About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c524c658e5ec8c1f398f95fc2dced422Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rubies Han Solo Blaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he gave me the $23 air soft gun, but I'm gonna have to spend the 100+ to mod it.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:
Well, he gave me the $23 air soft gun, but I'm gonna have to spend the 100+ to mod it.

yeah...but I haven't even been able to find one of those airsoft guns for under $50...granted I only looked one day...but still!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where my friend got it, maybe at a local shop.

I can ask him though.

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is what you're looking for, there's quite a for on E-bay for around $15 USD.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=airsoft+mauser&_sacat=See-All-Categories

And free shipping. Hmm... tempting... Though not sure I'd want to spend a bunch to convert it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's interesting, because from the Airsoft's website they're $99...my connection can get it for me for a little cheaper than that, but not $15. Which makes me wonder if they really are Airsoft or someone's just using the name, or if it's a cheaper model Airsoft no longer makes, or did Airsoft just up the price because they can...or...something else?
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look closely at the auction for the $15 Airsoft, it is made of plastic! Be careful because they all look nice and like they are made of metal, but there are plastic ones out there and that explains the low price...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I know the grips are made of plastic. I never read what the guns were made of. Embarassed

Looking at this pic, it looks like there's metal showing through between the black and orange at the barrel tip. But that could be a pic from another gun, for all I know. I wouldn't want to be putting a Blast-Tech kit onto a plastic gun.

I just know that mine is made of metal, except for the grips.

If you want a metal one, then you need to get one like this, which is considerably more than $15:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-METAL-C-96-MAUSER-BROOM-PISTOL-AIRSOFT-HAN-SOLO-96_W0QQitemZ130272543826QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAirsoft?hash=item130272543826&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that's for $15 is a cheap plastic that I know for a fact wouldn't hold up to trooping after being modded. Very thin plastic. I've seen were they fall apart at the seams.

As for the metal kind, I've seen them as low as $80 from a good company.

I airsoft alot and I've been on the business end a few times of a really good one. Those pellets coming out at 400 fps really hurt!!! Shocked
Ohio Garrison/Original Midwest Base
AdamScottFM (Erich Shafer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd... I modded a plastic broomhandle mauser this past Saturday into a Power5 and didn't have any problems...

$10 airsoft, $1 funnel, $2.66 pipe connectors, some old phone cord, and a cantina band instrument for the power button greeblie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That flash hider looks pretty good. Never seen a funnel that small though. Kinda looks like you cut that off of a Hasbro blaster. Wink

I wouldn't want to try putting a scope mount one of the plastic ones, though.

Mine only came with the long magazine, so I'll make a "plate" out of some styrene to cover the opening paint it and glue it on.

It's really hard for me to pull back the slide to fire it anyway, and I'm no weakling.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:
That flash hider looks pretty good. Never seen a funnel that small though. Kinda looks like you cut that off of a Hasbro blaster. Wink

I wouldn't want to try putting a scope mount one of the plastic ones, though.

Mine only came with the long magazine, so I'll make a "plate" out of some styrene to cover the opening paint it and glue it on.

It's really hard for me to pull back the slide to fire it anyway, and I'm no weakling.

Silicon spray, makes it easier.

I modded a plastic one last year and got 2 troops out of it, the barrel splintered and cracked
Ohio Garrison/Original Midwest Base
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My airsoft is a plastic model that has a metallic look at it. I tried to mount a scope base and mount on the gun, but it keeps breaking off.

I am thinking that I am going to mount some sort of plastic piece that I can permanently mount the scope and base to.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MacRican ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this a little while ago in case anyone is interested

http://www.hobbytron.com/SpringBroomhandleAirsoftGunPistolM1932MCAP1881.html

It also has a gun on another page that is very close to the Naboo pistols...

Sgt. Rook, RFT
Squad Leader
Rishi Maze Runners-RAID

"Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES!"
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think about looking there. I've bought guns from them before. Very good prices.

This one looks like another plastic one though. But if that's what you're looking for, go for it.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm good. If I wanted to go that route, I'd mod up the old Lazer Tag ones I have in my box-o-blasters. =D

I just found that site today when I did a search for green gas, I'm running low on that stuff for my airsoft pistols.

Sgt. Rook, RFT
Squad Leader
Rishi Maze Runners-RAID

"Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: