Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=909c55e273b72c26c4068a95506224a6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Obi-Wan ROTS Boots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My size 11s are definitely too big. I'll be sending them back, unless someone else wants to buy them off me. Agreed it doesn't look like these will be easy to alter. For my purposes, the variation in the leather color doesn't bother me, it's like they're pre-weathered. Wink

If my size 9s don't reasonably well, however, I'll definitely be returning them all and going back to haunting eBay for a decent used pair of tall brown leather boots...
DougD ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
My size 11s are definitely too big. I'll be sending them back, unless someone else wants to buy them off me. Agreed it doesn't look like these will be easy to alter. For my purposes, the variation in the leather color doesn't bother me, it's like they're pre-weathered. Wink

If my size 9s don't reasonably well, however, I'll definitely be returning them all and going back to haunting eBay for a decent used pair of tall brown leather boots...

Kman what size do you normally wear? I normally wear a 10.5 and Im considering ordering the size 9's.
Let me know how they fit you.
JOSEE EROKI ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougD wrote:
kman wrote:

Kman what size do you normally wear? I normally wear a 10.5 and Im considering ordering the size 9's.

I comfortably wear 10.5 and the 9s were on point had even a little nice of wiggle room

I know jdos does nice boots but Im thinking of hitting up my guys in the Ph to craft me some boots, they have done 4 pairs of boots for me and all are excellent and fitted to the individual.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougD wrote:
kman wrote:

I'm normally a 10. As soon as the 9s arrive, I'll report back.
DougD ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOSEE EROKI wrote:
DougD wrote:
kman wrote:

I comfortably wear 10.5 and the 9s were on point had even a little nice of wiggle room

I know jdos does nice boots but Im thinking of hitting up my guys in the Ph to craft me some boots, they have done 4 pairs of boots for me and all are excellent and fitted to the individual.

Good to know.

Who are the guys in the Ph?
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOSEE EROKI wrote:
DougD wrote:
kman wrote:

My boots arrived, and the size 9 seems to fit me quite well. I'm at the office so only wearing thin dress socks, but I definitely have room for thicker sock no prob. I don't know how much room I'd have for thicker socks if my feet were a half size larger, though.

I'll actually bring these home and see how they work with the rest of my WIP generic jedi. Smile
Psab Keel ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are in the $350.00 range, but if you add some spats and an ankle strap, you'd have some high end Obi-wan Boots.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BASIC-Embossy-Handmade-Men-s-Tall-Riding-Leather-Boots-Burgundy-Calf-M-XL-/112069078170?var=&hash=item1a17d66c9a:m:mhWYDgKEj7fk6B0Yv0ifNnw
DougD ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psab Keel wrote:
These are in the $350.00 range, but if you add some spats and an ankle strap, you'd have some high end Obi-wan Boots.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BASIC-Embossy-Handmade-Men-s-Tall-Riding-Leather-Boots-Burgundy-Calf-M-XL-/112069078170?var=&hash=item1a17d66c9a:m:mhWYDgKEj7fk6B0Yv0ifNnw

Those are the perfect color! I wonder if one of my local cobblers would have a hard time matching the color to add spats and strap. Hmmm.
jedi_keith ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok my MR boots arrived so glad I ordered the 11s I typically wear a 12.5/13 and these fit great. Now after the recent reviews I had low expectations for these but honestly they're not too bad. Yes the color isn't the same as obi-wan and if I would have paid full price... yeah I'd send them back. My main concern like others have mentioned is the oversized ankle and I'm sure we can figure something out to help even the slightest. The plus side is you have the spat to cover up any "modifications".
DougD ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found this company (Mux Leather and Boots) who said they will custom alter their polo boots to Obi Wan boots for £250 or $330 (thats the boots and the custom work altogether).
Link: https://www.facebook.com/CustomMadeLeatherGarments/

Vesp ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DougD"]I also found this company (Mux Leather and Boots) who said they will custom alter their polo boots to Obi Wan boots for £250 or $330 (thats the boots and the custom work altogether).
That zipper is in front, so it doesn't seem to meet the standard... no laceup, no outside zipper. Inside calf only.
Vesp ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are made in Texas, I think. Good looking motorcycle boot. Think these pass standard?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAMMZ-RAVEN-Mens-Man-Motorcycle-Highway-Police-Patrol-Leather-Tall-Boots-/351765598636?var=&hash=item51e6dd11ac:m:mwLKSvczRov8swwDydqBlpQ
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vesp, I think perhaps you missed the part where Doug said the company was going to customize the boots to be like the Obi-Wan boots, so that zipper would be hidden. As long as it's totally concealed behind a spat panel, I can't see why that would be a problem.

Shame about the exchange rate... if those could be done for $250, I'd probably jump on it! Those are nice looking boots.
DougD ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vesp wrote:
DougD wrote:
I also found this company (Mux Leather and Boots) who said they will custom alter their polo boots to Obi Wan boots for £250 or $330 (thats the boots and the custom work altogether).

That zipper is in front, so it doesn't seem to meet the standard... no laceup, no outside zipper. Inside calf only.

These would be for Obi Wan. So would have a front spat concealing the zipper, same as the front spat on the MR boots conceals the lacing system they use.

Vesp wrote:
These are made in Texas, I think. Good looking motorcycle boot. Think these pass standard?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAMMZ-RAVEN-Mens-Man-Motorcycle-Highway-Police-Patrol-Leather-Tall-Boots-/351765598636?var=&hash=item51e6dd11ac:m:mwLKSvczRov8swwDydqBlpQ

Those would work fine for a generic jedi, but for an Obi Wan costume (this is the Obi forum we are discussing this in) they would need to be modified. Adding the front spat and ankle strap and removing the buckles.
Vesp ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vesp wrote:

Cancel that, The FAMMZ-RAVEN boots are apparently complete poodoo. Really bad reviews on Amazon. Poor quality, Pakistani manufacture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: