About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=818d992b151e79a91b33ee2e366c02bcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MDA Walk-A-Thon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
D-WanSun Apr 12, 2009 2:13 pm
Funky BunsThu Apr 09, 2009 1:49 pm
Kryy JacobiThu Apr 30, 2009 3:13 am
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: MDA Walk-A-Thon Reply with quote

Mid Ga MDA /Spirit Fun Walk has reached out to us for help in their MDA Fund Walk May 2nd. We have met with the local group leader/organizer and gathered member fund documents to help with the fundraiser. This is what I was hoping to do...

1) Gather or raise money by the RL and 501st with a $300 minimum donation from the group(s).

2) We (Nikki and I) have to have a list of people's names who donate and a shirt size of all who plan on showing for the event.

3) If you wish to donate via check, make it out to MDA and can hand it to us at one of the upcoming events or mail it to :

508 BOYSCOUT RD
BYRON GA 31008

4) The Walk-A-Thon will be at Fountain Park (Warner Robins) on May 2nd. The whole park will be closed to just the MDA officals and events. Channel 13 wmaz will be there as they host the Jerry Lewis LaborDay thon and some of the broadcaster will participate in a "celeb/charity" softball game with them, Jacob's Skywalkers, THE WARNER ROBINS LITTLE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS ,and those of us who wish to participate. We will present them with the sum of what we have gathered, live on TV ( So if we can have the officers of RL & 501st as presenters, it'll be better) .

Awards and such will be awarded to the MDA group (such as Jacob's Skywalkers) for catgories like :

LARGEST SUPPORT TURNOUT
MOST MONEY RAISED

Heather asked Nikki and I if we could call out to our fellow costumers for help in this and make it one of the biggest events ever for MDA. We will need the money/donations by April 22nd and everyone who is planning on being there by April 2nd with their shirt sizes (which is sponsored by Zaxby's)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kayia secura ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear up one thing stated in the above post. There will be media at the walk athon but the money will not be presented until September on the MDA Telathon. Heather does have to give them the money we raise the day of the walathon and then in September at the MDA telathon they will give her a check for that amount to present to them. I do have flyers for thoes that are going to be walking. I do need to get Everyones name and Shirt size by April 1st so they can get the shirts made and have the team rosters given stating the ones that will be partisipating. This will be a costume event. I know the walk starts at 8:00 a.m so I am asking everyone if at all possible to be there at 7"00 a.m so everyone will be suited up and ready by 8:00. If you have any questions or advise on ways that we could raise the money for them please post or send me a PM .
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI guys I just wanted to check and see if there is anyone that is intrested in partisipating on this walkathon team. If you are please post here or shoot me a pm with your name and shirt size by april 1, 2009. This is for a good cause. It is raising money for the MDA. And if you are not able to particiate and would like to give a donation you can do that as well. just shoot me a pm about that. Thanks again for your help.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be able to help with this one. If I can't make the walk will make a donation for sure.

Knights of the Jedi Order
The Jedi Assembly
1 Thessalonians 5:14
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
kayia secura ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last check before I get with the lady about the shirts. If there is anyone that would like to be a part of this please post me your name ans shirt size so I can get it to her in the next few days thanks very much Smile
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medium or large will work for me.

Knights of the Jedi Order
The Jedi Assembly
1 Thessalonians 5:14
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't make it my friends.... Sad It's work as usual.... Rolling Eyes
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry, Ms.XO, I'll lead this charge Razz Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
wadeh13 (Wade Henry)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to do the walk, but I am working on getting some donations.
kayia secura ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that the MDA Walk is 2 weeks away. Heather the coordinator of the walk team sent me a link for online donations to be made. If anyone is intrested in making donations or if you have gotten donations and want to just submit them online the link will send the donations stright the the teams account. The walk is May 2nd it begins at 8:00 am at Fountain Park in Warner Robins. Heather has asked me to send her Thanks to those that will be participating in the walk and also for the donations raised. I also would like to thank those that will be taking part in this event as well. Together we can help find a cure of kids like Jacob and adults to not have to suffer with this anymore.

The link is

https://www.joinmda.org/MyEvent/MyHomepage/tabid/70657/Participant/hd574/Default
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you all know that I have the shirts for those that sent me their shirt size. We are checking into seeing if we can have some more printed if people would like to purchase them for a donation. I will post on here if that will be possible and if there may be some that is intrested in getting one. I will post pics of the shirt on here later this afternoon
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the shirts for the walk-a-thon and you guys ought to love 'em. It seems like us"Rebels" have fans and even if you cant make the walk, you can still help out because we may have some extra shirts that could be purchased at $10.00 a shirt, all of which goes to MDA. For those comin, its not far from the Air Base where we had the Astronaunts Day. If anybody needs any info/directions, please pm or call me (951-2842)

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Directions to walk :

From North:
I-75 S to Russel Pkwy, take left. Go approx. 5 miles past Johnny G's and movie theater to Kimberly Rd (Kystals on the corner). Take left, go through 2 intersections ( approx. 3/4 mil) and the road deadends. The Park is on the left before the stop sign (firetrucks and balloons will be noticable).

From South :

Hal you know how to get there. wink2

We do have to be there by 8:30am

Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry I won't be able to attend, but I sent a small donation through the website:

https://www.joinmda.org/MyEvent/MyTeamHomepage/tabid/70658/Team/Skywalkers/Default.aspx

I pray the walk will be a big success! Very Happy
kayia secura ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will post pics as soon as we get back today sometimes. Please wish us luck that with all the teams there that there will be a good bit of money raised to help this cause. We see Jacob have his ups and downs and he has to use his wheel chair more often now and it just breaks my heart for kids to go through this. will up date on all that goes on later. Thnks for all the support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: