About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4f1af0f7431a8a3edf42aaf18d1c47b6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

At-RT 1:1 Helmet replica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skygunbro ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: At-RT 1:1 Helmet replica Reply with quote

HI all I got 2 nice pictures last week from a friend of mine that really showed the details of the visor on the side as well as the ear com and antenna so i of course had to add the details even though most available ref. pics dont show these details.But knowing they are there and not putting them in would have driven me nuts.
So I spent the last few days hand carving in all the lines and new found details.I dont think you guys will be able to really see all the details until I actually get a cast done and painted.The grey primer,bright shop lights and my crappy picture taking ability washes out all the small details,but here are a couple new pics as of 2 days ago.

I have been working on this build off and on since last Sept.I have lot of WIP pics.But because im a Noob here im posting this in its latest form.Everything is bondo and has been hand carved/sculpted using bondo.I used a OSCS EIII clone helmet as a base which no longer exists except the ear caps.I actually ended up cutting most of the helmet off.In hindsight it might have been easier to not have used a armature at all. Oh well
General Fidelis (Tom T.)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a beauty! I've always like the AT-RT Driver get-up.
One thing I'm wondering is how much neck clearance there will be. That style bucket is a little longer than a standard one. Have you had a chance to put it on, yet?

Clones of the Republic (COR) Detachment Founder
Former Clone Trooper LCJ
TC-9927
skygunbro ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be fine.....Thats where I had to try and make it a tad shorter than in the pics...Your right if this was built exactly like the pics I think on most the bottom of the helmet would sit on your shoulders and you would be staring through the nose....
So I tried to keep it as short as possible without making it look not right does that make sense lol?
General Fidelis (Tom T.)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha'. I though you mentioned shortening it a bit, but wasn't sure. That'll be a big help. I like being able to see and turing my head is a nice bonus, too. Cool

Clones of the Republic (COR) Detachment Founder
Former Clone Trooper LCJ
TC-9927
Q (Markus Zimmerman)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful work as always SGB. Cool
Phoenix 10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LSKIV ()

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous Mr. Green
Lord Preston ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow..... your an artist dude! Beautiful helmet!
AMP (Tony Perez)
Kessel Base CO
Kessel Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, that is sweet!

It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: