About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0ffc55ef006b6cabed541d1513e718bdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WOOKIEE HEAD CARRIER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forestmoonstudio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: WOOKIEE HEAD CARRIER Reply with quote

I finally got around to making a carrier case/box for my Chewie head.
Mainly because my wife was ready to throw the head out the window if she had to hold it to another troop.

I started with two drink tubs from Walmart ($6.00 each)

I cut a piece of plywood the diameter of the bottom of one tub. Added a dowel rod to the plywood. Added a old mannequin head to the top end of dowel rod.
I didn't secure the plywood to the bottom because I wanted to be able to pull the whole thing out so I can set it on a table to style the hair if need be.
I added a small bungie cord to act as a hinge.

Added a strap to the top for easy carrying.

And a little fun with some extra vinyl I had left over.
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this in the FB threads. This is cool. I bet it will get a lot of attention, especially at the airport...lol.

TSA:

"Ummm, can you come over here? There appears to be a head in there......"

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
forestmoonstudio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will tell them to call you. You will vouch for me. Right?
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if I show up on my Han Solo Costume, which I do wear to work every Halloween.....Smile

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: