About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e4b4a5d4f7152cf9af9ddb0409be334eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

COMIC-CON 2009: July 23 - 26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had a plan Matt and it worked. Last week I booked regular back ups too, but not for the bargain you found! I think I was worried if Docrichsgirl and docrich would be happy with Holiday Inn so I went with Crown Plaza on Hotel Circle too for 199 a night.

Thank goodness the force was with Joan and she got the Marriott next door! I've never been there before, that's a dream come true!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're staying with them at the Marriott then? I'd keep your Crown Plaza reservation for anyone who might need it. Last year, I kept my reservation at Hotel Circle until I found one downtown a week before, and gave my old reservation to other members.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't gotten tickets or a room yet because we just don't have the Cash. Right now it looks like just a small weekend trip for us and staying at Scott's Grandpas up in OC.

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." - Padme Episode II

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

"Oh Master, I can tell you she's going to be impossible to reprogram." - PROXY
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeslyn wrote:
We haven't gotten tickets or a room yet because we just don't have the Cash. Right now it looks like just a small weekend trip for us and staying at Scott's Grandpas up in OC.

Jessica, the day passes for the weekend, Saturday in particular, sell out very fast. So the longer you wait, the higher the chance it will be sold out and you can't attend even if you plan to drive from OC each morning. So as soon as you are liquid enough, I'd at least get the Saturday pass because those sell out first. If need be, you could wait a little longer maybe to get the Sunday pass if you wanted to be there Sunday too.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
So you're staying with them at the Marriott then? I'd keep your Crown Plaza reservation for anyone who might need it. Last year, I kept my reservation at Hotel Circle until I found one downtown a week before, and gave my old reservation to other members.

Yeah, I'll hang onto the Crown Plaza and such for a while but will need to get rid of all my spare hotels in late June or early July to make sure I don't get charged.

Good news, the Travel Planners honored my call in and I actually got a hotel confirmation via e-mail this afternoon for the new Hilton hotel next to the con. But since we already have the Marriott through Joan, I'm transferring the hotel to a friend who was not lucky enough to get a hotel through housing this morning.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday passes are now SOLD OUT!

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:

What did I tell ya - those would sell out next Sad

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, actually starting to get bummed now.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
JedHead wrote:

What did I tell ya - those would sell out next Sad

One of our members in GGG got his hotel, but forgot about the tickets. Knowing the 4-days were sold out, he went to buy individual day passes and posted this:

Saturday was already sold out when I bought them, but as I was getting all my other tickets Saturday showed up as available - so I grabbed it!!

So, if you're trying to get day passes and it says sold out - keep trying!

Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who is flying out of San Jose/south bay, Southwest currently has flights for just $49 each way. Yay! I see flights at that price for SFO or OAK, but not as often for SJC. I've nabbed my flight - I'll be heading out Wed at 10:10am and arriving in San Diego at 11:30. If anyone else is arriving at the same time, maybe we could schedule and share a shuttle ride. I joined a friend on one of them last year and it was a bit cheaper than taxi. (You don't need to have a minimum number to schedule a pickup with the shuttle, but it's more fun to ride together. Smile)
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got our tix for that price too, Alison. Dale and I will be arriving in SD at 9:50 am.

Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunAmuk wrote:
Wow, actually starting to get bummed now.

Don't be bummed Scott, as I've been told by friends that Comic-Con is dominated by anime and TV.

Still, I've been told that it is a fun, but a crazy Con. That being said, I think I'd rather save my money for CELEBRATION 5 next year, where the main attraction will be STAR WARS. Mr. Green
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:

Don't be bummed Scott, as I've been told by friends that Comic-Con is dominated by anime and TV.

I wouldn't say "dominated, but more like "grown and more visible". But when it comes down to it, the majority of the vendors and panels deal with, what else? Comic books!

Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Master Mina wrote:

I wouldn't say "dominated, but more like "grown and more visible". But when it comes down to it, the majority of the vendors and panels deal with, what else? Comic books!

I still say domination of ANIME and comics (lol). Hey, that's what Comic-Con is all about...with some Star Wars thrown into the mix. Wink

Why go to Comic-Con when I can get the same thing on a smaller scale at WonderCon, which is right in my backyard. Gots to love that. Mr. Green

I've already started a money jar for CELEBRATION 5...or BUST. rock Thumbs up
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:

Why go to Comic-Con when I can get the same thing on a smaller scale at WonderCon, which is right in my backyard. Gots to love that. Mr. Green

I go to Comic-Con for the opposite reason - it has what WonderCon has...but on a BIGGER scale! Laughing

Seriously, I think that everyone should go to Comic-Con at least once just to say that you've survived it! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: