About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c92eac7cf8b310d46a3178ab522c6a40Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Timonium, MD: Costume Con 27 - 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Timonium, MD: Costume Con 27 - 2009
Event starting Fri May 01, 2009 4:00 am for 4 days

http://www.costume-con.com/cc27/index.html
http://www.costume-con.com/cc27/pub/CC27Flyer002.pdf

Costume Con 27 in 2009

Crowne Plaza - Baltimore North
2004 Greenspring Dr.
Timonium, MD

CC27 Memberships Rates
$80 till 12/31/08
$90 till 04/01/09
$100 there after and at the Door

Last edited by Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd) on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know most of the people running CC 27 and it's back on the east coast, so I'm planning to go.

I also attend CC 18 (in CT) and CC 21 (in Chicago)
http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php

Anyone else planing to go?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I was at CC21 in Chicago, too! Maybe we brushed past each other in the halls. Smile

I am definitely looking forward to its being a lot closer next year, and am planning on going.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.costume-con.com/cc27/index.html

Has some new updates (and don't worry they are much better at running a con then designing a website Wink )

If your interested in entering design in the Future fashion folio, deadline is Oct 1.
http://www.costume-con.com/cc27/future_fashion_folio.htm

Quote:
You do not have to be a member of Costume-Con 27 to enter this design contest. You DO have to be a member if you want to participate in the FASHION SHOW.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of this con...is it anything special?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costume Con moves from location to location each year and is devoted to the costume craft and costume stage craft.

There are tons of workshops about making costumes and various Masquerades and contests for showing off you costumes both Historical and Sci-Fi/fantasy. You can look at the newer albums here http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php to see the types of costumes that are presented at the Masquerades.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augh, it is panic mode time. Only a few weeks left and no I don't have my costumes finished for Costume Con.
Matter fact one is still just a length of fabric, a pattern and a prayer at this point!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds like fun, but if i could go i can only do 45$ for 1 day i could show up as Wednesday addams maybe i might find mom and dad and uncle fester
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I will be a model for the Simplicity costume for Andrea Schewe ( Simplicity historic costume pattern designer) at the end of the Future Fashion show at Costume Con.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea about programming yet? I would like to go for the Sci-Fi masquerade and some of the workshops.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now the programing is still in flux.

The word is, there will be programing all weekend, there will be stuff you want to attend in that programing, they just need to work out the schedule so that the panelist can do panels and still make it to events they are commited to.

The Masquerades are held in the evening:
Saturday May 2, 2009: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Sunday May 3, 2009: Historic
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just thought to check to see if your base was going to Costume Con since some of us in Endor Base had a fan table in San Jose last year!

I guess I may run into some of you then huh? I was trying to decide what costumes to bring... Probably my Senate Dress since I don't wear that often. I'm trying to fix up my rushed together Marie Antointte (the movie) costume from Halloween. It's got fit issues (my pet peeeeeeve!!!) and I never fished the trim. I'm ripping open the front of the bodice right now. Just taking a computer break Wink

Looking forward to seeing some of my fellow RL members! woo hoo!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, will be great to see you there. I was thinking of bring my Rebel and Sith Cheerleader Uniforms for some fun costumes to wear. Are you planning on bring yours too?

I think the only SW costume that will fit in my luggage is my Clone Wars Padme. Everything else (like Amidala, RFT, TK) takes up too much room, and since I'm taking Subway then, Chinatown Bus, and then Light Rail, I need to cut back on luggage.

I ended up deciding not to rush one of my costumes, and am just pulling out stuff from back of the closet and working on new doucmentation. Decide I just didn't want to drive myself nuts with new costume.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen Amidala wrote:
Kathy, will be great to see you there. I was thinking of bring my Rebel and Sith Cheerleader Uniforms for some fun costumes to wear. Are you planning on bring yours too?

I had not thought of those. I guess every costume con is different, but the one in San Jose I was kind of snubbed for having 'bought' items as part of my Hermione costume. People were disappointed I didn't make my monster book of monsters. And I had one woman say to me 'made or bought' as I walked by her. Hence, I wonder what reaction people would have to a totally bought cheerleader uniform?

I'm still trying to decide on costumes. Jeannie could be fun if I stopped by the "Pink" hospitality suit party, but it takes me a few hours in hair and make-up *grumble*. Ceremonial Leia could be easier for a day costume. I may try to fit in my Purple Senate dress, but I'm not sure if will fit in my luggage with my Marie Antoinette costume. Decisions decisions...

So it sounds like you are entering a contest if you are working on documentation? I won't be entering the masquerades at all. If I'd made something especially for it, maybe... but I just have the same old stuff and a so-so Marie Antoinette costume.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
So it sounds like you are entering a contest if you are working on documentation? I won't be entering the masquerades at all. If I'd made something especially for it, maybe... but I just have the same old stuff and a so-so Marie Antoinette costume.

Kathy,

Your not going to enter one of your stunning Padme repros in the Sci Fi/Fantasy Masquerade? Shocked
Either your Blue Delete scene gown or the Purple Senate gown would be perfect for the Masquerade. And you already have fantastic documentation on your website, just need to print it out. If it is a toss up on which costume to enter, then since you used Simplicity 8881 as you base for the Senate gown bodice, you could also qualify for the Simplicity Pattern Contest which is a sub contest of any of the CC 27 Masquerades
http://www.costume-con.com/cc27/pattern_contest.htm
http://sites.google.com/site/cc27/

I have entered Masquerade in every Costume Con I attended, and have yet to make a new costume just for the CC Masquerade, I end up showing costumes that I already have made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: