About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c7388a30ed40abc2a38fefe6708492beMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Stick a fork in it...it's done...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but aren't all the Standards being revised?

I think if you look as some of the unhelmeted Techs that are readying the X-Wings before the Death Star Battle, you will see the slanted channeled arm tool pocket and empty comm pad pocket on some of them. I need to go back and watch that part of ANH again and look for them.

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think that the Rebel Tech needs a little "fine tuning"...lol...

I went back last night and re-visited all I could find on the Techs because I wanted to revise the sleeve pocket pages that I deleted from the tutorial...

I really looked hard at those images...and also went back to swtroopers.com for any additional insight...

I added a whole page to the tutorial on just the sleeve pockets...and...
well...I still can't draw any conclusion really regarding that left pocket...

I also have been reviewing it with Rachel Orange from the Midwest Base...
Rachel is a great costumer and graphic artist...and usually helps me with my sight issues....
we can come to no conclusion either...
she agrees that there are no channels sewn into that pocket...BUT I agree with her that the left pocket should be shorter in height and rounded/angular an the bottom...

So, the bottom line is that either version of that left pocket should probably be allowed because I can't find a smoking gun....

Look for the revised tutorial with the page added on the sleeve pockets...
The great thing about using a PDF format is that you can use the PDF
magnifying tool
to really zoom in on the photos and screen captures I have put into the tutorial....

I found more screen captures at swtroopers.com
but...
alas...
they were really no better than what I had....
they were REALLY washed out....

but here are a few conclusions that swtroopers.com had:

The Belt

The belt appears to be the same belt worn by the Rebel Honor Guard seen in the Ceremonial scene at the end of ANH. It appears to be an olive-drab canvas belt with a two-piece brass buckle. I haven't tracked down the buckle yet, but will keep searching and post my findings here. Given the military history behind most of the SW props, this is likely a British military belt used sometime between the 40's and the 70's.

The Uniform

The uniform is another appearance of the faithful racing suit that was used on the Rebel Pilots, TIE Pilots, Scanning Crew, Death Star Gunner, ....you get the idea. The color is a cream, off-white and matches the color of the Imperial Scanning Crew. Keep an eye on this site for a more in-depth look at this suit coming soon.

It doesn't look like he ever got back to making the more "in depth" look at the suit....
so...maybe he had the same difficulty in trying to find information...
note how his conclusion of color was "cream, off-white and matches the color of the Imperial Scanning crew"...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

sigh...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guessing here, but it may have been that the pilots were going to wear the tech coveralls and so they had the comm pad/arm tool pockets added. Then George changed his mind to orange and the outfits were "recycled" to become tech costumes.

Since the techs don't have a comm pad, I don't see any reason for including one in the standard. If someone could make a sketch of the arm tool pocket - which I agree is different from the pilot one - then we could get an idea of the shape.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the revised coverall tutorial to the Yavin Hangar group...

give it a "look see" and let me know what you guys think...
it includes the sleeve pockets...

I also posted the belt tutorial....
let me know also what you think about that...

Again...
Lori and Donna...
I am grateful for your input...
it is always better to have more than one pair of eyes looking at this stuff...

Very Happy

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: