Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5ca09918938fa33ebf5a1c0867699c0cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Event Req: Marin County Fair July 1-5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (8)

User Registered Confirmed
KitfoxSun Apr 12, 2009 5:23 amSun Apr 12, 2009 5:26 am
nebelwerferWed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pmWed Jun 10, 2009 7:42 pm
Master MinaTue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm
JedHeadTue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 pm
Jaina SoloThu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm
Anasian SkywalkerFri Jun 19, 2009 6:28 pm
Kay_DeeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 am
Leia1138Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:31 pm
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaina Solo wrote:

Yes, that was me! I did manage to get a hold of Darci long enough to pay her for it, so it's mine in theory! I, too, am getting it as a motivator to stay in shape, but I've wanted one for years and I just recently had the cash to get one. I'd be super-willing to wear it to RL events, but I know that due to the nature of the costume, it's not a costume that is requested for events often...

Sorry, I feel like such a loser for having all of these costumes on the brink of being finished!

I think you'll make a great Leia! Yeah, events for the slave costume are hit and miss. It's not really for the kiddie parties and boy scouts events. But last year there was a dance marathon at Berkeley so since it was a college crowd that costume was perfect for Barbie to wear! It just depends on the event. I personally just know this is going to be one of my weaker costumes (due to how I look, not how it's made) so I'm more than happy to let others be Slave Leia for events... trust me Smile

And you are not a loser for having costumes in the works. I have many in the works with no firm commitment on anything!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Jaina Solo (Shea Standefer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girl, you are going to make a KILLER Slave Leia! I only hope you'll wear it on occassion so we can take some snaps together! I envy you naturally slender women with a burning passion! Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in town the weekend of the 4th of July and can work on the 4th of July, which is Saturday I believe. Costume is generic Jedi, if allowed. If not? No biggy, just let me know if I'm approved to work the event.

Please list the dates you would like to troop.

Date: July 3rd or July 4th
Shift: Prefer 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM shift, if available.

-Please list all costumes you can provide (including 501st costumes if you have them).

Costume: Generic Jedi

- * E-mail (not PM - it's deleted too fast) Kay Dee your postal snail mail address. This is so we can mail you your parking pass for the fair. Also tell me if you are planning to drive or carpool.

Method of Transportation: I will be driving, and I do plan on bringing a guest.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:
I'll be in town the weekend of the 4th of July and can work on the 4th of July, which is Saturday I believe. Costume is generic Jedi, if allowed. If not? No biggy, just let me know if I'm approved to work the event.

Please list the dates you would like to troop.

Date: July 3rd or July 4th
Shift: Prefer 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM shift, if available.

-Please list all costumes you can provide (including 501st costumes if you have them).

Costume: Generic Jedi

- * E-mail (not PM - it's deleted too fast) Kay Dee your postal snail mail address. This is so we can mail you your parking pass for the fair. Also tell me if you are planning to drive or carpool.

Method of Transportation: I will be driving, and I do plan on bringing a guest.

Great Robin, I'll submit your costume for review by the event coordinators and I'm guessing perhaps a week before the event we'll know which Jedi are approved for which shifts. (I still have not heard back from the 501st as to how they want to handle picking Jedi and what their Jedi numbers cap is - sorry).

Please note that your guest will need to buy their own ticket for the fair. Our parking in the past has been in back, so your guest may have to be dropped off out front and line up for a ticket?

Also, are you saying you can do only one day of the two, not both? Just want to be sure.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Great Robin, I'll submit your costume for review by the event coordinators and I'm guessing perhaps a week before the event we'll know which Jedi are approved for which shifts. (I still have not heard back from the 501st as to how they want to handle picking Jedi and what their Jedi numbers cap is - sorry).

Please note that your guest will need to buy their own ticket for the fair. Our parking in the past has been in back, so your guest may have to be dropped off out front and line up for a ticket?

Also, are you saying you can do only one day of the two, not both? Just want to be sure.

No worries, like I said, if it happens? Great. If not? No biggy as I'm sure other 4th of July events will be popping up on my calendar. Very Happy

As for the dates...I can work one or the other, not both. It doesn't really matter what date I work. It's really up to them to let me know what dates they need more help on. I'm flexible. Wink [/quote]
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:

As for the dates...I can work one or the other, not both. It doesn't really matter what date I work. It's really up to them to let me know what dates they need more help on. I'm flexible. Wink

One more thing - I'm not sure that a single 2 hour shift is what they are looking for. Can you do longer? I know they are looking to fill the entire day 12-7 (arrive before 12 to change into costume). So I could imagine it being more like 2 shifts *IF* there are lots of Jedi signing up.... maybe a 12:00-3:30 and a 3:30-7:30 since people are getting a free pass to the fair. I'd imagine they want us to put in a fair amount of time in costume. Again, these are questions that will need answering by Mike and Ian.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One more thing - I'm not sure that a single 2 hour shift is what they are looking for. Can you do longer? I know they are looking to fill the entire day 12-7 (arrive before 12 to change into costume). So I could imagine it being more like 2 shifts *IF* there are lots of Jedi signing up.... maybe a 12:00-3:30 and a 3:30-7:30 since people are getting a free pass to the fair. I'd imagine they want us to put in a fair amount of time in costume. Again, these are questions that will need answering by Mike and Ian.

Sure, I can work longer than a 2 hour shift so long as I get potty and food breaks. Laughing I'm not real crazy about working the shift in costume the whole time, though, but I'll wait until Mike or Ian get back to you about that.

And since the shift will be that long, are we allowed to bring a folding chair to sit when traffic is slow? I have very bad feet and legs (medical condition; hence the reason I'm spending money on new boots) and can't stand for hours on end. As such, I'll need to sit every once in a while just to relieve the pressure off of my feet, unless the exhibit/booth doesn't allow for it. I know, I sound like a big baby, but it's just not worth the pain and the consequences I'll suffer the next day.

I use to work the Contra Costa County Fair when I was in 4-H and they allowed us to have folding chairs at Exhibits. I'm going to guess that the Marin County Fair allows for the same.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to rest your feet, you'd just take a break in the break room. They don't let us sit in folding chairs in the camp. It will make sense when you see the set-up. We are actually a live part of our exhibit. Our costumes are part of the presentation if you will Smile

I didn't mean 6-7 hours straight. People take breaks when they need to for sure! We get food, use the restroom, take a breather, then go back out. They just try to make sure not everyone takes a break at the same time.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
If you need to rest your feet, you'd just take a break in the break room. They don't let us sit in folding chairs in the camp. It will make sense when you see the set-up. We are actually a live part of our exhibit. Our costumes are part of the presentation if you will Smile

I didn't mean 6-7 hours straight. People take breaks when they need to for sure! We get food, use the restroom, take a breather, then go back out. They just try to make sure not everyone takes a break at the same time.

OK...Now that I have a better understanding of this event Surprised I'm going to request that my preference is to work July 3rd. I have a big trip planned following July 4th weekend and I have a feeling I'm gonna be too wasted and tired to pack and get my affairs in order if I work on July 4th and don't allow at least one day to (1) rest from this event Laughing and (2) have time to pack before returning to work on Monday July 6th.

Let me know if there will be a problem with the request. Otherwise, I'll be a good sport and work on July 4th if they really need the volunteers, but prefer July 3rd. Razz
Trooperdad (Don Ganschow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there probably Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th. Saturday arrival will be a little late since my scout troop has flag duty ceremonies earlier in the day.

Been to this even last 2 years and always enjoy it. Will be switch hitting with 501st costume too.

Also, son Zach (RFT) will also be there. He will be 18 July 1st so we'll plan on sending in his RL application in June.

Sounds like this event is getting better with our ability to walk around more than just the hall with our exhibit (although on a hot summer day staying in an air-condidtioned building is not so bad).

Let me know if more help is needed and I'll see what my schedule is like (but difficult thing is it's not close to home or work).

Don G.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trooperdad wrote:
I'll be there probably Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th. Saturday arrival will be a little late since my scout troop has flag duty ceremonies earlier in the day.

Also, son Zach (RFT) will also be there. He will be 18 July 1st so we'll plan on sending in his RL application in June.

Don G.

Great! Another Rebel Fleet Trooper! I know Mike was really hoping for a few of you 'hemeted' types Smile It will be great to have Zach as a member too.

I'll put you down for the 3rd & 4th... both RFT and Stormtrooper available. Is that the same for Zach?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Trooperdad (Don Ganschow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup. He's a RFT also (my wingman, so to speak).
lotonam20 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do Saturday and Sunday, if you all think my EP I Queen Amidala would be right for the event.
My husband Bill has signed up as a Stormtrooper for the GGG for those days as well.
One thing is I would need to do the event in shifts on those days, because of the weight of the head piece. I am open on what times I would be needed, and Bill and I will try to be there both days.

Thanks.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update...I just got an invite to a wedding on July 4th, so that narrows down the days for me to troop at this event, if approved. As of right now, July 3rd is the only day I'll be able to work this event.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lotonam20 wrote:
I can do Saturday and Sunday, if you all think my EP I Queen Amidala would be right for the event.
My husband Bill has signed up as a Stormtrooper for the GGG for those days as well.
One thing is I would need to do the event in shifts on those days, because of the weight of the head piece. I am open on what times I would be needed, and Bill and I will try to be there both days.

Thanks.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I think your Amidala costume should be great! I do have to run all costumes by Mike but from what I understand your costume would be fine and you might just have to do shifts if there is a second Padme character (you guys could switch back and forth, or one could possibly roam the fair with a Jedi for example) Shall I let Mike Morris know you'll be there all day but doing shifts because you need long breaks?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: