About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=94c6d9236c0f6323ba8b5eee07f16cc8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mos Eisley Clone Squad name?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually $150 if you're really good ... Wink

but some thing to consider. Just found this thread and thought ... great logo! ... for a 501st squad.

Yeah, I know, I'm a downer. But my point is that there's nothing on the patch to say "hey, we're the "good-guy" clones" from the Rebel Legion (other than the Base Name, which not everyone catches)

All the basic joe will see is white armor with an imperial symbol in the background on the sandcrawler and connect it to the 501st. (Remember, basic joe can't tell the difference from the Republic cog and the Imperial one).

As I said, just something to consider.

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
Actually $150 if you're really good ... Wink

but some thing to consider. Just found this thread and thought ... great logo! ... for a 501st squad.

Yeah, I know, I'm a downer. But my point is that there's nothing on the patch to say "hey, we're the "good-guy" clones" from the Rebel Legion (other than the Base Name, which not everyone catches)

All the basic joe will see is white armor with an imperial symbol in the background on the sandcrawler and connect it to the 501st. (Remember, basic joe can't tell the difference from the Republic cog and the Imperial one).

As I said, just something to consider.

I tend to agree with Jon...I looked at the logo and thought 501st as soon as I saw it.
I think that if the outline of the triangle maybe had the words "Clones of the Republic" it might help
And I have a font called Clone Wars as well.....let me play with it a little
but I do think that at this point it does have a very 501st feel to it

EDIT:
QUICK AND DIRTY
using sofachrome and Clone Wars fonts

thoughts?
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if we had the clones "smile" might let everyone know we're freidnly.

i wasnt sayign have a second logo, just giving ideas, like he had for the base logos. had a few differnt ones to choose from.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarecki wrote:
what if we had the clones "smile" might let everyone know we're freidnly.

i wasnt sayign have a second logo, just giving ideas, like he had for the base logos. had a few differnt ones to choose from.

well having the clones smile really wouldnt look right, since the helmets dont "smile"
I definitely think the more ideas the better
Mnlymn (Mike Little)
Mos Eisley Base CO
Mos Eisley Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the changes, Joel! And I was actually planning to add some shading on the clone...but wanted to get the basic design up for comments. I also like using the sides for text and particularly the use of the CLONE WARS font; I will play with it some more and post a new version over the weekend.

But I want to make sure...IS this design something I should continue to pursue? Are we generally happy with it? Is the grey Sandcrawler okay or go back to the original brown version? Keep the twin suns?

BTW, Jay - I like your idea for the "Car Toons" version of racing Sandcrawlers...but I think that might be more of a fun idea for a t-shirt...maybe as a cool down shirt for after trooping.
RL Trading Card: Series 1, Number 44
RL Trading Card: Series 3, Number 137

"I feel the need...the need for Rebellion!"
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestions are:

Keep the twin suns
Change the crawler back to brown
Put some of the traditional armor colors on the clone so its a little more obvious hes a clone and not a stormtrooper.

SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as its not the 501'st colors so people dont get confused. There is nothing wrong with shiney white, but I still think maybe a commando should be in there somewhere.

clones of the republic maybe in the box at the bottom and then sandcrawler squad on one side and the mos eisely base on the other and toss in the word Arizona or AZ somewhere. Drop rebel legion, just clones of the republic should be able to clue people in that we are the "good guys"
also because with having it at the bottom its not as vertically squished as it is if you put it on the side. and yes change the sand crawler to brown.

perhaps we can put a big yellow smiley face with "Have a nice day" on the side of the sandcrawler for that good guy factor.

(I made lisa type this cause im too lazy to get off the couch and do it myself)
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think that maybe the Episode 2 Clone image is better than the Episode 3, only because they turned over to the other side then.
And I kind or like the shiny white unless you want to go with a "sandtrooper" style with a little dirt or mud on them.
I also like the brown sandcrawler idea, and to be honest, the smiley face is a neat idea or even a droid dome
Hammer (Steve)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably the only way to for sure not confuse people between this and a 501st squad would be to add a Jedi to the pic....just a thought.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer wrote:
probably the only way to for sure not confuse people between this and a 501st squad would be to add a Jedi to the pic....just a thought.

Oooh. Going off of Hammer's idea... We could always have a clone and a jedi back to back, but of course in that way that they look like they're fighting together and defending one another.

... Hope that makes sense... Laughing
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VegaWolf wrote:
Hammer wrote:

Oooh. Going off of Hammer's idea... We could always have a clone and a jedi back to back, but of course in that way that they look like they're fighting together and defending one another.

... Hope that makes sense... Laughing

That's a very cool idea. Very Happy
Mnlymn (Mike Little)
Mos Eisley Base CO
Mos Eisley Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very cool idea, and I started working on a Jedi with a Trooper - but I just couldn't come to a decision on a generic face for a Jedi, plus the Clone wasn't taking the main focus. Then after changing to an Episode 2 Clone, I started thinking having him shooting a Battle Droid would place it definitively in the good guys era for the clone troopers. I'm really pretty happy how this one turned out!

RL Trading Card: Series 1, Number 44
RL Trading Card: Series 3, Number 137

"I feel the need...the need for Rebellion!"

Last edited by Mnlymn (Mike Little) on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
fleet_trooper ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Mos Reply with quote

Awsome Mike!
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockin!

like the color choices!

coudl you edit the trooper to give him less of a "kellogs" helmet? possibly use the clone wars style? less tubular, more angles kinda thing?

give the side text more vertical room, still looks stretched.

HOWEVER.

i LOVE the rays off one of the suns and the red sandcrawler
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

made this one.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: