About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2f102d714d07c2ed956b64801b1452b0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Looking for ....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhxEris ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Looking for .... Reply with quote

Okay I understand that in order to be considered for membership in the Rebel Legion one has to have a formal costume first! Since my character is a Corellian.

I need a screen capture of the final scene on Yavin after Han, Luke and Chewie have recieved their medals (It shows Han in formal attire). This way I can create the costume for myself! If anyone has a shot of this I would greatly appreciate it!!!

In Service

Eris
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome.

Google is your friend, as well as the movies themselves.

im pretty sure he's wearing the same outfit the whole movie. at the end i think its just buttoned closed is all.
Sand Dancer (Brenda Cranson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here:

This is from the wookieepedia article on Han.

"You smell like dead bunnies." -Ralph Wiggum
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: I am looking for... Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Sand Dancer sent me the perfect picture and I was kind of fuzzy on the final scene. Do you think I could get away with an UnderArmor top for Han's shirt?
Did women get the chance to earn the right to wear the blood stripe or was that merely a guy thing? I am not certain on that point. Any suggestions???

In Service

Eris
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you’re looking at doing that costume, you’ll have to be sure the shirt has a v-neck placket and short mandarin collar.

Here are the full requirements for Han Solo (Episode IV: A New Hope)

Required Items:
1. Black vest with 4 channels/loops, as well as 1 big back pocket and 4 front pockets
2. Ivory or cream color shirt with placket v-neck and short collar (mandarin)
3. Dark blue, pocket-less pants with red Corellian blood stripes
4. Tall, black boots (Leather, Leather-like, NO rubber boots)
5. Accurate leather belt/holster with tools and droid caller

Formal Requirements:
1. DL-44 blaster (A New Hope version), unless local laws prohibit or strongly discourage carrying anything that looks like a firearm.
2. Pants should be made from navy blue cotton Twill w/ the back riding seam and pin tuck down the front on both pant legs: Riding Seam , Pin Tuck
3. Blood stripes should be sewn (By hand or by machine… no bias tape) Est. size. 3/8” x1-1/4” with about 1/8” spacing between stripes.
4. Front moon pocket on vest must have smaller pocket as well. Moon Pocket
5. Jacket should also be made from black cotton will fabric.
6. Accurate leather belt/holster/buckles with correct tools and correct droid caller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Looking for.. Reply with quote

Lest this sound like a stupid question... What's a "Back riding seam"? Keep in mind I don't sew period! so all this is totally foreign to me!
Again I am still questioning whether female Correllians were allowed to wear the blood stripe. What is the significance of it? Didnt really get into the whole Han Solo Myth until just recently!
Thanx

Eris

BTW What was the name (Jedi & real) name of the guy who was doing the Lightsaber show as "Jedi Spike of ..." ? Didnt catch the rest of the character's name due to my niece squealing in my ear. Laughing
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike was played by our own Josh. AKA Blazshtaliar.

I was Jedi Master Silas Task, master to Isa who was played by Nicole. AKA Vega Wolf.

Here's some of the show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5psKtJZN1Bk
Blazshtaliar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for.. Reply with quote

PhxEris wrote:

BTW What was the name (Jedi & real) name of the guy who was doing the Lightsaber show as "Jedi Spike of ..." ? Didnt catch the rest of the character's name due to my niece squealing in my ear. Laughing

Yup that was me! My name is Josh. The name for my jedi that i usually use is Blaz-Shtaliar (same as my username). But for this little show i decided to change it to "Spike"...or Spike-iahar" (spikey hair) just because i wanted the character to feel like a punky rebellious teenager. Since he was a padawan, and just really wanted to show off his lightsaber skills. Cool

There is no emotion, there is only Peace.

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your improv, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman. -Joel
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for.. Reply with quote

PhxEris wrote:
What's a "Back riding seam"?

A riding seam is one that is used on riding pants. The seam is more to the outside (or center) of your leg, rather than the inside.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for.. Reply with quote

Blazshtaliar wrote:
PhxEris wrote:

Yup that was me! My name is Josh. The name for my jedi that i usually use is Blaz-Shtaliar (same as my username). But for this little show i decided to change it to "Spike"...or Spike-iahar" (spikey hair) just because i wanted the character to feel like a punky rebellious teenager. Since he was a padawan, and just really wanted to show off his lightsaber skills. Cool

Josh : You dont understand how long after the show it took me to get my hearing back!!! My niece every time you moved she squealed!!! Rolling Eyes Followed by grabbing my arm and telling me how cute you are!!! I think you have a fan! But she is 10 even though she is as tall as I am. She was the one with the white hair! Next time she's back in town I'll let you know so you can steer clear Laughing ! Although to a certain degree I gotta admit she does have good taste! Embarassed You won't remember that last statement! mindtrick Laughing
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Looking for... Reply with quote

Okay so if I wanted to do say Winter from the expanded universe -what would be the costuming standard for that?
Has anybody seen a picture of her in color (Comic book etc)? Very Happy
Just wondering

Eris
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a start of some basic images of hers...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Winter
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Looking for... Reply with quote

My thanks Lord Parsec! I did find a couple of images of her on Wookiepedia. But I am still wondering what you would consider a standard for her costume? Of course that would mean a white wig! Anything else?

Thanx again

Eris
Sand Dancer (Brenda Cranson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Winter, you need to pick an established costume that she wears.

It has to be seen in 3 or more sources.

My mother, WinterOne on the boards, has done Winter in her Pilot Dress Uniform. The uniform is well established and Winter is shown wearing it in the comic "Mandatory Retirement".

Winter also wears an X-Wing Flight suit.

Beyond that, you'd have to do some research.

She wears an outfit with a long brown coat in several sources.
She also wears a sleeveless purple dress in at least 2.

You would need to find pictures or text from 3 different sources to submit her purple dress, her brown coat outfit or any other Winter costume you wanted to submit.

If you are looking for characters with white hair, you can also check out "Handmaiden" from KOTOR II, Jocasta Nu, Kreia from KOTOR II, A Ferroan Female, or Tionne.

And, yes, female Corellians can wear Bloodstripes. They are very hard to get and very rare on Corellia. If you do them, you probably want to do the gold ones. The red ones are generally only given posthumously. Han is one of the few people in the history of Corellia to receive the red ones while living. Corellians can be shot on sight for wearing either Bloodstripe if they haven't earned it.

"You smell like dead bunnies." -Ralph Wiggum
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Looking for.. Reply with quote

Wow Thanks ! Thats a lot of information in one shot! I'll see what I can do. It entirely depends on my finances as to which costume I do! Thanx for your input!

Eris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: