Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1a33ecee8b831e99357c45d941c31958Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Atlanta St. Patrick's Day parade interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Atlanta St. Patrick's Day parade interest Reply with quote

The Atlanta St. Patrick's Day parade will be upon us before ya know it. And I'd like to know if any of you are interested in participating this year. The GA 501st took last year off. But I would like to be able to do it again in March. I know the winter holidays are still on everyone's minds right now, but the earlier we get an interest going, the better. The application needs to go out no later than Feb. 15th. And if we apply after Feb. 1st, there is a late app. fee. The fee to participate is $25. I'll get more details on the app. fee after I get some info from the GA garrison's CO.

Anywhoo......if you want more detailed info you can visit the Atl. St. Pat's parade website here: http://www.stpatsparadeatlanta.com/

For those of you who are new and haven't been in the parade before, this parade is usually a big to-do. We get people from other bases and garrisons participating in the parade with us. Last time we had members from Corellian Base and the garrisons from Tenn. and Ala., and I think FL.

Also it's usually cold as h-e double hockey sticks out there. So wearing a costume that you can wear layers under is a PLUS! Going on the parade route through the tall buildings in Atl. creates a wind tunnel that just freezes you to the bone if your not properly "insulated". That's what's good about being a Rebel.....most of our costumes soft, and are able to wear layers under them unlike our plastic brethern of the garrison. Laughing But all-in-all it's a good time, and a neat experience. Cool
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early to tell yet, we also have the huge MDA event in march to do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TheStig (Jordan Cannady)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be a RL member shortly, so I should be able to attend. Unless something comes up before then.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStig wrote:
I should be a RL member shortly, so I should be able to attend. Unless something comes up before then.
Yay! Awesome!!! Mr. Green

Well the Ga501st has applied for the parade, so we're in. When I get more info, and closer to the date, I'll post a registration thread. Wink
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

were there!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Obi-John ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always enjoyed doing this parade. I was bummed out we didnt do it last year. I will be there for this year.
Yodafiend (Susan Nolan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point in time, I hope and want to participate. Would like to carpool with someone who knows this area, so let me know who is going on north end and I can meet up with. When is the MDS event? I know the Cherry Blossom Parade is March 22nd.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yodafiend wrote:
At this point in time, I hope and want to participate.
Yay! I hope you can come. Mr. Green

Yodafiend wrote:
Would like to carpool with someone who knows this area, so let me know who is going on north end and I can meet up with.
Why do you gotta live so far north Sus? Rolling Eyes I'll ask around to see who all is coming from around your area.

Jarren Landcaster wrote:
were there!!!
Yes! Very Happy And I promise NOT to go all darkside on ya this time. Wink I'm "planning" on wearing my Padme battle outfit.

I'll post a sign up thread when we get closer to the date of the parade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: