About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3ae6047eba8b102d1d534d802854f89bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Introduce yourself here!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleet_trooper ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Introduce Reply with quote

Hello Kristin. Its so wonderful to see you. Welcome to Mos Eisley Base and the Rebellion. Its good to have you here. Very Happy
Tucson Raider ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I'm Susan... I met several of you at Phoenix Comicon this past weekend, and really enjoyed chatting with those of you I met. I was the Ewok village Leia following Heidi around all weekend. Smile

I'm a fairly recent transplant to AZ. I grew up just outside Chicago and went to college in Wisconsin. I moved to Tucson this past August to start graduate school at the U of A. I'm another jerk driving around in the desert with Illinois plates. I know, I know.

The Leia that I debuted this weekend was my first Star Wars costume, but I'm by no means new to costuming. I've been doing costumes since 2002, mostly for anime conventions (though I have done a couple of Harry Potter events). We always call it "cosplay" over in that community, so if I default to that terminology, forgive me. Wink I've got a link to my cosplay.com profile in my forum profile here, if anyone is interested in checking out some of the other things I've done. I haven't added pictures of my Leia costume yet because I'm waiting for my boyfriend to be satisfied with his color tweaking before he'll give them up. R2 D2

Anyway, all of my costumes are entirely my creations. Back when I was starting out, I got some sewing help from my mom, though I do all my own sewing now, and I've always gotten help from my dad on a lot of my props, but everything has remained my designs and my final "say" as far as materials and such. I'm by no means a professional, but I have developed a decent working knowledge of a lot of sewing, craft, and wig techniques over the years so I do my best to help out where I can!

I'm planning to officially apply to the RL soon. I didn't realize that your application pictures are supposed to be in front of a plain background, or I would have taken some shots like that at the con this weekend. All of the good shots we took this weekend were by trees. So applying will have to wait until I have time to get back into the thing and take some more pictures.

Finally, I don't have any particular interest in Tusken Raiders. I just thought the pun was too good to pass up. whistling

aaaaand this post got ridiculously long. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and making some more SW costumes! I really want my "next big thing" to be Aayla Secura, but only if I can find the time and money (both of which are in short supply for a graduate student) to do her brain tails and blue skin justice. Smile
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god now I have to talk to you on TWO forums?? Wink Welcome! I'm glad you guys had a good time this weekend. I'd try to send in the pics anyway, I know some of mine that were submitted were from CIV and there were people all over my backgrounds. Give it a shot!

VegaWolf (Nichole)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Susan!
It's great to meet you and welcome to the RL! I remember seeing you at PCC this weekend. Your Leia costume looked great and would really help us start off the Senate/Royalty detachment! Hehe.

As far as submission pictures, I'd just send in what you have. If you look at my profile for my Slave Leia, ALL of my pictures aren't in front of a plain background and I still got accepted. I figure as long as they can make out the costume and it doesn't blend into the background they won't care.
Sha-Nu Nurub ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

My name is Shaun and I just met all you guys over the weekend and me and my wife very very impressed by everything. I wanted start a Jedi Costume, but I just don't know where to start. I Also want to do a 501st Clonetrooper costume.
fleet_trooper ()
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Introduce Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to Mos Eisley Base and the Rebellion! Very Happy
Lee-Ahm Jinn ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Traveling Saber Salesman Reply with quote

It was great to get to meet you all at PCC 09.
I currently have my jedi and a stormtrooper suit. (I especially love how the children react, brilliant.) I am a dealer for the Jedi robes, Stormtrooper and Vader suits.
I have not been active in SW fandom for a long time, and I look forward to getting back into it again. Mainly I have been into medieval reenactment and cosplay. I have been going to cons since '75, so I have done basicly everything twice. If anyone wants to know more, ask me sometime when you can sit a while.
Now I am in charge of the retail division of Ultrasabers. Any questions about Sabers, just ask.

Liam

(Also, Deadpool, AzA/ECA, Founding Member of the Arizona Avengers, the Avenger Initiative, and the East Coast Avengers (CO)
https://www.facebook.com/EastCoastAvengers
Blazshtaliar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Susan! Welcome Shaun! Welcome Liam!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

There is no emotion, there is only Peace.

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your improv, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman. -Joel
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi My name is Eris. I just signed up on the forums today! I have been interested in joining the Rebel Legion for some time now as Star Wars is my all time favorite movie series (yup I love all six movies).

I was thinking of creating a character by the name of Erisa Sal-Solo but don't know if I can expand the universe like that? I'm kind of thinking she would be trained as a Jedi despite her being born with a father like Thracken Sal Solo. Again , I know George Lucas is very particular about the SW universe so if I could get some guidance on that, it would be deeply appreciated! I am looking forward to getting to know all of y'all and meeting as many as I can. I brought my 10 year old niece Saturday to the Phoenix Comic Con and she was completely smitten with the Jedi "Spike" who was doing the Jedi Training academy! Laughing Anyway, experience you all could pass on would be great!

In Service

Eris
fleet_trooper ()
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Introduce Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to Mos Eisley Base and the Rebellion Eris.
Blazshtaliar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Eris and welcome! Ha Ha she was smitten with me? Razz I bet it was the hair huh?

There is no emotion, there is only Peace.

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your improv, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman. -Joel
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re:Spike Reply with quote

Josh: Yeah It's always the hair!! I cant think of any other reason she would be smitten with you!!! What can I say she takes after her Aunt!! Okay maybe thats not a good thing? Embarassed I gotta say though I got a chance to chat with you and you are a sweet guy!! I hope that doesn't ruin your "Rep"

Eris
jedirevan1 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

My name is Tina and I'm down here in Sierra Vista. At long last I have submitted my Jedi for approval, and am just waiting to here back. Looking forward to trooping with you guys soon. Very Happy

Tina
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Submission Reply with quote

Hey Tina: Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your submission. Im sure you'll be approved!

Eris
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been so busy that I feel like I've been ignoring our new forum users.

So with that said, I will say a BIG WELCOME! I'm the Mos Eisley Base Executive Officer. If you have any questions, please post away! Or feel free to PM me at anytime!

Welcome to all of you, again.

Joel Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: