Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7e6516e656a86790cc68ad1caa6ccf02Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Koyi Komad Costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunderchld ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Koyi Komad Costume Reply with quote

Hello! I've been a lurker for a while, and this year for Dragon*Con, I want to become Koyi Komad.

Long story short...this is the only picture I could find. I've already been in contact with Pam about her Lekku.

I have a few more questions.
1. Along with Pam's suggestion, I've decided due to the length of her lekku, I will be going with cloth. Has anyone ever tried doing a thicker/heaver fabric (say pleather/leather) and then put latex over them?

2. I've gone to our personal Star Wars library, as well as the comic book shop, looking for another picture. I cannot find one. I was looking for a full length so I could see the length of the skirt, the boots, and the cape. Does anyone know where I could find another picture or any suggestions on the missing pieces.

Anything else anyone is willing to help with would be awesome. Like I said, I've been a lurker for a while and am just awed by your guy's costumes! They are magnificent!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SigmaRue (Stephanie Gutowski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!

You're going to want to find the Rogue Squadron Omnibus. I know she appears in the first volume and has panels in the other two as well. That's the best source I can think of for Koyi.

She has a jumpsuit in the squadron, but I think the skirt you're talking about is floor-length.
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Very Happy

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
Sparkus ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug up some more from the sea of the Internets...

Thats about all there is without buying the comics.

Good luck!
thunderchld ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Thank you so much! I don't mind buying the comics, I was just not lucky enough to find the right ones.

I'm going to go out this weekend and get volume one of Rogue Squadron Omnibus.

One final question, this isn't a very good picture for this, but any suggestions on what type of gun (the large one she is holding behind her back) this is:

I thought it might have been the Mg-34 or the Dlt-19, but I'm second guessing now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not certain, but I'm pretty sure that pic isn't from the comic... the style looks off to me. Confused So you might not find any other ref pics for that particular costume... maybe better if you chose another outfit?

Okay, I'll go check my onmibus... *go to check*

Hmm, I see a little bit different costume in the phantom affair... you might want to chceck that out when you get the omnibus. I think you would like it, though as many things does in comics it is not completely the same in each frame.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora, this picture is canon (it's from a X-Wing sourcebook). I also think that there are enough references for Koyi. She's a leading character in the Phantom Affair TPB and got some pictures in The Empire's service too.

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
WanderingRaccoon (Casey)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I realize this thread is a little old, and maybe you've already found the answers you were looking for, but since I actually just got a hold of these comics, I thought I might throw my two cents worth in.

The pic you've got is from "Star Wars Handbook Vol 1 - X-wing Rogue Squadron." I'm not sure why she's drawn like that in the handbook; Koyi doesn't look like that in the stories she actually appears in. (she never has a bare midriff) Also, I don't know what the huge thing is she's holding across her shoulders, but I doubt it's actually a gun. Koyi is a student and a mechanic, not a commando. The only gun she ever wields is the small pistol you see strapped to her hip in that picture. My guess is it's probably a part of a ship or a tool for working on ships.

Anyway, you may have already found these comics, but here's some pics of her. Unfortunately there aren't any good full-body shots. Just to point out, notice how her lekku aren't like the "normal" lekku that you see the females with in the movies. Instead, hers are shaped more like Bib Fortuna's were.

These are from her first appearance in "The Phantom Affair" in which she meets the Rogues when they stop in at a bar she waitresses, and then she offers to show them around town. Sorry, but the shot from the back is the only full-body shot of her in this outfit.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8255/koyi1.png

After that adventure, she shows up again a few story-arcs later as a mechanic for the Rogues. In this role she only ever appears wearing standard technician utilitarian clothing. (although this clothing did change depending on who the artist drawing the issue was)

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5779/koyi2.png
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6203/koyi3.png
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't say it wasn't canon, just that it wasn't the one you see in the comics.

Personally I think I like the one from the Phantom Affair better, but that's just a personal preference.
It will be a tough one to make regarless of which version she ends up with.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay. Then I just missunderstand you.

Well, her sourcebook image is, in fact, mor Twi'lek-ish but I don't like it really. The Star Wars Legacy comics or most of the Republic and Prequel comics are like "Whenever we show a woman - or a thing with breasts - we show a model-like creature with giant hooter, small hips, mile-long legs and curly hair."
Its not that I didn't like it as a man, but I always enjoyed the X-Wing comics to be not alike this. But its just one picture of her, so I'm okay with it and ... uhm, stop spaming around the thread. ^^

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
thunderchld ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little late coming back with my reply, but I wanted to say thank you. I was able to get a hard copy of the X-Wing comics and I've been drawing up a costume. I was hoping to get to do it for this year's Dragon*Con (2010) but I've decided to wait another year...again.

This time, I'm waiting because Pam is being so gracious to make some lekku. (yay!!) I don't think I will get them in time for this year, but that's okay, more time for the perfect costume is okay with me.

This year, though, I am planning on Visas Marr, and I hope to submit it for membership in a couple of weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: