Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7fd0914804457e56c1cdda7a8d84e2bdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Republic Jedi Blaster question
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jawa (Justin)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: New Republic Jedi Blaster question Reply with quote

I know in the standards it states you may have a blaster with holster, are there any limits as far as blasters? I obviously don't think a Jedi would have a scout rifle or anything but would a small assault rifle style be allowed? (example would be a standard clone or stormtrooper blaster)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
THX-1138 (Billy Soto)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not technically... think about the games that take place after ROTJ (the Dark forces series) they all use all different types of weapons....
Scout Trooper- I have the gun...

Jawa (Justin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so as long as it looks from the SW universe and is not ridiculously big I should be ok right? I always like to color just outside the lines a bit and going against the typical pistol blaster would be my way of doing that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Jedi sniper? Wow... that would be awesome.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Republic Jedi Blaster question Reply with quote

Jawa wrote:
I know in the standards it states you may have a blaster with holster, are there any limits as far as blasters? I obviously don't think a Jedi would have a scout rifle or anything but would a small assault rifle style be allowed? (example would be a standard clone or stormtrooper blaster)

Think of the pistol blasters that Han and Luke used in ANH and ESB.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volund Starfire wrote:
A Jedi sniper? Wow... that would be awesome.

I think a sniper rifle is probably one type of blaster a Jedi wouldn't use... they only use their lightsabers (and the Force for that matter) for defense, I doubt they'd try and pick off someone from a distance.

Just my 2 credits Laughing

Costumer of the Year - 2010
Current Build Threads: Meadow Gown: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100662
Ceremonial Leia: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=986837#986837
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you limiting it to just the DL-44's, Bryan? How about a custom job, a modified nerf, perhaps (as long as it is tastefully done and looks like it fits in the Star Wars Universe)? How about any of the other various weapons of the Star Wars universe (CDEF's, Blastech's, Merr-Sonn's and so forth)?

Personally, I wouldn't see a Jedi carry anything larger than a pistol - a carbine would be severely stretching, I would think. I an't see a jedi carrying a sniper rifle because the idea of sniping just goes against all that is of the Jedi Code, in my humble opinion.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jawa (Justin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I never said anything about wanting to use a sniper rifle...I said the exact opposite. I wouldn't use anything like a scout rifle or something considered "long range" I whipped up a lil piece to show you exactly what I mean. The reference Item on the bottom is a small airsoft pistol. As you can see it is not THAT much bigger than a pistol.

I have seen many "repaints" of standard SW weapons used for inexpensive props in the past. And I know it's "against the Jedi code" but if New Republic Jedi can have them...where is that code? This is just my lil idea for a generic NR Jedi, either people like the idea of expanding the norm or they think all jedi, new republic and old, should fit into the same standard and look alike (If that was the case Luke would have not fit into the Jedi standard at all)
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you would. I was just weighing in on the idea since it was brought up elsewhere.

I do like the idea of using other known blaster pistols from the Star Wars universe (EU), as I hd mentioned. Like I said, already, a carbine (which is what the DH-17's and E-11's are) is almost too much blaster for a Jedi, imho, of course. I'd stick with any of the various forms of blaster pistol, if it were me. But I am not one to stifle somebody else's creativity.

I look forward to seeing what you in in mind (if you ever bring the idea to fruition).

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jawa (Justin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently working on a pistol as well but my over all plan was to use the carbine but if it is too long I could always trim a lot off the back end to give it more on the "long barrel" pistol look. I would like to know if a Jedi LCR would approve this as a jedi blaster as is would would cutting everything behind the grip give it enough of a pistol look to be apporved? I don't want to cut it up if I dont have to.
Jawa (Justin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically you guys are looking for something more like this right?

But if i can get away with the carbine, that's what I would prefer
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you can always paint a Jango Fett or General Grevious too
corellianfive ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr, Jedi don't use blasters in my opinion Confused

That's what separates them, a lightsaber is the only weapon they should carry. I've read plenty of EU & "some" writers have given Jedi blasters even Luke when clearly Luke gave up his blaster many many years ago...poor research by the author Mad

but that's my 2c worth Razz
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, there goes my number one accessory...
corellianfive ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*doh* didn't say they couldn't as such *lol* just that maybe they shouldn't Wink

There have been plenty of examples where they have- just IMHO Jedi don't carry blasters- they have lightsabers Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: