About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b90f4813c9f5d186b22be6d3fc8f2884Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base T-Shirt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truc Llifnats (Curt Stanfill)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually local tshirt shops can do shirt runs of 12 - 25 shirts, 3 colors, for a total cost of $12.00 per shirt so small runs would not be out of the question and easy to do.

I like the Base shirt idea better than a regional shirt. Smile
Rebel Legion
Darth Venomous (Jamie S)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Cool
JaylinDakaal ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dantooine is far too remote..." is kind of the flagship line of the planet, I just didn't want it to sound like when we show up we don't have much of a presence, lol. But I'm sure we could all come up with a whole handful of various quotes we might want to use, provided people want to go with that idea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaylinDakaal wrote:
"Dantooine is far too remote..." is kind of the flagship line of the planet, I just didn't want it to sound like when we show up we don't have much of a presence, lol. But I'm sure we could all come up with a whole handful of various quotes we might want to use, provided people want to go with that idea.

Well, when have you ever seen more than 4 of us together at the same time Wink OK, it happens, but not often... I like the tounge in cheek ness of it.

If anyone has any graphics skills, feel free to run with any ideas, I won't get to anything until sometime after Comicon...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can run with many of these ideas...

I'll be working on several versions, trying to keep it on 2 and 3 color schemes.

I suppose I'll post here as they develop.

Also, I took the liberty of searching for any and all quotes I could through the various Star Wars media...

Princess Leia Organa: Dantooine. They're all on Dantooine.

Grand Moff Tarkin: Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry. We will deal with your rebel friends soon enough.

Imperial Officer: Our scout ships have reached Dantooine. They found the remains of a Rebel base, but they estimate that it has been deserted for some time. They are now conducting an extensive search of the surrounding systems.

Darth Malak: Yes. I cannot deny it any longer. You are the one who deserves... who deserves to be the Dark Lord. You were the one who found the first Star Map on Dantooine, Revan, and it was you who led us on our quest for the Star Forge.

Bastila Shan: "Even the Sith would think twice before attacking Dantooine. There are many Jedi here, including several of the most powerful masters of the order. There is great strength within this place."

Palpatine: "Master Windu still fights on Dantooine."

Lanius Qel-Bertuk: "Ah, yes, I understand that congratulations are in order, General Windu. You have been most successful to date with your facet of the war. Your work on Dantooine was exceptional, I hear."

Zhar Lestin: "The High Council of the Jedi Order is on Coruscant, but we are the Council in charge of the training facility here on Dantooine."

Dillan: "The only recent visitors we've had on Dantooine have been salvagers. And a slew of mercenaries. We get a lot of that here, too. Ever since the Enclave got slagged, seems half the people that visit are smugglers or worse."

Well, that's about all I could find for now. Most of them came from Knights of the Old Republic, which is easier to search quotes for. The books and comics may have more, but would take much more time to find. Anyhow, there's a pretty good selection for people to give their input on. My personal favorite is from Bastila Shan, saying "Even the Sith would think twice before attacking Dantooine."

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Darth Venomous (Jamie S)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oba-winn8403 wrote:
My personal favorite is from Bastila Shan, saying "Even the Sith would think twice before attacking Dantooine."

Very Happy

I hadn't played that game in so long, I had almost forgotten that Dantooine was in it. I like that quote for a shirt. I wouldn't want to change it, but would be open to the thought of changing Sith to Empire, either one is cool.
JaylinDakaal ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few from Dark Tide I: Onslaught from the New Jedi Order series.

Luke "Dantooine is a world teeming with life, so it's full of the Force."

Luke "We're going to where others will need us, and we can't be late. We're going to Dantooine."

Mara "At least we'll be away from Dantooine."

Luke "It's just we can't leave Dantooine yet."

Luke "I should have known better than to have you go to Dantooine."

Mara "They are here at Dantooine."

Mara "Anakin made it so I had no needs, and Dantooine- before the Yuuzhan Vong- had nothing more dangerous than big thorns to worry about."

Mara "Spending time with my husband is the best medicine on Dantooine."

Leia "We have to leave Dantooine."

Borsk Fey'lya "We have directed a unit commendation for the Dantooine and Dubrillion actions be added to the unit history."

A few random ones from the book, there are several more in there and descriptions. My personal favorites of this bunch is Luke stating that they're going to Dantooine, and Mara's assessment of the dangers of Dantooine.

I like Leia, Tarkin and Bastila from the last bunch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jale Darett (Dennis Bain)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm kind of torn between Bastill Shan's and Palpatine's
Palpatine: "Master Windu still fights on Dantooine."

Hey we bald guys gotta stick together! LOL Very Happy
JaylinDakaal ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do use quotes I think we should pick out 3 at the very least to use, but I'd say we could get 6 on without the font getting too small to read.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaylinDakaal wrote:
If we do use quotes I think we should pick out 3 at the very least to use, but I'd say we could get 6 on without the font getting too small to read.

I think keep it simple and have just one. That plus the logo and the words 'Rebel Legion -- Missouri/Kansas'...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Norhac (Norm Hackett)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I really like the Bastila Shan's quote.

Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order: Dantari Temple
Darksaber Jedi Knights Springfield, MO Fanforce, Chapter Representative "Darth_Mordus"
IG/IC-2094, Squad 66, 70th Explorers, 501st Legion
Truc Llifnats (Curt Stanfill)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping this simple goes well when it comes to marketing anything. You want something that people can recognize. A base shirt gives that option because it's very impressive when everyone shows up to an event in the same shirt. It adds a level of professionalism.

As far as a quote goes, I beleive we should stick to just one. And the more obscure the quotes get, the least likely they will have an impact on anyone at all. Smile
Rebel Legion
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truc Llifnats wrote:
Keeping this simple goes well when it comes to marketing anything. You want something that people can recognize. A base shirt gives that option because it's very impressive when everyone shows up to an event in the same shirt. It adds a level of professionalism.

As far as a quote goes, I beleive we should stick to just one. And the more obscure the quotes get, the least likely they will have an impact on anyone at all. Smile

I agree, and along those lines I think my favorite concept is this:

Front: Small RL logo w/ the words: Dantooine Base - Missouri/Kansas
Back: Dant. Base logo with one of the two tag line quotes:
Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration. ~ Grand Moff Tarkin
OR
Even the Sith would think twice before attacking Dantooine. ~ Bastila Shan

IMO, those are the only two I think really are 'good enough' on more than one criteria to be in the running (They both SOUND good, but the first is more recognizable, but is a bit snarky and negative, second is more positive but more obscure).

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bart on the quotes to be used, and the idea of a more simplistic approach is great.

I'll make up some variations on what has been discussed thus far, but don't let that stop anyone from making more suggestions. I am completely open when it comes to design. I just have all the proper digital tools at my disposal, and am more than willing to put them to good use for our base and the organization as a whole. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is just a first pass at the idea for the base shirt. I am completely open to any and all suggestions.

The images are downsized somewhat for the web, so if you can't see, there is credit given for the quote to Bastila Shan, Knights of the Old Republic.

I also need to reduce the number of colors on the Dantooine planet in the logo, but haven't finished one I like yet...so the original logo is in there for now.

I am still working on the Mid-US region shirt designs, but am focusing on our base shirt first, since many seem to be interested in it right now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: