About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=01dccc723e17ca8cefdfde325440d551Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base T-Shirt
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Base T-Shirt Reply with quote

Hey all; Sarah's been on me to see about getting a run of t-shirts together since noone in the legion seems to be doing any right now (everyone's so focused on patches and coins the last year). So anyway, wha if we try to do something for Dantooine Base along those lines? not just the base logo, because that's plain and wouldn't have much appeal outside of our base to get prices low. So are there any ideas for other designs? I can't do graphics for anything, but I always throw the tagline around for us here: Keeping Flyover Country Imperial Free. We could make it for midwest, central, mountain, etc. too?

Other ideas? Love it or hate it?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love it!!! i want a tshirt!!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I'm thinking as a graphic to that tagline, assuming it's a 'regional' thing too, with six bases I think should be included...

PLEASE excuse the roughness of this, I do not have access to the tools or source files to do this any better than this (can't get transparency by layer even), but the concept, rebuilt from scratch by someone with the tools and source and skills could use it as a template if it's OK... I will NOT be creating final graphics for this, someone else would have to do that job (I hate graphics!!!)

Any better ideas? Is this worth pushing to the other bases involved? LMK!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Venomous (Jamie S)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like it, but I would really like a Dantooine Base only shirt. Not really crazy about the slogan, but I guess it could work.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Venomous wrote:
I kinda like it, but I would really like a Dantooine Base only shirt. Not really crazy about the slogan, but I guess it could work.

I'm open to all good ideas (if you're gonna oppose, then you gotta propose Wink ), so propose away! I think that tagline works best for a larger region, but something for just us would be cool too... I think just a plain base logo is boring though, so lets stay away from that Very Happy

Darth Venomous (Jamie S)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
I'm open to all good ideas (if you're gonna oppose, then you gotta propose Wink ), so propose away! I think that tagline works best for a larger region, but something for just us would be cool too... I think just a plain base logo is boring though, so lets stay away from that Very Happy

Maybe something like (similar) how the 501st 10 anniversary shirt was. Have our base logo (or the RL logo) on the front pocket area and for the back, have the base logo kinda high up on the back and below have some illustrations of the different characters (costumes) of the RL (ie- Fleet Trooper, Pilot, Endor and Hoth Troopers, Jawa, Tuskens, etc.)
oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a good idea to push the "community" aspect of our organization. Although we want to be cooperative with the 501st, we also want to be set apart.

Gandalfbmg, I think you are on the right track. I might try a few versions myself, with variations on your basic theme of community.

And I'll try to keep it with an eye toward t-shirt printing as far as colors.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Darth Venomous (Jamie S)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with "community" but there shouldn't be anything wrong with wanting a shirt with just our base logo on it as well. Maybe there should be two shirts, then. One just ours, and then one for the region.
I just thought the design of the 501st 10th anniversary was a good start with having the characters types of our base on it. I don't want to copy it.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see pros and cons to both approaches, so lets try to untangle it this way:

I would like to show off the "Mo/Kan" pride with a shirt just for us, however, doing that is complicated by the fact that all RL merch is supposed to go through approvals and that kind of thing, and it's easier to get merch pushed through when it has a broader appeal (this also increases demand which drives down the price-per-item). This is why I suggested making it a 'more exciting' design and makeing the geographic scope bigger; to get a wider base of demand...

That being said, I don't see why we can't pursue BOTH... Give me some time to talk to our Merch. Officer to make sure we'd be OK to do a small run for just our base of just our base logo of some sort, but then also see about spearheading a more regional effort too, if there's demand (I'm hoping there is, since all we can seem to get these days merch-wise is patches and coins Very Happy )

Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious if there would be girls'-cut shirts? Regular t-shirts don't normally go small enough to fit me generally Wink

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia wrote:
Curious if there would be girls'-cut shirts? Regular t-shirts don't normally go small enough to fit me generally Wink

That depends on vendors and their pricing; I'm not an expert on all that, but when I've seen large, legion wide t-shirt runs we do have this flexibility... So I'd say for a larger run probably yes, for a smaller run, we'd have to see...

oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be curious if Rebel Legion has or is willing to get a cafepress account, cause that could widen their merchandising, graphics can be submitted, prices can be set and cafepress does the rest.

Although they would probably pay a slightly higher price per item instead of doing runs with individual companies on an interest basis.

Dantooine base could set up a cafepress just for us as well, as long as RL was ok with it.

Just throwing around ideas.

Gandaflbmg - Let me know if you want me to do some variations on the different ideas set forth in this thread. I would be more than happy to make several different versions until we reach one or two we really like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I heard back about some of my questions...

Ben, if you want to mock something up for the regional one I mentioned that we can take to the other bases, please feel free.

If anyone has experience (or a store) for CafePress, let me know Wink ...

And lastly, if anyone has oringal, high-quality version of the base logo, let me know as well...

JaylinDakaal ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see how well I can explain this image/idea that just popped into my head.

I've really been fond of the idea of having the symbol "cut" into the shape of Missouri and Kansas, so I propose this. The front of the shirt is the Dantooine Base logo, with the borders defined by that of our states, and on the back, have various quotes associated with the planet of Dantooine. Things from the movies, from the books, comics, video games, etc. Just kind of collect quotes that relate to the planet, but try to keep them positive and representational of the people here. For instance, we may want to avoid "Dantooine is far too remote to make an effective demonstration." but "They're on Dantooine" would sound... well it makes us sound like we're here.

Just a random idea I had and thought I would share.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaylinDakaal wrote:
Let's see how well I can explain this image/idea that just popped into my head.

I've really been fond of the idea of having the symbol "cut" into the shape of Missouri and Kansas, so I propose this. The front of the shirt is the Dantooine Base logo, with the borders defined by that of our states, and on the back, have various quotes associated with the planet of Dantooine. Things from the movies, from the books, comics, video games, etc. Just kind of collect quotes that relate to the planet, but try to keep them positive and representational of the people here. For instance, we may want to avoid "Dantooine is far too remote to make an effective demonstration." but "They're on Dantooine" would sound... well it makes us sound like we're here.

Just a random idea I had and thought I would share.

I actually think "Dantooine is far too remote to make an effective demonstration." is PERFECT for anything we do... I think that was the other 'tag line' I've been trying to remember.

If you can't tell, I love to play up our 'back woods' status. I know it doesn't feel that way to us, but remember to the big population center of this country we're the middle of nowhere, and I find wearing that as an ironic badge of honor to be quite fun... But that's just me Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: