Who We Are
What We Do
Get Involved
Member Portal
Resources
Contact Us
/* end  

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2c6344d2f66a6f05a9de56a8ed54d663Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Teenage Solo on Duty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korlak ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: New Teenage Solo on Duty Reply with quote

Hey Guys! My names Jared and I'm brand spankin new to the Rebellion heheh. Although I'm pretty familiar with costuming, trooping, etc. I joined the Alpine Garrison in Utah a while back and have made a few costumes since then. I've completed a Stormtrooper, Darth Revan, and Boba Fett. Most recently though I've wanted to make a costume on the other side of the war Razz I had always loved Han Solo so I decided to do my own! I'm almost done with the costume too, I just need to complete my DL-44 and am waiting for my german officer boots to arrive. wahoo! anyways its so nice to meet you all and I cant wait to get to know the Rebellion Very Happy

Here are some pix of my other costumes too case ur interested.

Boba Fett

Stormtrooper and Revan (Friend wearing Revan)

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Rebellion. Cool
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome I'm also doing a han solo anh

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see more Hans coming around. Make sure you guys check up on the standards... they changed not long ago.

http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8854

Bob Kohn
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome fellow Solo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
Nice to see more Hans coming around. Make sure you guys check up on the standards... they changed not long ago.

http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8854

Bob Kohn

what all has changed?

I notice the bit about "no bias tape" on the pants..is that new? and what does that mean exactly? what is bias tape? would that be individual strips of red tape, each an inch long? or does that refer to a single strip of fabric, the length of the pants, with the stripes pre-attached?

ie: does this new rule mean the costumebase pants are no longer acceptable?

as you can probably see from the pic, the stripes are contained on a seperate strip of cloth which is sewn into the pantleg lengthwise. is that strip of cloth considered 'bias tape' or am I just overthinking it?

Phantom6 (Justin Craig Manning)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Rebellion. Wink

Justin C Manning -
CO of Alderaan Oct. 2007-Sept. 2009
Current member of Rebel Legion PR Team and Alderaan Base's BRO

ID-6872 New England Garrison 501st
Jedi Master Justyn Ma'Ning of Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn- Charity fundraiser "walk on role".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen a Costume base costume in person.. only in pictures. I think the costume base pants would pass for informal, but not for Formal. From what I can see your blood stripes are not embroidered ( satin stitch ).. IE machine or by hand, which is a formal requirement. I cannot tell by pictures if the pants has the riding stitch or pin tuck though.

Yeah and as far as that blood stripe goes... thats exactly what that is.. a piece of fabric/ ribbon/ bias tape cut in sections over blue fabric. That and a few other things have been changed for formal approvals.

It may seem strict, but if you remember what the standards where before, they where pretty sad. Before the only difference between formal and informal Han costume was a blaster for formal... thats it. The standards update was a long time coming.

Bob
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
I cannot tell by pictures if the pants has the riding stitch or pin tuck though.

no they do not. Confused (unfortunately)

Quote:

It may seem strict, but if you remember what the standards where before, they where pretty sad. Before the only difference between formal and informal Han costume was a blaster for formal... thats it. The standards update was a long time coming.

so what happens then, to all the Hans who got approved in the past with costumebay pants?
do they need to be re-approved now Shocked , or do they get a free pass? Wink hehee
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is no plan as of right now to "Re- Judge" anything. I would not worry about it too much to be honest. I mean if and when that day comes... the worse case scenario will be to bump someone down to informal... untill they can make corrections.

In the meantime, it might not be a bad idea to make all them upgrades that we all have been pushing aside.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: