About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d1b740f1f18e528005b860cdd2bd2d9cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SW in Concert 11/3/09
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (6)
 4 slots left to register.
 (4)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
PhrogTue Oct 06, 2009 12:28 am
Obaa-san BrendaTue Oct 06, 2009 12:48 am
Funky BunsWed Oct 07, 2009 8:03 pm
Kryy JacobiThu Oct 08, 2009 2:37 am
SamuraiThu Oct 15, 2009 1:09 pm
danbakeronlineSun Nov 01, 2009 11:59 pm
WolfieTue Oct 06, 2009 2:52 am
D-WanWed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am
kayia securaSat Oct 10, 2009 1:02 am
Jarren LandcasterMon Oct 12, 2009 1:50 pm
Cam R'MalaTue Nov 03, 2009 5:25 pm
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: SW in Concert 11/3/09 Reply with quote

I've been in contact with the organizers, however this is all the information I have at this time. As soon as I know more about the tickets, parking, etc I'll post it. I'd like to get between 6-10 Rebels for this.

Persons wanting to participate have to be active RL members.

All Rebel costumes have to be approved by LFL at least 1 week prior to the concert. NO EXCEPTIONS.

This is the info I have so far:

Dear Rebel Legion and 501st Garrison Participants,

In trying to respond to all of the questions that have come to us regarding volunteer participation with Star Wars in Concert, we have created an outline that will make clear our expectations regarding your involvement and help you to better participate in our event. Although similar, the circumstances of which we execute the following may change from building to building.

The Show
Star Wars in Concert is a 2-hour program comprised of two 45-minute acts and a 30-minute intermission. The show will generally run from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm with doors opening at 6 pm. Our venues will predominantly be closing at 11 pm. In some cities there will be a matinee, whether it is in conjunction with an evening show, or by itself. There is also a full exhibit of props, costumes, and artwork traveling with the show. The exhibit will be in the lobbies and concourses of each venue.

Duties
501st and Rebel Legion participation is voluntary. Participants will interact with the concert audience, in character, throughout the exhibit prior to the concert event. Doors generally open 90 minutes prior to curtain and we expect our participants to be prepared and in costume by that time. There will be some Saturday and Sunday matinees where we may not open doors to the public until 60 minutes prior to show time. Nonetheless, we expect participants to arrive with enough time to be prepared 90 minutes prior to curtains. We also encourage participants to again interact with the audience, in character, after the concert. The audience will be taking their final walk through the exhibit as they exit and looking for last minute photo opportunities with costumed participants. We do not expect participants who have bought tickets to the show to interact with the audience on the concourse during the 30-minute intermission.

Costume Guidelines
To avoid distraction from the show, participant’s costumes should not be worn in the concert arena, unless at the rear of the main floor or in the rear loges or balconies. We ask those who will be seeing the show to change into street clothes before entering the concert arena. We do not expect any participants who have bought tickets to interact with the audience on the concourse during the 30-minute intermission, as there is not enough time for participants to change into costume, interact with the audience, and change back into street clothes in that 30-minute time period. Participants should not be leaving the arena before the end of the first act in order to accomplish an intermission appearance. Those willing to change back into costume for an after show appearance are encouraged, and will be able to exit the arena for changing after the final montage of the second act.

Costume Approval
We would like to see a minimum and maximum combined total of 20 to 30 costumed characters at each event. This number should be approximately a 70/30% split. For example: Fourteen 501st participants and six Rebel Legion participants.This figure does not include handlers, as their numbers depend upon your judgment. For costumes, we are open to your opinions and excited to see your creativity. Characters recognizable by name and members of squads, such as Storm Troopers or Rebel Pilots, are always well received by the crowds. We ask that a picture of any costume being worn to this event by a participant be sent to us at least a week prior to the night of appearance. Don’t hesitate to send pictures of any droids you feel would make a good addition to the ranks. Do keep in mind that any droid that is small or low to the ground has a very high chance of being stepped on or tripped over. If this is the case, we will likely not approve its use throughout the exhibit, and must reserve any judgment regarding these until we see them on show night.

Show Accommodations
We will make every attempt to provide participants a space within the concert arena to watch the show. What must be kept in mind is that while we will do our best to supply you with an audience space or seat, this will simply not be true for all cities. Anybody wishing to see the show without a purchased ticket will not know if this accommodation will be available until the night of the show. It is also important to know that any spaces we can provide will not often be of the highest caliber. Those wishing for a guaranteed or quality seat are recommended to purchase a ticket ahead of time.

Parking Passes
Again, this is something we hope to provide you with, but is not guaranteed. The venues control parking and although we ask for provided parking, it is not a constant that you should rely on. We are steadfast in suggesting that you carpool to these events. As we find out answers to this question, we will pass the appropriate information along to you.

Changing Room
We will make every attempt to provide participants with an appropriate changing room and the appropriate security. Please keep you personal possessions in a single bag.

Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please list the costume you are planning on wearing.

Phrog--X-wing pilot
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: concert Reply with quote

I'll be Jedi and Randy will be handler. For those who wish to get tickets, we're sitting in section 121 - in case we can sit together.
Beth, let us know how to send pics to you and what you need.
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in section 102, but I got "end seats" so I could slip in and out if needed.

I'd like to apply as well... Jedi.... I can do either set (the brown or the khaki) depending on what others do.

But I have tickets, and since they're limited on RL, I'd be willing to step aside for someone else.
KRK (Kris Kuipers)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beth,

If you want to try and drum up some 501st, as we discussed on the phone, feel free to cross post this and we'll see if we can scare up some of the 14 the "bad guys"

Kris

P.S. to date no one has contacted me about the show yet...
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: comcert Reply with quote

Karyn,
I'll probably go with my "winter outfit" - the Obi-wan colored light beige with the dark brown pleated color undertunic with brown robe, if that helps. Let me know your lightsaber color. I can go blue or green (or purple) based on what everyone is bringing (leaving yellow for Chris !!).
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia- white senatorial gown
Yodafiend (Susan Nolan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can be there as Jedi (Obi Wan type costume). I also have tics in Section 122 front row; seats 1 & 2 which I will need to sell if troop.
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi for me, tho we havent gotten tix yet ,itll be next week before Nikki and I can do that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Samurai ()

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in a maybe...

"Persons wanting to participate have to be active RL members. " since I am not a "real" member. I would bring a R2-D2, can either be setup in 3 legged mode for running around, or 2 legged for photo ops.
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fall outside of that requirement. All droids are welcome. From what I have seen over on the boards, the droids have been extremely popular and have been mobbed for pictures. You may just want to park R2 rather than run the risk of him being damaged by over-enthusiastic crowds.

Also, from what I've heard, the venue determines whether the volunteers get free seats or not. Even then, they may not be the best seats in the house. Just something to think about.

Beth
Samurai ()

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any limitations on how many droids? I will post this up on the Atlanta R2 Builders group.

I am about to change mine to a yes. I just have to figure out the logistics on how to get R2 there and back.
Yodafiend (Susan Nolan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will troop as Jedi but gonna keep my tics (maybe one for sell). Will we be on stage for this at all or just the pre-show and after show? Keep us posted on details. Thanks!
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be interacting with the public as they enter and leave the civic center. We will not be up on stage.

Beth
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More information is trickling in from the West Coast venues. Basically costumed characters are getting mobbed by the public so we are going to need handlers even for the soft costumes.

Beth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: