Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=212f03deca94d522bffee140710775cbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

VisionCon 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norhac (Norm Hackett)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: VisionCon 2009 Reply with quote

Name of Event: VisionCon 2009
Event Begins: Fri, Jan 23, 2009 9:00 am
Event Ends: Sun, Jan 25, 2009 4:00 pm-ish
Location of Event:
The Clarion Hotel & Convention Center
3333 S. Glenstone Ave.
Springfield, MO

Way the event is connected to Star Wars: This is the Return of VisionCon. The premiere Sci-Fi/Fantasy Convention for Southwest Missouri!

Will there be a place for troopers to change? Yes

Will there be a secure place for troopers to store their storage tubs while trooping the event? Yes

Will family/friends be allowed to attend the event? Yes

Are cameras allowed and can we take pictures at the event? Yes

Are weapons allowed on the costumes? Yes

Is there a special place to park at the event? Does parking cost? No cost parking

If appropriate, can we have a table with flyers and information about the Rebel Legion/JA? Yes

How many costumed members are requested? 82-1000

Will lodging be provided by the local Rebels for members travelling a great distance? Yes, as needed by request. It is highly recommended to get a room at the Con. Most of the local members even stay at the Clarion.

Additional information or comments: This is a preliminary posting for VisionCon 2009. I will be adding info as I get it.
The address for the Hotel is:
3333 S. Glenstone Ave.
Springfield, MO 65804
(417) 883-6550

Start getting rooms now!

Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order: Dantari Temple
Darksaber Jedi Knights Springfield, MO Fanforce, Chapter Representative "Darth_Mordus"
IG/IC-2094, Squad 66, 70th Explorers, 501st Legion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyBedlam (Kelly Sutton)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got our room!!!! if anyone wants to caravan with us we will be leaving Kansas City area around noonish on that Friday!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Norhac (Norm Hackett)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we want to have a table there this year for the RL?

Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order: Dantari Temple
Darksaber Jedi Knights Springfield, MO Fanforce, Chapter Representative "Darth_Mordus"
IG/IC-2094, Squad 66, 70th Explorers, 501st Legion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We (SciFiHero) will have one there again this year, if we do have one for RL maybe we can have them side by side. Then I can pull double duty lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah and I cannot come this year (it's a little too close to her due date). However, if we'll have enough folks to field a table, I highly encourage it! I have the big RL banner I can send down.

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome Bart. Someone let me know if we are having a table and I can meet you or Sarah somewhere to pick up the banner and it can come down with us.
GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no one wants to see Padme go into labor at Visioncon! LOL so Have Fun and take TONS of pictures!!!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know if nothing else we're planning to do a meet and greet with ral going over 501st requirements and me going over specifically RL.

I don't know if we're going to have a table or not. since we're such a tight nit group here we decided on what we're doing without any thought to the division between the groups. an armor repair workshop, costuming demonstrations shell and fabric, etc.

Personally I'd be in the mind set to check with Brandon (501 squad head) and curt and see if there's an issue with sharing the table with propaganda of both. if someone feels the need to shell out the extra cash for our own table I won't stop you, but down here we're all family and I'd be ready to play it as such at the con.

(if I seem off on gramar it's been happening to me all day - my mental gramar and spell check are off. don't think I missed anything but bear with me.)

Steve Schaeperkoetter
RL/JA: Drago Lordist - KJO, WHP, RLSC
501st: DZ/IC/SL 7221 - GWL
Road Squadron
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also all for saving money and doing it jointly, provided it's an even split Smile I still hope we'd be able to fly the banner Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys want a table (and we can field enough props to make it look decent), me and Kelly can sign us up for a RL table when I do our SFH one. We'll have 6 people from my house alone there and if I can get the tables together, we should not have any trouble manning them. Kelly can set up a good time to meet you and/or Sarah for the banner.

I'm sending in the info and payment next week for the other table, so let me know as soon as you can about doing one for RL and I'll get it at the same time.
Darian Ordo (Brandon Easter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Susan and I are going to be there. We were on the fence a bit until one of out friends showed some interest in going after trooping with us this past weekend. I am hoping to have my Tusken offical with the RL and 501st by then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drago Lordist (Steve Schaeperkoetter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanted to get a table I would help out where I could (props, manning, etc) so you are more than welcome to register for one. All i know is I don't have the money to do so. If you need anything else to get the ball rolling feel free to give me a call 4175274188 (if I don't answer I'll call back at the earliest convenience)

Steve Schaeperkoetter
Road Squadron
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drago Lordist wrote:
If you wanted to get a table I would help out where I could (props, manning, etc) so you are more than welcome to register for one. All i know is I don't have the money to do so. If you need anything else to get the ball rolling feel free to give me a call 4175274188 (if I don't answer I'll call back at the earliest convenience)

How much do the tables cost? If two or more groups are going to share one I'm sure we can take up a collection from among those groups to get the number (in my experience con tables run 40-70, especially if we're providing other value to the con with our members being there in large numbers and looking cool and doing other fun stuff).

Drago Lordist (Steve Schaeperkoetter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like 40:
http://www.visioncon.net/Clubs/Clubs.htm

don't know why I thought it was in the 100 range...

also for those that want to register for security I have been told you get in for free.

Steve Schaeperkoetter
Road Squadron
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drago Lordist wrote:
looks like 40:
http://www.visioncon.net/Clubs/Clubs.htm

don't know why I thought it was in the 100 range...

also for those that want to register for security I have been told you get in for free.

That's not bad... if we're talking of splitting this w/ RL/501st/and FF and for just one table, that's just 8 people pitching in $5... I'd pitch in $5 on RL's behalf...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: