About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=64256921e3e05be1fc30f4fc00f3e299Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Braz base] Social Program: Pasta for Children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rysa-Mara (Mary Farah)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: [Braz base] Social Program: Pasta for Children Reply with quote

On May 2nd, our XO Kleber and his godson Leonardo attended to a social action organized by a group of people at "Corrego do Bom Jesus", Minas Gerais, a very small country city.

It was a big "pasta" lunch for children.

(I didn't know that clones could cook...)

Most of children had never seen people in costume before. But few them watched The Clone Wars series on tv. Anyway, at first, most of them feared them both. Like the clones at the Ryloth episode of TCW (ep 20), Kleber took his helmet off (as this was an informal mission), talked to the children and soon most of them ran to hold him, touch the armor and etc.

But this story is particularlly touchy:

This boy's birthday was on the same day of the event. And he was really sad because their parents are on a divorce process and he couldn't have a birthday party, there was no money for it. Kleber had two small Happy McMeal figures in his car and he gave them to the boy.
Uncessary to mention that the boy was thrilled and told (with many tears in his eyes) that this was the best birthday he ever had on his life.

All pictures can be seen here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/kleber.e.cibele/0502ARebelLegionNaMacarronada#

Thanks to Kleber and Leonardo to make a happier day to that children and represent the RL propely!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi-J

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo!!! Very Happy
TK-194 (Vinicius Ayres)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME!

THIS is being a trooper! A perfect example to be followed!

And note that his padawan is following him! This shows how a citizen is made!

Congratulations to you two, guys! More to come!

May the Force be with you!

A proud RL KJO member

kmlopes (Kleber de Melo Lopes)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

We were there in Minas Gerais, in my parent’s house and my syster was going out for this social action. The clone armor and the jedi tunic that we used in the CJSP 10th anniversary celebration were in the car trunk yet.   http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17333, The opportunity was present, so I thought,  “why not”? Laughing

My wife, that is always with me helping in all events came with us to this “social action” that includes evangelization, activities as drawing and painting, candies distribution, pasta distribution and books, copybooks and school material.

And, it was very rewarding. First, the fear of seen a Clone Trooper, one of them hided under the chair. I took of the helmet so they could see that it was just a person inside the armor and from then, I came closer, touched the armor, encouraging others to come after. Mr. Green

We distributed candies, took pictures (that we are going to print and give to them as a gift in the next event) and we played with them.
The integration with the mothers was also very positive. Ben

It was very exciting!!!! We had also a Birthday, as Mary told before. At this time I was glad to be using the helmet, because it hided the tears! Crying or Very sad

I would like to thank the Brazilian command to recongnize this simple action, Moriama member of 501st for lending me the clone armor (or it would be 2 jedi), my wife for the help and for taking the pictures of the event, my godson for following me in this idea and participating  of the mission and of course, my sister and friends for the opportunity and for realizing this amazing work in Córrego do Bom Jesus - MG - Brazil.

More pictures in: http://picasaweb.google.com/kleber.e.cibele/0502ARebelLegionNaMacarronada#

Best Regards...

Kile Bier Lops
Polis Massa Base - Rebel Legion Brazil
Eellayin Temple - Polis Massa KJO Temple

Our Pictures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: