Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c4fb12b7b0089c4d56eec060bc62b8a4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Force F/X Sabers - Dooku, Obi TPM, Ventress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redford Films and Brianstoys have them in stock now. I think RAzor's Edge has them too already.
Ronin Faust (Dean Gill)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they sure are. I just got mine from Redfordfilms.com via ups today.
the dooku is all metal, and big
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the pre-order from Star Wars Shop and received it yesterday. I know people mentioned they were postponed, but I had never received word about it being so and the weekend of the 18th, which is the ship date from when I pre-orded, I was told it shipped...so I'm not sure why people were saying it was delayed.
I'll see if I can get pics before the weekend closes, but yes, it is all plastic.
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my OWK saber yesterday. It's great! Just what I have been waiting for for three years!!!

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base
KJO/Nexus Temple
Docking Bay 94/Mountain Mist Hangar Bay
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine both today myself. All I can say is wow. The Obi-Wan Episode one looks more real then any other made earlyer. The hilt along is not bulkie and very thin. it is made of crome and other matterials.

The Dooku is another great version. I mean its all crome and very unique the curve hilt is very unique. I will say this much if the next ones will e anything like this I think Hasbro has hit a homerun. So for now its to give the Orion Knight-Star Seal of approval.

Obi Wan TPM Hasbro FX: Realism 10 Hilt 10 Style 10 Sound 10 Thefore this gets an almsot perfect 40 out of 40.

Dooku Realism Hilt 10 Style 10 Sound 10 A perfct score 40

Way to go Hasbro I did not think you could do it but you did.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how you can give the Dooku a 10 out of 10 rating for realism, when it's clearly so over sized, but you're entitled to your opinion.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering they got it the way they did without it looking like the Anakin AOTC hilt, which was HUGE (hopefully, they'll redo that one), I'd say they did a pretty good job.

It'd ne nice if they did a "generic" saber, much like Aayla Secura's, Barriss Offee's etc.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so confused, the Kenobi's TPM is metal or plastic, here everyone is telling a different story, what's up with this??? Shocked

Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the hilt is a little bulkie however its so cool to see it. Now which will be next I am hoping Qui Gon; however I think it will be Ashoka so the girls will have a light saber.

However, I can safely say I may have one of the biggest collections of Light sabers.

14 of the 15 Master Replica Sabers (Missing only the AOTC Mace Windu)

3 Ultra Sabers

2 Of the 6? of the FX Hasbro Sabers if you want to count the recase MR that is.

However 2 0f the 2 that was made by Hasbro and was not originally MR Sabers.

Plus one extra build your own Kits from MR

I also have 15 of those fold up types by Hasbro made.

and 1 up in my closet ROTJ Luke from 1983 by Kenner
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the redone Obi-Wan ROTS that hasbro did had more plastic then the metal one MR did so my guess is it has metal and plastic like most of them, depends on the paint or chrome I suppose
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard the obi TPM is a lightweight -- molded plastic with chrome electroplate(?) Crying or Very sad
but the dooku is mostly metal (one of the heaviest FX's) Cool
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they are popping up on e-bay and other places now so must be ok to get them
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to believe it's some sort of treated plastic. It does have a really good gloss on it, but it's so light weight that I just have a hard time believing that it's metal.
But, I'm still thrilled to be trooping as Obi-wan from episode I with the right saber that lights up. My static hilt, although amazing, isn't exactly as flashy as the Force FX sabers.
I did compare the two this weekend, my static hilt was touted as being the most accurate recreation to date, the Force FX is bigger, surprised huh?
but has most of the details down. Other than being blade heavy, this is a wonderful piece. I'm considering trying to add weights to the pommel since it's basically hallow plastic.
Ronin Faust (Dean Gill)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its probably chromed aluminum, which would make it pretty light. none of the sabersmiths who have been converting, and reviewing them has said anything about them being plastic. if they were these guys would be the first to say so.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
I know the redone Obi-Wan ROTS that hasbro did had more plastic then the metal one MR did so my guess is it has metal and plastic like most of them, depends on the paint or chrome I suppose

Actually the people who said that were idiots. The Hasbro ROTS has no more plastic than any saber. It was just made with thinner walls reducing weight; I believe using more aluminum. In fact the brass neck is an actual brass collar instead of cheesy chromed metal like the MR version.

So I would guess the TPM is similar: all metal but made to be lighter.

I think the TPM looks great. I'm probably going to sell my converted Parks and just get one of those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: