Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=26fb71b6266a70bba1df0a025356c0c9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Need help starting...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sha-Nu Nurub ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Need help starting... Reply with quote

I met you guys last weekend and I love all the costumes. I want to join you guys, but I just don't know where to start. From what you guys told me, a generic jedi is one of the easiest to start off with. But I'm a bit lost. Is the a website or something where I can see some jedi costumes to help me make a decision.
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Need help starting... Reply with quote

Sha-Nu Nurub wrote:
I met you guys last weekend and I love all the costumes. I want to join you guys, but I just don't know where to start. From what you guys told me, a generic jedi is one of the easiest to start off with. But I'm a bit lost. Is the a website or something where I can see some jedi costumes to help me make a decision.

Welcome Sha!

The RL website is a great resource on what will be required for you. I'd recommend first going to http://www.rebellegion.com/members.php and looking at all the New and Old Republic Jedi that have been approved. That could give you some ideas on colors and combinations with boots/belts/etc.

Next I'd take a look at the specific costume standards:
http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8883
http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8882
Those links are for New and Old Republic Jedi...scroll down until you see that. There you will see two listings on each: one that says required items and one that says formal requirements. Required items are the things you MUST have for your costume to be accepted into the RL as an approved member. The formal requirements are the things you must have for your costume to be accepted in the formal/canon category. You can still wear your costume at events if it is not in the formal category, but if there is an official Lucasfilm event or something similar it must be formal. Generally its just a few extra little items so I say go for formal when you can.

Of course feel free to ask questions here! Post up pictures! We have lots of Jedi and I'm sure everyone would be willing to help.

Brenda will be getting a Jedi costume workshop going here in the next few months so keep your eye out for that as well!!

Sha-Nu Nurub ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that and I will be watching for that workshop
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that your first RL costume has to be formal! Then you can add informal ones later if you want.
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Zen and Granny beat me to explaining anything but that makes my job easier. I just say welcome. Very Happy
Sha-Nu Nurub ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. You are all so friendly. I think I have decided on where to start with my generic jedi. Does anyone know of a good place for fabric?
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAS Fabrics at 1700 E Apache Blvd in Tempe is a favorite around here.... it's an outlet type store... wow, do they have trims and buttons and things, too... They have another store at 1111 E Indian School Rd in Phoenix, too.

Otherwise, Joann's is about it since Hancock went out of business... if yu saw the costume on the dummy at the Con, that was Linen/Rayon blend from Joann's...
DroidWelder ()

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny-Wan wrote:
SAS Fabrics at 1700 E Apache Blvd in Tempe is a favorite around here.... it's an outlet type store... wow, do they have trims and buttons and things, too... They have another store at 1111 E Indian School Rd in Phoenix, too

There is also an SAS on 19th avenue just north of Mountain View Rd (a few blocks south of Peoria)
You can get sewing supplies pretty cheap there so if you are close by one, you really should check it out.

David L.
Mnlymn (Mike Little)
Mos Eisley Base CO
Mos Eisley Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DroidWelder wrote:
Granny-Wan wrote:
SAS Fabrics at 1700 E Apache Blvd in Tempe is a favorite around here.... it's an outlet type store... wow, do they have trims and buttons and things, too... They have another store at 1111 E Indian School Rd in Phoenix, too

There is also an SAS on 19th avenue just north of Mountain View Rd (a few blocks south of Peoria)
You can get sewing supplies pretty cheap there so if you are close by one, you really should check it out.

David L.

Yeah, the 19th Ave store is the one I use the most.
RL Trading Card: Series 1, Number 44
RL Trading Card: Series 3, Number 137

"I feel the need...the need for Rebellion!"
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid "Dex" didn't mention that one. I only know about the one on Apache. LOL
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya SAS is a good place but I warn you, you must have patience Jedi! Fabric everywhere! On shelves! In barrels! If you are looking for something specific take your time and go through everything! Thats where I finally found my fabric (er I should say Josh did) for my Barriss top.

You can easily become overwhelmed in that place!!

Sha-Nu Nurub ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys. I can't wait to start.
Sha-Nu Nurub ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...another question. Where can I find patterns to start the Tunic? A lot of info online says that a lot of the patterns have been discontinued.
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you can use a karate gi, and modify the shoulders to give it the proper look. than make a obi (the sash around the middle) and add two long pieces over the shoulders (tabbards) and slap on a jedi belt, and a saber and BAM!

you're a jedi, whaddya know!
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife Brenda actually has the Simplicity pattern for the Jedi tunic, dickie, tabards, and obi. You are more than welcome to set up a time to with her to come over and cut the pieces you need.

On the boards she is known as Sand Dancer.

I also make a vinyl version of the old republic Jedi belt. It's kind of the poor-man's version of the belt if you can't afford leather. But several of them have been used on approved costumes. With supplies and labor, I only charge $20.00 for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: