clone Wars does look more like the prequel officers. I'd have to look at the standards again, but I thought that the at least the OT badges were accepted and would have buttons the correct size. Would give Tom a good starting point if perhaps he wanted to sand them down to be a bit of a flatter profile.
_________________
Endor Base CO




Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)



Joined: 03 Oct 2005
Posts: 1163

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the rank has no specifics at the moment. just "rank"

the show only shows vice admiral and LT commander, so who know about the others. i have a cool diagram figuring it out though.

the Newark ones I think are too small, the allied ones have a far better yellow/orange. I can post comparison pics if you want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 383

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to leave the collar the way it is. Which is the style of his action figure. I have already said this countless times, I am not submitting this for approval... ever I dont wanna spend forever making this costume. It's not up for debate. I'm almost done with it too. So if you see me in real life at a convention, I'll thank all of you not to bring up anything you perceive as an inaccuracy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)



Joined: 03 Oct 2005
Posts: 1163

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine.

we are only trying to help. You are being quite childish about this. You are close to having an excellent costume and would take possibly tops, 20 minutes to change that collar, and sew the pen pouches closed. At this point you only have an IMPERIAL officer, not a clone officer, and you would not be able to troop your local events with an imperial costume with the RL. You would also not be allowed to be in the Legion photo at CV with a non approved costume.

I do not know why you wont take a bit of time to finish the costume.

But i could be wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TC-9285 (Tristan)
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 236

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom, as someone slowly working on a clone officer I've just got a few concerns about your posts.
This was a recent post
Quote:
I have already said this countless times, I am not submitting this for approval...

This was on Feb 9th
Quote:
my costume wont be ready for at least a month, so i wont be submitting any time soon. also, I think the reason the rank looks so big on me is because of my small stature,

Also, on the 8th you seem to criticize the RL's standards but you claim to not be interested in the standards.
You seem confused on whether or not you're submitting this costume for approval. I realize that you just want to do this for fun but I guess I'm just curious why you would post about this costume on a forum who's overall goal is to go for screen accuracy. I think everyone here is just interested in seeing you strive for a better costume, not requiring. It's just awesome to see a costume come together. I hope this helps you decide. Thanks
_________________
Now is always a good time to eat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 8833

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care Tom. I think we all see you are putting a lot of effort into your costume and we are excited about it! As you progress we just want to offer help and support. In most costuming forums, that's what will happen when you post progress photos of your costume. You yourself mentioned that you had extra fabric from your pants to add to your collar, and this gives you something to do while you watch TV Smile

We all want to see you be happy with your final result and in the most ideal situation, wouldn't it be great if this were another costume you were able to wear as a RL member (It's so close to being an approvable Clone Officer due to your attention to details like your piping and arm trim...)? However, if that isn't something that will ever bother you (not being part of a photo shoot or being able to offer this costume for troops where RL approved costumes are asked for) then no sweat - make it however you'd like. But even if you posted this project progress to a place like TF.N costumes and props (which isn't a club with any kind of 'standards') you'd be getting the same sort of helpful comments and feedback.
_________________
Endor Base CO




Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes


Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 383

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been reading any of my posts? I said I was never planning on trooping with this costume in the first place. I've stated this many times before, I am just posting my progress of this costume to show my LOCAL friends what I've been up to. Then you come here and call me childish... all under the guise of "hey just trying to help out your costume so it can be approved" I have my approved costumes which I troop with for official events, and then I have my "for fun" costumes. I never planned on trooping with it and I will surely bring more than one costume to C5. You would already know this if you have been reading and actually comprehending my previous posts, but you chose to be judgmental instead.

SpaceWolf wrote:
fine.

we are only trying to help. You are being quite childish about this. You are close to having an excellent costume and would take possibly tops, 20 minutes to change that collar, and sew the pen pouches closed. At this point you only have an IMPERIAL officer, not a clone officer, and you would not be able to troop your local events with an imperial costume with the RL. You would also not be allowed to be in the Legion photo at CV with a non approved costume.

I do not know why you wont take a bit of time to finish the costume.

But i could be wrong.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)



Joined: 03 Oct 2005
Posts: 1163

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, settle down kiddo!

you started off saying you were gonna troop in this for CV, so we all jumped in here to offer tips of gettign it done before than.

you may have put this in here for LOCAL folks to look at but this isn't a LOCAL folks only site, nor is this a LOCAL only group. We are ALL here to help others achieve the highest possible quality costumes. And since we are now being blunt here, you have bought a overseas premade IMPERIAL officers tunic and slapped on a rank and added stripes and the proper s-seam to the front. Why stop there? why only do half of the work? Why not just buy the imperial tunic and submit it to the 501st? I know the rank and belt are not approvable by the IMP. Officers standards, but you're right there man. take it one way or the other. you're hovering the line with the costume. I'd rather see you finish the last 2 steps and complete it. The costume judge has already said that figures cannot be used as references as they are most often wrong. in Yularins case it most certainly is.

I cannot speak for everyone else, but I def. have been reading each post. This IS a costuming club, EVERYONE is judgmental. You should know this by now. Hopefully everyone is judgmental in a nice way, which I think everyone in this thread has been.

If you are never planning on trooping with it, why bother to make it in the first place? Why bother putting up pics to show off your progress?

I for one want to see the best clone offers we can have out there. there are only three at the moment, with a few more in the pipe. It would be awesome to have a bunch of officers running around with all the RL/501st clones at events.

but hey...that's just me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 383

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh...
Kathy, you know I have other costumes. So I wouldn't be missing out on any photo shoots. I already have 3 RL approved costumes and 1 pending 501st costume. How often do we troop around here? maybe once every 2 months? I wont be missing out on any official trooping events or photo shoots. Maybe I should have posted this on TF.N instead of here.
Kay_Dee wrote:
Take care Tom. I think we all see you are putting a lot of effort into your costume and we are excited about it! As you progress we just want to offer help and support. In most costuming forums, that's what will happen when you post progress photos of your costume. We all want to see you be happy with your final result and in the most ideal situation, wouldn't it be great if this were another costume you were able to wear as a RL member (It's so close to being an approvable Clone Officer due to your attention to details like your piping and arm trim...)? However, if that isn't something that will ever bother you (not being part of a photo shoot or being able to offer this costume for troops where RL approved costumes are asked for) then no sweat - make it however you'd like. But even if you posted this project progress to a place like TF.N costumes and props (which isn't a club with any kind of 'standards') you'd be getting the same sort of helpful comments and feedback.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)



Joined: 03 Oct 2005
Posts: 1163

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you posted this project progress to a place like TF.N costumes and props (which isn't a club with any kind of 'standards') you'd be getting the same sort of helpful comments and feedback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 383

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceWolf wrote:
hey, settle down kiddo!

you started off saying you were gonna troop in this for CV, so we all jumped in here to offer tips of gettign it done before than.

you may have put this in here for LOCAL folks to look at but this isn't a LOCAL folks only site, nor is this a LOCAL only group. We are ALL here to help others achieve the highest possible quality costumes. And since we are now being blunt here, you have bought a overseas premade IMPERIAL officers tunic and slapped on a rank and added stripes and the proper s-seam to the front. Why stop there? why only do half of the work? Why not just buy the imperial tunic and submit it to the 501st? I know the rank and belt are not approvable by the IMP. Officers standards, but you're right there man. take it one way or the other. you're hovering the line with the costume. I'd rather see you finish the last 2 steps and complete it. The costume judge has already said that figures cannot be used as references as they are most often wrong. in Yularins case it most certainly is.

I cannot speak for everyone else, but I def. have been reading each post. This IS a costuming club, EVERYONE is judgmental. You should know this by now. Hopefully everyone is judgmental in a nice way, which I think everyone in this thread has been.

If you are never planning on trooping with it, why bother to make it in the first place? Why bother putting up pics to show off your progress?

I for one want to see the best clone offers we can have out there. there are only three at the moment, with a few more in the pipe. It would be awesome to have a bunch of officers running around with all the RL/501st clones at events.

but hey...that's just me.





You are the one escalating this. You dont have to resort to calling me childish or other passive aggressive wording like "kiddo" If you are truly here to help me, then stop being offensive,
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 8833

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, you have to stop bolding only PART of my sentence. I said "...then no sweat make it however you like." at the end of the phrase you chose to bold and I meant it! So stop reading things out of context just to make yourself upset. Read the whole sentence (and paragraph) please. We are here to help and give encouragement. If you don't want that, then why post your costume progress and bat ideas back and forth? You seemed excited about this, even saying you had fabric from your pants to modify your collar early on. You said it gave you something to do while you watched TV. I don't get this.
_________________
Endor Base CO




Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes


Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group