About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7274cc39da37139af19225582fe11d16Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Planet Comicon, part of "4 Days of SW in KC"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Planet Comicon, part of "4 Days of SW in KC"
Event from Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:00 pm to Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:00 pm

The last weekend in March will be busy for us here in KC. We've got four days of Star Wars fun coming to Kansas City the last week of March. First, Aaron Allston will be at the Borders in Lee's Summit, MO promoting his new book "Fate of the Jedi: Outcast" (link), followed by Kansas City's largest 'pop culture' convention, Planet Comicon. Here's an outline of the activities, many items are still tentative:

Thr. 3/26: Allston bookstore event, 7PM
Fri. 3/27: 501st Dinner
Sat. 3/28: Planet Comicon, 10AM; PowerPlay Mixer 6PM; Joint Group Celeb Dinner ??
Sun. 3/29: RL Group Photo 9AM; Planet Comicon 10AM

So if you're coming for one of these, consider making it a long weekend and doing them all!!! Now, on to the details

Planet Comicon:
Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 10AM to 5PM
Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10AMto 4PM

Admission:
RL members who get with me can get a special deal (like the 501st/HotA); I will collect money from you and get you a wrist band or other pass. Prices for this are as follows:
Adult: $12 -- Kids (10-14): $6 -- Kids (9 and under): FREE.
I will be at the convention hall Sat. morning for the 501st pictures (w/ Sarah), so best thing if you want this is to get with me then. Otherwise, get in touch w/ me to make arangements.

If you don't do that, regular (at the door) prices are:
Adult Weekend Pass: $15
Child Weekend Pass (Age 7 to 14): $6
Under 7: FREE
You can purchase from KC area comic book stores in advance for $12, which is probably the same price we'll get; check the con site for info about participating stores.

RL Group Price list:
(Please RVSP if you want to be on our list, instead of bying a pre-pass or being on FanForce or 501st's equivalent list if they have them)
GandalfBMG (table pass)
GsWookie (table pass) + baby g
Marcus, GsPadawan (child admission)

Honorary Membership Induction:
Mr. Allston and Mr. Mayhew already are honorary members of Rebel Legion, but Tom Kane is not, and what more fitting base to induct the Overland Park, KS native than Dantooine!

I'm waiting to here back about the possiblity of doing this A) at the dinner Saturday night (if he's going to attend) or B) at Mr. Kane's pannel (3:45 Saturday). Doing it 'on the floor' is the third and last option we'll do... Stay tuned, I'm waiting to hear back from the con organizer or Mr. Kane directly.

Group Picture
Sunday, 9:15 AM, Inside 'pannel' room or 'back staging area' of exhibit floor.
We are going to try and do full on group pictures Sunday morning. I want to do ALL RL members, all Dantooine Base Members, and any squads/temples/detachmemtns that are represented. You must be a 'full' legion member to be included and wearing a RL costume, or in "civie" gear (though preferably something RL related then too... we have caps even you could borrow)...

We need any non-member volunteers we can get to help out w/ photography as well...

Table Duty:
I think this year I want to try table duty a bit different. Lets schedule time just in hour blocks (you can volunteer for as many as you want in a row though), and just one person 'on the list'. That person is it, but we almost always have a couple other people hanging out at the table... I think this'll allow us to have shorter 'on' times and keep crowding down. Sarah and I are a 'single person' though considering other activity duties and the kids, we'll not commit to separatly to duty.
Saturday
9:30 (Set up): Bart and Sarah
10 - 11: Bart and Sarah
11 - 12: OPEN
12 - 1: OPEN
1 - 2: OPEN
2 - 3: OPEN
3 - 4: OPEN
4 - 5 (mini tear down):Bart and Sarah
Sunday
10 - 11 (mini setup): Karl
11 - 12: Karl
12 - 1: Karl
1 - 2: Karl
2 - 3: Karl
3 - 4 (tear down): Bart and Sarah

Fan Group Pannel:
From 10-11 Sunday morning, all the fan groups in attendance can participate in a 'meet the fans' pannel. It's the first slot of the day so it'll be slow, but we gotta start somewhere... I'm thinking of doing pictures in this same room so we'll be in there already maybe...

Jawa Hunt
This is being led by Jamie "Darth Venomous", and is similar to the 501st's Droid Hunt. What RL needs is rebels who are willing to hand out droids to the 'civilians' at the con and Jawas who are willing to try and take them back Wink Please let me know if you want to be on the list, and which day (you ned to be in the costume that fits the role while 'playing').

Rebels:
GandalfBMG

Jawas:
Darth Venomous

OutSide Convention Activities:

Fan Group Social Mixer
Saturday, 3/28 - 6 PM
PowerPlay KC
13110 W 62nd Ter Shawnee, KS 66216[/i]
After the convention Saturday, head out for a night of food, games, and fun. See website for details, but this venue features a wide variety of food, drink, and entertainment options under one roof.

We're getting a good deal from them; just tell them you're with 'the star wars group' and for $20 you'll the buffet, 4 attraction passes, and 40 arcade credits.
Click here for more info.

Celebrity Dinner
This is a 'open invite' to the other fan groups thing, I'll be on Saturday evening. Please PM Darth Venomous for more info, as he is the coordinator of this piece.

Last edited by gandalfbmg (Bart German) on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things we need to nail down:

Does Sunday at 9:30 AM work for a RL Group Photo shoot, like how the 501st does theirs Sat. at that time (right before the con opens)? Or would Sat. right after the show ends work better? (I'm thinking of apeasing those that only stay on Sat. vs. the dual-club members...)

A lot of the things are still up in the air, so please check back often for updates.

If you're wanting to stay in a hotel for the weekend... we're staying at the Holtze Executive Villiage just about a mile or so from the center. We have a friend tha works there. But if you want to hang out, call and get a room Wink. We'll be there Friday and Sat. nights. Of course, I say stay Thurs night too and go to the Allston event Wink Vacation time is meant to be used (I'm taking off early on Thurs and all day Friday off, and Monday too recover)!

PLEASE come out to the PowerPlay mixer Sat. evening... it's the social stuff like this with folks from different cities and different groups, that really make the con experience special. My best memories of Celebration III are from the FanForce social event at a similar place...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Venomous (Jamie S)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping this year will be fun. I don't know if I'll be able to work the RL table any, going to be at the HotA table a lot, but will be stopping by occasionaly.
Oh, and for the Jawa Hunt, any RL or Mando costume can pass out the cards, it's just the Jawa's that are collecting them.
GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do RL costume on Saturday. Either ANH Leia or Ep. III Padme. We only want to have ONE ANH Leia in costume at a time (it's like a Vader) so if you know you're wanting to wear the ANH white Leia dress, please post what time you'd like to be in it so there's only one at a time!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've asked for saturday off and i have sunday free so i should be there all weekend , and i may get a room on sat . (if anyone wants to split cost). now to decide what costumes to bring . prolly xwing and RFT . i'll be wearing my GL (Hal)at some point .
so i'll be up for booth time when i get there on sat (early after noon ??)and all day sunday . i'll know more the closer we get to the actual date .
LadyBedlam (Kelly Sutton)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so if your gonna do ANH Leia then I won't bother with it and try something else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyBedlam wrote:
Ok so if your gonna do ANH Leia then I won't bother with it and try something else.

Are you gonna be there Sat. and Sun.? Cause I know Sarah's not doing Leia on Sunday, she's doing her TIE that day...

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please go HERE and vote ASAP!

Darth Venomous (Jamie S)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted
Var Pallo (Bobby Heitz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be up on Friday. I have things I have to do Thursday. See everyone Saturday Morning.

Darksaber Jedi Knights, Springfield, MO Fanforce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post updated w/ info about pictures... and we need table folks still too!

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Post updated:

Regarding Admission:
Quote:
Admission:
RL members who get with me can get a special deal (like the 501st/HotA); I will collect money from you and get you a wrist band or other pass. Prices for this are as follows:
Adult: $12 -- Kids (10-14): $6 -- Kids (9 and under): FREE.
I will be at the convention hall Sat. morning for the 501st pictures (w/ Sarah), so best thing if you want this is to get with me then. Otherwise, get in touch w/ me to make arangements.

Regarding Mr. Kane's honorary membership induction:
Quote:
I'm waiting to here back about the possiblity of doing this A) at the dinner Saturday night (if he's going to attend) or B) at Mr. Kane's pannel (3:45 Saturday). Doing it 'on the floor' is the third and last option we'll do... Stay tuned, I'm waiting to hear back from the con organizer or Mr. Kane directly.

Regarding Fan Group Panel:
Quote:
Fan Group Pannel:
From 10-11 Sunday morning, all the fan groups in attendance can participate in a 'meet the fans' pannel. It's the first slot of the day so it'll be slow, but we gotta start somewhere... I'm thinking of doing pictures in this same room so we'll be in there already maybe...

Also, STILL need table volunteers to comit themselves, and info regarding dinner and pictures is being refined...

Also, any out of towners in town Friday night but not going to the 501st dinner, let us know, we're staying near the con and maybe can hang out/get dinner...

dirk steele (karl)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can do table all day sunday and can help with set up and tear down . not sure what time i'll get there on saturday yet .
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're leaving today to run errands and check into the hotel, so our internet access will be spotty. If anyone needs anything please call one of us: 816-699-6878 or 816-699-9758. we'll be around our phones today but then it'll be hard to do even that once the show starts tomorrow.

sandtrooperscout (Mark Tomasello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we'll be back down this year, once we make it thru the blizzard that is. Cant leave till tomorrow morning since we both work tonight.

I'm considering making it a Rebel Weekend and not wear any Imp gear. Will definitely wear the X-Wing on Sunday. It's a toss up right now for Saturday though, if I go RFT or completely out of genre and wear my pirate. Regardless, see ya this weekend!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: