Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=30b9770f10fb31bedfde5922d6867837Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Fanboys - 1/11/08
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Fanboys - 1/11/08 Reply with quote

So, I hear that they finally set the release date for the movie "Fanboys" for January 11, 2008. I know the KC FanForce is already talking about what to do when it comes out, but I wanted to throw it out here for consideration (or at least a 'save the date' for those of you who are or will be in the area).

Ideas and thoughts?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for whatever we decide to do, but it would be nice if we could make it to a theater! (duh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GsWookie wrote:
I'm up for whatever we decide to do, but it would be nice if we could make it to a theater! (duh)

Also, I think these things go better in mass, so hopefully all the RL folks can be at the SAME theater... we look GOOD in a big group Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dirk steele (karl)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just let me know when and where!
merrick_stoller ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we're setting something up here in the Springfield, MO area of course it will probably be 501st but id say the more the merrier. lol
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merrick_stoller wrote:
looks like we're setting something up here in the Springfield, MO area of course it will probably be 501st but id say the more the merrier. lol

I figured we'd have separate KC and Springfield events... I know WE won't be taking any trips soon... And hopefully you 501st guys won't drag your KC members down there either, so we can have them up here with us and the HotA (maybe)...

I'm just thinkin out loud Very Happy It'd be cool if people can travel from one end to the other... But I'm just guessing we'll have to make contingencies in all our major population centers...

GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Springfield is getting something together. I wouldn't really expect anyone to drive anywhere in January in Missouri winter weather.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard much about what is going on here yet, but may be a Joint, RL, 501st, FF event. Who knows, to early to tell.

Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order: Dantari Temple
Darksaber Jedi Knights Springfield, MO Fanforce, Chapter Representative "Darth_Mordus"
IG/IC-2094, Squad 66, 70th Explorers, 501st Legion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dirk steele (karl)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone talked to 70 explorers (local 501st) about doing a group thing?
i'm not on their boards . i know this has been posted on FF (hota ) boards , but i don't know if they have worked out a plan for this eve. we could call the theatre/and press and let them what our intensions are .lets make this fun and huge , after all this is a movie about us ALL OF US ,FANS ALIKE .
maybe we could do a lil fund raising at the same time?
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirk steele wrote:
has anyone talked to 70 explorers (local 501st) about doing a group thing?
i'm not on their boards . i know this has been posted on FF (hota ) boards , but i don't know if they have worked out a plan for this eve. we could call the theatre/and press and let them what our intensions are .lets make this fun and huge , after all this is a movie about us ALL OF US ,FANS ALIKE .
maybe we could do a lil fund raising at the same time?

Last I heard, HotA's plan was to split up into groups of 2s and 3s and hit multiple theatres that night for 'recruitement' purposes... I personally didn't like the idea very much, but as I wasn't at the meeting and am not on the council any more, I don't know the latest. I think there's something to be said for 'big' movies like this for getting as many people together as possible, and especially since troops look better when massed, I would like to see as many of us at least together... I'd have to ask Sarah though if the KC contingent of the 70th is planning anything though, but of course I'd like for as many of us fans to get together as possible.

GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post something on the 70th boards tonight and see if anyone's interested in doing anything...

they haven't been doing much of anything (around KC) the last couple of months...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a joint effort would be nice . i like the whole mass presence idea at one specific theatre.
GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I posted about it on the 70th but usually I just get ignored, so we'll see what happens....
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know which theatres are going to show this ? we should pick one desination .
merrick_stoller ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to do a little checking up on this. i heard its been pushed back yet again til march this time
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: