About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=779627e5e69acd030f8a876173fed86dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Cpt Rex helmet - Just checking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rysa-Mara (Mary Farah)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Cpt Rex helmet - Just checking Reply with quote

Guys and gals,

Pls. Can you inform if this customized helmet is accepted for Rex standards?
If not, what else do I need to do?

Tks in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
General Fidelis (Tom T.)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for asking, Mary.

The short answer is, "No." It can be made into an acceptable helmet (unlike the Rubies), though, with some work. Brian (phantom8) is the master of the Hasbro voice changer modification. I would contact him for details if this is what you would like to do. BTW, he also knows where to get resin copies of the mods he's done. Wink

Basically, the major things you'd have to do is make the visor much smaller and seal-up all the seams with auto body filler (or something similar).

Clones of the Republic (COR) Detachment Founder
Former Clone Trooper LCJ
TC-9927
phantom8 (Brian Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here are my photos of the conversion process:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tk7602/sets/72157611350948830/

You would need to fill in all of the seams. The ear details would need to be changed to be more accurate (either indents for an Attack of the Clones style or bumps for Clone Wars animation). The vent slots on the side would need changes... there are 6 slots for AotC and 4 for CW. The control buttons for the voice changer would need to be removed and smoothed out along with the seams.

In short, that helmet can be made to work, but it's a LOT of work.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantom8 wrote:
Hello,

Here are my photos of the conversion process:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tk7602/sets/72157611350948830/

You would need to fill in all of the seams. The ear details would need to be changed to be more accurate (either indents for an Attack of the Clones style or bumps for Clone Wars animation). The vent slots on the side would need changes... there are 6 slots for AotC and 4 for CW. The control buttons for the voice changer would need to be removed and smoothed out along with the seams.

In short, that helmet can be made to work, but it's a LOT of work.

LOT of work does not scare me. I love to do this. Smile

I'll check the process later, calmly and be sure I'll ask if I have doubts. Wink
Thank you both guys. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: