About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3f56d26971ae2b2f4744f3f0381476adMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

S.W.A.T.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Eagle Base -> Eagle Base Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir Paulus (Pawel)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: S.W.A.T. Reply with quote

In Poland we have an additional organisation It's name is Star Wars Artistic Team (S.W.A.T.) www.swat.org.pl We have good and evil characters together and organise events for children in the entire country (non-profit). Warner Bros., Hasbro, Lego and more corporations and organisations are supporting us already. In fact we exist thanks to the charity fundation "Fundacja Spełnionych Marzeń" (Fundation of Fullfiled Dreams) which was our first cooperative organisation. You probably won't be able to read in polish so here I give you link to our galerry ( http://picasaweb.google.com/swat.galeria ) and forum ( http://swat.phorum.pl/ ). We are going to begin worldwide work next year (or a bit later) so we begin to let know about us where we can.

Today our Commanding Officer has banned us from participating in S.W.A.T. events. Why? In the latest newst which our CO has submited it reads that cooperation between S.W.A.T. and EO is not going well (what is not true from my point of view)and we are going to end it. Is it wrong to take part in other organisation's events than RL or 501st? Nearly half of Eagle Outpost memebers are memebers of S.W.A.T. also and S.W.A.T. is now in the lead in Poland, because it is doing something! We have a lot of activities connected with it. EO is doing nothing!

Sorry for my english guys,
awaiting your opinions.
mtfbwy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Paulus.

First thing.
Please use our local Forum for discussions about our local cooperations and local fandom activity, it serves mainly the flow of information between members. But as I can see you also used this one, very well. So I'll refer to what you've written. Just to have full view of all things - for our Rebel Legion members who don't speak our native language.

Dear Rebel Legion Council, friends.

It is true that for almost two years Polish outpost of Rebel Legion (www.rebellegon.pl) was participating at S.W.A.T. (www.swat.org.pl) events. It is also true that most of Ealge Outpost members are also a members of S.W.A.T.. More over I as one of the founders of Eagle Outpost was also a founder of S.W.A.T. - me and two other friends - we had a vision of one organization above local Polish fandom divides. One organization that would cooperate with local fandoms, local organizations and Polish Outpost of Rebel Legion and 501st. The first two years where hard and troublesome. At May 2008 I made a decision that I would leave S.W.A.T. and get round to extend Eagle Outpost - because I saw that most of events are at S.W.A.T. with Eagle Outpost cooperation (of course I always care that proper information will appear - that the members of Rebel Legion are supporting the S.W.A.T. events - banner and info on EO and S.W.A.T. website.). So I quit and wanted to extend the Eage Oustpost actions at Polish Fandom. It is challenging - more challenging than i supposed. But I will carry on.

After a few approaches for local star wars events I saw that the S.W.A.T. events are more important for the Rebel Legion members - I know that they are better prepared - moreover S.W.A.T. have more members - because there is no restrictions for our costume and age...

Then I saw that S.W.A.T. isn't placing the information about cooperation with Rebel Legion - on the S.W.A.T. website. Then I made R&D about that - how S.W.A.T. is seen at Polish Star Wars fandom. The mails and infos I've collected said that fandom is antiS.W.A.T. - may be because of it's non fandom dialog? I don't know.

So I made a decision, and break the silence and abandon the official cooperation with S.W.A.T.

I do not, I repeat, I DO NOT prohibited Eagle Outpost members participating in S.W.A.T. events. I informed that Eagle Outpost is no longer cooperating with S.W.A.T. - and that the Rebel Legion members are not participating at S.W.A.T. events as Rebel Legion members but as private persons like John Smith or Barbara Black - not as a John Smith the Rebel Legion members with costume of Anakin Skywalker. I can't and I don't want to ban or prohibit participations at S.W.A.T. events, this is Eagle Outpost members free will - where or when they will participate. But I can't agree to cooperate with S.W.A.T. any longer - couse Rebel Legion: Eagle Outpost is loosing its value at Polish fandom fans. More over - the events of S.W.A.T. is more important for Rebel Legion members than the Rebel Legion activity, for example the presentation of Eagle Outpost at Toruń Star Wars Fan convention.

When I placed an info that the coopeartion between Eagle Outpost and S.W.A.T. has ended I received mails from fans, that our decision was very wise and very good for us. That reassured me at my decision (decision made not only by me but with my Outpost Executive Officer at voting about that move).

So please Paulus, do not say untrue in front of all Rebel Legion members, because it places you, me and all Eagle Outpost members in very uncomfortable situation.

I'm open for further discussion.

P.S.
Officialy Eagle Outpost ended cooperation with S.W.A.T. and at website (www.swat.org.pl) the "Współpracujemy z: (We cooperate with:)" has changed from Eagle Outpost to Rebel Legion like the link... from www.rebellegion.pl to www.rebellegion.com. As the Polish Outpost of Rebel Legion Commanding Officer like to inform you that there is no reasons why Rebel Legion should cooperate with S.W.A.T. I asked webside admin to delete the logo, but ther dont respond...
sir Paulus (Pawel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duran wrote:
very uncomfortable situation

Indeed, it is. Don't look for excuses. Let everybody know about this affair.

I want no further discussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Eagle Base -> Eagle Base Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: