About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=222d67507ec01e3461fbc06655ce49bdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Design- New Logo
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Design- New Logo Reply with quote

Fellow Terrapins-

We have a new Base Logo that I've submitte to LC. It has been approved but I'd like feedback from those that had not seen it at the last Terrapin event. Joel, one of our merchandising officers has suggested curving the script at the bottom so the logo will fit better in a circular patch or other merchandise. I'm going to have my friend do that and I'll alter the pic once he completes it. If anyone has other suggestions feel free to toss them out.

New version:

Last edited by Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett) on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a pest or anything, but there was never an open public design thread for this.

IMO if you are going to make a new logo; then you should at least involve the WHOLE base in that process. Doing it behind the scenes is not very cool. Maybe one of us had a different idea; that now can not be proposed.

Any design idea like this; really needs to be brought before the WHOLE base for discussion.
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! Plus I remember seeing pics of this being passed around at the Toys for Tots event in Dec.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Last edited by Amalphiea () on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had discussed this quite sometime ago in this thread:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9336

And it seemed that the only real hang-up was size and the font not being correct. I finally (or I should say my friend that designed all of this for us...free of charge I want to add because he does this professionally) had time to revamp it to fix those concerns. The old logo, which I do like always came out badly when I showed them to vedors for patches and the like. The turtle shell lost definition and just ended up being a brownish background. I hoped that this new logo would come out better for merchandise since Terrapin has had next to nothing in terms of swag due to the lack of a workable logo.
Granted the original thread was a long while ago but I had hoped this final version of the logo (which most folks seemed to like in the original thread) would fix all problems originally posted.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see several different designs in that other thread Craig. All of them should have been brought up for a base wide vote.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for not posting more on the final logo idea. I did show it to many of our members at the last Terrapin event- the Toys for Tots Drive and everyone there seemed to be for the new logo. Most of the base was in attendance there and I took that to be a majority for the new logo. I did not wish to keep anyone out of the loop and doing so was unintentional.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atragian Kace wrote:
I apologize for not posting more on the final logo idea. I did show it to many of our members at the last Terrapin event- the Toys for Tots Drive and everyone there seemed to be for the new logo. Most of the base was in attendance there and I took that to be a majority for the new logo. I did not wish to keep anyone out of the loop and doing so was unintentional.

And what about those of us who were not at that event? This is the FIRST I am hearing anything about this. Besides taking a straw poll at an event is not the same as an official vote in the base. Doing it the way you did leaves zero paper trail. It may have been unintentional, but that does not help the fact that it still happened. And now we are going to have a logo forced upon us that was never voted on.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spoken with Joel and there are some modifications that can be made to make it even better than it currently is. I am going to have those suggestions incorporated and see what everyone thinks. Legion Command has approved the current logo but I want to see how the slight mods work out.
Once I have the mods made I'll throw it up on here for everyone to decide. Nothing has been created yet with this logo on it so it is not set in stone.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know what your going on about, if you look at the last post you did on the linked thread, you yourself use the word final. Indicating you knew that was the design chosen.

"I like the final version, but I do think that the font should be changed to match the RL banner. This way we keep up with the continuity thing. That I think you can really tell that it is a Trek font."

The only changes I can see are movement of the symbol (at the request of the RL) and the font which you mentioned.

In reading through your threads, I'd like to know if you do anything other than carp and complain?
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then can you please change this to a "Design" thread. This way since nothing is set in stone new designs can still be submitted for vote. The way it is titled now makes it sound like this is a 100% done deal.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post edited.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedbump wrote:
don't know what your going on about, if you look at the last post you did on the linked thread, you yourself use the word final. Indicating you knew that was the design chosen.

"I like the final version, but I do think that the font should be changed to match the RL banner. This way we keep up with the continuity thing. That I think you can really tell that it is a Trek font."

The only changes I can see are movement of the symbol (at the request of the RL) and the font which you mentioned.

In reading through your threads, I'd like to know if you do anything other than carp and complain?

I can't even remember now which of those were the final version. Plus none of them are the same as the one posted here. Therefor this version, or whatever the new final version is needs to go up for a public vote.
Squire 1 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this version just as it is. And it looks an awful lot like the one in that old thread. I don't see what the problem is.

Last edited by Squire 1 () on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowScout ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely like it the way it is. Couldn't the words at the bottom be curved for a patch, but kept the way it is for shirts, etc?
Kashyyyk Deployment
Clones of the Republic

"shadowscout"
Galen Marek
Master of Corvidae Temple
Terrapin Base
Squire 1 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm new at this. I can see how the words would need to curve around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: