Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2f16ef688b412cdca05a6014c6b6974fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Scope ideas for a Mauser to DL-44 conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfen (Adam)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Scope ideas for a Mauser to DL-44 conversion Reply with quote

I am looking for any ideas that people have on making a scope for a DL-44 conversion that I am working on. I know there are Blast-tech kits etc but I'm trying to keep the budget as low as possible. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For which blaster Version?
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once saw where someone scratch built an ESB one using pieces of PVC pipe, styrene and putty and bondo, but that was years ago.

What I would suggest is to sign up on these forums and ask if anyone has done something like it, and take a look around at people's builds to get some inspiration, if you want to do this on the cheap.

Blaster Builders Club

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
For which blaster Version?

I really am not fussed. I'm not looking to make a specific version, I just want to put some kind of scope on it to make it a general DL-44.
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-resin-m38-tank-scope-replica-1475-p.asp
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tutorial on how to make a hardware scope that will look like this:

http://jedi5150.fateback.com/hw-m19-tutorial/index.htm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good tutorial!

It is quite easy to cut a scope bracket for the M19. You need a L-shaped piece of plastic or aluminum that is thick and sturdy enough, and at least 1" by 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" long. Preferrably slightly wider.
Glue and/or bolt the scope's feet to the top of the bracket, and put hex nuts or bolts under each foot. You need a spacer between the bracket and the main gun also.
Three types of bracket were used in ESB and ROTJ. You can find pics and info by following links on The Parts of Star Wars. (Great site, but a little dated)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: