About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c10d643599e22170ea9ca6e3d36bb601Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wanted: Dantooine Base Pilots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine in the 501st/RL up in Vermont is making the code cylinders now. I told him I'm interested on the next set he does so may be able to pick up some extras. I have a source for the correct buckles. I'll look later to see if I can find a pattern for the flak vest.

My helmet I have is already pre-painted up like Luke's. Not sure I'll be doing another one specific to the squadron.
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be doing up the pattern for the vest this weekend or next week while I'm at work with some time on my hands unless you come up with a lead before then. How much would the code cylinders cost about? I know Elvis trooper sells his for like $10 a piece which is not bad really, and he does good work. I am really interested in the buckles, keep us up to date on that development.

On the helmet I am torn between two ideas right now, one is to do the classic white helmet with blue rebel birds since there were like 4-6 of those seen in a new hope or I want to make a tribute to the fallen jedi, like a bleeding jedi order symbol with "never forget" in aurebesh.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't said yet. I'm hoping he'll be cheaper than Elvis trooper. His prices aren't too bad, but if he can do it cheaper I'll take it.

Here is Claudio's ebay page. He doesn't list the buckles, but he did an offering to the RL a while back. I'd send him a message and see what he says. He also sells the whole flak vest for $75.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which buckles are we talking about here? The belt webbing buckle, or the slider on the back of the flack vest? The ones for the belt webbing, I think Mr. Bojangles has them stocked up...

Anything anyone orders or makes locally on pilots right now, send me a message before you do. My best friend is finally taking the Orange. He'll be with Mountain Base, but I'm helping him as well as a couple locals... He wants it done by June (for their local con) and then CVI... I may see about duplicating anything anyone does for him as I'll probably be doing a lot of work on anything that needs it for him...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be needing more buckles eventually, but no way of ordering those in by the end of this month. The rocker switches i did last night, i think, came out really nice. I'll be posting up a picture of them on facebook in the morning. They came out well enough I need to do up and extra switch or 3 to cast them for the vac pulled chest boxes I'm hoping to do with the Springfield group.

Also, did I hear right that there is a thread here talking about forming a squadron that i can't see cause I'm not a full member?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart, your rebel pilot isn't approved yet?! What do you still need?
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the pilot squad discussion is in the Member-only area... right now our three active pilots are Sarah, Kevin, and Steve, none of which get on here very often any more Smile Hopefully some fresh blood approved will get things going...

And yes, I haven't submitted it because I wanted to do it when I have my helmet... but I'm thinking that's not going to be anytime soon still, so I probably should just submit (Sarah got approved before she had hers, but I didn't want to have to resubmit pictures once I have it, as it's easier to submit a new costume than to update an existing one, thanks to the way our system works...). Since it's exactly the same as hers I'm guessing it'll be approved pretty quickly, I just haven't done it.

Plus, I wanted to do some work on my harness to make it a little more durable when I walk/kneel/sit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, posted on facebook and I will post here, are both these switches acceptable or is one more accepted over the other?

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have been pouring over as many pictures as possible and I have come the conclusion that there is no one set that's right. LOL. So I did up a middle button similar to the middle button in the middle (I have not seen any pictures to really support the outside switches being like the middle one) So I will arrange them and see which I like best. All three switches with the v cut or two v cuts and one slope. I'll be posting pictures on this on the weekend. The chest box and the switches are ready for their primer/filler coats. Then just need to do the vinyl, greeblies and buttons.

So since there is no way for me to view the thread on the possible squadron and the possible names, what are the suggestions and can I toss my 2 cents into the pot even though I'm not official yet?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, leg flare holder done!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update again - Front of the vest is done and the shoulder straps. The back is about half done right now. I should have it done for PCC, I hope.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost there but the damn link on the submittal page doesn't work right. GRRRRRR
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazarus wrote:
I'm almost there but the damn link on the submittal page doesn't work right. GRRRRRR

You can get to the form but can't submit, or can't get to the submittal form at all? I can get to the form (haven't tried to submit). If you get an error or something take a screen shot or something to submit to the web team...

I'll probalby go ahead and submit my pilot tomorrow too, and see where we get...

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out finally, they really changed the process on how you submit for approval.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazarus wrote:
I figured it out finally, they really changed the process on how you submit for approval.

So you did submit it? I (and Rich) should get an email when you do that, and I never got it, nor did I get one when I submitted my own pilot (either as base command staff or for updating my account)... I've heard of problems with the email notification system but haven't experienced it... I guess I have now... Rich, did you get any emails about our submittals?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: