About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fa2c15dfe506e6bec4df2a90c5977e70Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Obi-Wan ROTS Boots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anduril ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow he has a nice Tusken there Smile

I don't have a problem at all about these boots and they are the most accurate I've been able to find. I wore them out for the first time a few weeks ago at a con for 2 full days and they are some of the most confortable things I've ever put on my feet. Very Happy

Check out my Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/needleandblade
miqt (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just emailed Daniel this evening. Illl post my progress in aquiring my Obi-ish boots. Is it bad form in the costume community to mate obi boots with a generic OR jedi costume? Ive asked Daniel about changing the color to a med-dark brown.....maybe I should have asked him if the strap configuration could be changed a bit? (Ep 2 boots).
Mike
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's fine. I know people in the Jedi Assembly often utilize items from face characters for a generic setup. Or will simply change the color/textile of the item.
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is fine to do. We do not have anything in our Jedi standards that says you can not use a face characters boots /w a generic Jedi costume. And IMO such a thing would be asking too much.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also sent an e-mail to daniel about a project. Haven't heard anything back as of yet. But that was only yesterday morning.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
miqt (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polo boots or any riding boots are very uncomfortable to walk around in for long periods of time.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those books look cool. But they do look like they would be rather stiff and hard to walk around in.

What do you mean by "bits of greenish brown", though?

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about these:

We used these pix as main reference:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/29/Ep3Jedi.jpg

One Finnish master shoemaker made those for me. He took about 10-15 different measures from each of my leg and even footprints Shocked
Those fits like a glove. I even don´t feel that I´m wearing those. Those are light (750g each) and comfortable. And my feets doesn´t hurt after troopings.
Those weren´t cheap, 500 euros. He said that he gave those in cheap price for me. But those are worth of every penny! At least I´m satisfied.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look quite nice.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those do look pretty nice, that is spendy but it sounds like they were well worth it.
I finally won a pair of boots on the bay of e...so after I get them in, we'll see if they'll work. Here's to hoping.
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the single most important part of your costume are the boots. Especially if you do many / long troops. If so you really should think about saving for a pair of good quality boots. Trust me, as someone with a major foot ailment the difference between el-cheapo boots & good quality custom boots, is like night and day.

Last edited by Aurabesh on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TI-9827 (Tapio Komulainen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh wrote:
IMO the single most important part of your costume are the boots. Especially if you do many / long troops. If so you really should think about saving for a pair up good quality boots. Trust me, as someone with a major foot ailment the difference between el-cheapo boots & good quality custom boots, is like night and day.

Ditto! You`ve got boots from my mouth Mr. Green
miqt (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gang -I just officially ordered my jedi boots from Daniel in Lima.
They will be the Obi Ep I/II pattern but the color may be different. It should take 3 weeks(ish) and another 2-3 weeks for shipping, so Ill share
some pics on this thread in about 6 weeks.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my boots from Daniel, well, they were delivered on Saturday 5/30/09, but I didn't get to the post office until today.
First impressions of the boots are: Surprised Surprised Surprised WOW!!!!! Amazing!
I picked up the Episode I/II version for my outfit.
I would say incredible customer service, I can't really judge on the time of service. I can say I placed my order on 4/23/09 and received them on 5/30/09, however I told him that I was not in a hurry, so I cannot and do not fault him for taking longer than 3 weeks for delivery. I still have not yet finished my outfit, which will hopefully be done within a week so...pretty dang good timing, heh.
I love the color! He gave me choices of color, but I told him that I am dumb when it comes to color so I would trust him to make them in the color that closest resembles episode I in his opinion. I definitely could not have picked a better color!
I love the way they fit, I will try to get pictures tomorrow night. All I can say is, worth it! granted, I wish they were cheaper, but doesn't everyone about pretty much everything?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: