About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3e538569ff398fecb9065b45b83497c9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Costume Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice! But you can see I started this costume in January and still not finished. In fact I'm doing very little actual work on it, I'm mostly paying other people for their talents (my only talent is making it look good Laughing ). I wish I had more time to work on my projects but I have such varied interests I rarely can spend a lot of energy on any one thing. It comes in bursts. I'll even out before too long no worries Smile and yes this is a great base to be involved in!
Akasha ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Getting closer Reply with quote

My orange jumpsuit will be here any day. I have ordered code cylinders, belt flairs and a chest box knob from Elvis trooper. My webbing for the ejection harness is on order with strapworks.

Next up: helmet, comm pad, leg flairs & gauntlets.

Gonna be a busy next few weeks. I have some goo ideas as to how I want to paint my bucket. Should be pretty kewl.

I am hoping to be approved in time for the DragonCon RL picture and participate in the DC parade for the first time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see another Base working on this costume. Let me know if Hazard Squadron or Starfighter Command can be of any help.

So ... how many pilots are working on this?

Akasha ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me....do we have a name for Corellian Base's fighter squadron?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think it's ever been discussed before....

I was gung ho for this a couple years ago and would definitely still like to do this, but it'll have to be after I get done with some other projects. I'm hoping to maybe seriously look at this again by the end of the year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Akasha ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per the RLSC a Base needs at least 3 formal costumed members who agree on the Squadron name to formally request Squadron status. I think it would be great to have something "official" for the pilots.
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my Flak Vest from Mr Bojangles this week and it looks great! I'm still waiting to get my jumpsuit(s) back from my tailor. Kind of in a holding pattern now anyway working on other projects.
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! Finally approved. Took a lot longer than even I thought it would but got there eventually. It's worth noting for anyone else who may be working on it that standards have changed since I/we first started this so watch out! Couldn't have done it without Mr Bojangles and Elvis Trooper for what they contribute for us unskilled costumers. I do have a Mickey helmet kit on order but I don't expect to get started on that until next year. Plus I have to decide on a color scheme for my helmet and I'm very indecisive. A few things I learned along the way...the Mighty Mend It we discussed earlier would have worked pretty well for the straps but the material is such a loose weave it was easy to sew them together by hand. I did use the Mighty Mend it on the ends of the straps to keep the loose ends from fraying. And after a disaster with Gorilla Glue and the wooden dowel leg flares (who knew Gorilla Glue would stain fabric like that?) the Mighty Mend It did the job much better. But in the meantime I got some Elvis Trooper Flares and those are way sweeter than the wooden dowels. I'm certainly no expert but I'm happy to help anyone else get their Rebel Pilot together.
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! The pic in your profile looks great.

I know what you mean about being indecisive... I wanted to do the Rebel Pilot when this was first brought up. Eventually ended up putting together an Imperial Crewman (as that's the base for an Imperial Gunner or TIE Pilot) as there were several in my area that was doing that which made for an easier group project. During that, I started getting the stuff needed for an Ep III clone. Now I've decided to sell off the clone stuff I've got and just go with TIE Pilot, but I'd really like to do the matching Rebel Pilot after that. Depending on how much I can sell the clone stuff for, I might have enough left over to start on the Rebel Pilot later this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of the X wing group in the Corellian Base will be determined by the members of the Corellian Base who are pilots. Therefore, if you are working on a costume then get it approved, and you can take part in the name of the Corellian Pilot group. Talk to Don our XO and he will help get you on your way on where to obtain items.
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orion knight-star wrote:
The name of the X wing group in the Corellian Base will be determined by the members of the Corellian Base who are pilots. Therefore, if you are working on a costume then get it approved, and you can take part in the name of the Corellian Pilot group. Talk to Don our XO and he will help get you on your way on where to obtain items.

Thanks for posting this I was too sleepy for posting something, one hour of sleep in 24 hours is not good. This is what Alex and myself came up with when Alex was CO and I was XO. The main thing I ask is we keep with the Corellian Theme in the naming of detachment and etc...

"I'm only a simple trained killer, but something tells me never to eat in a restaurant with a bad pun over the door." Sev
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked around some, but wanted to know if anyone knew an answer to this: Is the cosumebase costume (flight suit, flak vest, and chest box) good enough to be approved? Also, all those helmets on ebay... are they worth it? How much modding would need to be done on those out of the box ones? What's a good price on a helmet kit (and where/who can you get one from)? Yeah... lots of questions, but I'm seriously thinking about doing the pilot now before the TIE. Just weighing my options before spending the money. Thanks!
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flight suit is approve-able but the flak vest will need a few easy modifications. Their chest box is crap as it is. shoot me a PM and remind me and I can direct you to two good sources for a chest box kit.

PM Jedi Mickey on these boards for a helmet! Best helmets there are Smile
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done and done. Thanks!
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vesper2112 wrote:
I looked around some, but wanted to know if anyone knew an answer to this: Is the cosumebase costume (flight suit, flak vest, and chest box) good enough to be approved? Also, all those helmets on ebay... are they worth it? How much modding would need to be done on those out of the box ones? What's a good price on a helmet kit (and where/who can you get one from)? Yeah... lots of questions, but I'm seriously thinking about doing the pilot now before the TIE. Just weighing my options before spending the money. Thanks!

Cool, another pilot in the making. X-Wing 2 Pilot Very Happy
Let me know if I can help with anything.
Wolfie summed it up, the jumpsuit is good to go as is. Also, I have a costumebase flak vest if your interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: