Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=674f9ce36c2888ab58fade07d3ea803dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Reminder for all ROTS Padme costumes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reminder for all ROTS Padme costumes Reply with quote

As of November 1st, we are going to be more strict on the ROTS Padme as it relates to the pregnancy issue. We have let a few costumes in where it was clear that the costumer did not appear pregnant. The standards clearly state that the costumer must appear pregnant. That can mean either a fake belly or if you have a bit of extra in the belly department Wink (I know I do not have 6 pack abs Sad ) b/c for a high profile event, it is expected that the ROTS Padme would appear pregnant like in the movie. This is just an FYI and a reminder as we are going to rejudge all costumes shortly for all bases.
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question...in some of the ROTS Padmé gowns, it isn't clear that she's pregnant (i.e.,, she was trying to hide the pregnancy). I've been gathering materials samples for her final Senate appearance gown, where you don't see a "belly" at all; it's volume is designed to hide that.

I'm assuming that in such costumes, there will continue to not be a requirement to look pregnant?
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the gown is big enough to hide a pregnancy, then you do not need to wear the pad. But I think if you look at stuff like the ROTS Purple Senate gown,
http://www.padawansguide.com/padme3/senate/art1.jpg

She def is wearing a hoop skirt and there is no clear belly definition. There are still many ROTS costumes where you can tell she is pregnant, like here: http://www.padawansguide.com/padme3/lavender/bth.jpg

or here: http://www.padawansguide.com/padme3/lightblue/new4.jpg

And since we know the story and the movie has been out for a while, appearing pregnant is a must in a majority of these ROTS Padme costumes.
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. I had planned on using a full crinoline/petticoat under the skirt layers...not too worried about needing a fake belly pad at this point, or at least for a while. Very Happy
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm experimenting with something like this for a show we're doing at the Uni, if anyone has any pointers, please let me know!

Disney's Star Wars Weekends Expert
Graphic Designer, Make-up Artist, Costumer, Singer, Actor, etc.
www.FaceBook.com/MJLolanaK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(For when I'm not pregnant) I just made a flesh-colored pillow that ties around me. I wear a stretchy undergarment sort of thing over it to pull the pillow into a uniform shape and reduce the "pillow look". I think it comes across as pretty convincing. You can see it here:

http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/2008/05/steel-blue-nightgown.html
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to think about for looking pregnant when not is actually getting a pair of the pregnancy type pants with that expanding tummy area. You can then use a small pillow to fill in that area. That is sort of what I used to wear under my nightgown version.

Karen Katich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: