Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=68ed91595657a4113e50db30604c9db5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Shevacon Feb 27th, 28, March 1st 2009, Roanoke VA: Completed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (7)

(1)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
JennFaerealityTue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 amTue Nov 04, 2008 5:46 am
Bouri-PlwelTue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 amTue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 am
tetmatekFri Nov 14, 2008 4:07 amSat Jan 03, 2009 11:55 pm
Koda VonnorTue Dec 09, 2008 12:42 am
6829Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 pm
JediMistressDragonMon Jan 19, 2009 8:07 pm
Atragian KaceThu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 pm
Jon-Ari_KenobiWed Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm
eskyleMon Dec 08, 2008 12:50 am
JadaSat Jan 10, 2009 3:41 pm
ShivanndMon Feb 16, 2009 4:03 am
JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Shevacon Feb 27th, 28, March 1st 2009, Roanoke VA: Completed Reply with quote

Shevacon XVII - February 27th, 28th, and March 1st 2009

Updated 02/20/2009

SheVaCon is named for Shenandoah Valley Convention. It was first held around Staunton, VA - until the attendance grew so much they had to seek out a larger venue. It's now held in Roanoke, VA; and is about to outgrow it's venue once again. For more info, please visit their website below.

http://www.shevacon.org/index.htm

The RL was granted 5 memberships... first come, first served as follows.

1. Rick - Bouri Plwel
2. Eddie - Tetmatek
3. Bill - Koda Vonnor
4. Neil - Aurabesh
5. Craig - Atragian Kace

If more would like to attend we'd love to have you, there is a group rate available.

Group Rates
RL Group Membership rates are $20.00 per person, for 10 members or more. This group rate is for all three (3) days of the con, regardless if you're there the entire time.

Held at the Holiday Inn - Tanglewood in Roanoke, VA 24014
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/roatw;jsessionid=UPMXFBIUHNNU0CTGWA2SJ0QKM0YBCIY4?_requestid=1323242
Last year the hotel sold out pretty quick, and currently, they are 60% booked for the weekend of Shevacon in Feb & March. It is suggested that you reserve your room early. The room rates for Shevacon are $79.00 a night. If you call to reserve the room, be sure to let them know you're reserving as part of Shevacon to receive the special rate. Or if reserving online, use the code "SHE" so they know to give you the rate.
In the event that the hotel does sell out before you are able to reserve your room, please see the Shevacon website for a list of other hotels near by, here: http://www.shevacon.org/SheVaConLocation.htm

Events, Guests, and Other Info...

Media Guest of Honor: Boba Fett himself, Jeremy Bulloch
Art Guest of Honor: Sci-fi Artist Joe Corroney
Writer Guest of Honor: Sci-Fi author Larry Niven
Master of Ceremonies: Spat

The 501st Legion (Garrison Tyrannus has about 24-25 members attending so far, and the Ohio Garrison will have a few members there too, and probably a few others from neighboring Garrisons.)
R2DC Builders
Masters of the Force - MOTF
Mandalorian Mercs

There will be a 'Meet the 501st' and Armor costuming panel, a 'Build a Droid' game for the kids. And much more!

I will be providing the table, and am volunteering to set it up, man it, and break it down. Any help manning the table would be greatly appreciated. I do have a small request for my fellow Legion members. Do you have any props, RL Merch, or anything that would be great for the table display? (I promise that everything will be returned in the same state it was received) I will take care of all printed materials with RL info. Although I will need a RL/FB banner for the table. I can also use my laptop on the table to make a slideshow to display all of our wonderful costumes from everyone in the Legion. Smile

'Meet the Rebel Legion' panel - 10:00AM - 10:50AM

Right now the Legion presentations are being worked on by the LPRO, and proofing/changes are going on. Hopefully it will be done in time for us to use.
Will anyone be here in time to help out with the new time slot for the panel?

If you would like to help out, please send a PM to me (JennFaereality) or send an email to Jenn@Faereality.com

Thanks! Very Happy Amadalia

Jenn

Last edited by JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola) on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:48 am; edited 15 times in total
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to be there as long as it does not interfere with NYCC....I have already committed to attending that

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCC is Feb 6-8 in NYC

If I can arrange my schedule I might be able to come down for a day but not the whole con.
I will let you know more when it gets closer.
Thanks for the heads up Jenn

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It shouldn't interfere with NYCC attendance at all. Smile

Even if you can only make it down for 1 day... Saturday would be THE day to come down. That's where all the action is.

Friday is a half day... starting usually around 5 or 6 pm.

Saturday is all day ( I will have to get more info about the times on Sat.) when they have all of the costuming panels, literary panels, gaming events, and the costume masquarade.

Sunday is mainly all about the art auction.

The Con-Chair only has a few slots left to fill on the schedule, but has offered (if we wish to) for us to be a part of the 'meet and greet' panel, and also to have our own costuming panel if we so desire. We could have a power point presentation on some of the costuming standards to join the RL, and also to show/share how some costumes are constructed, along with props as well. Would anyone like to be a public speaker for the RL costuming panel? The panels usually only last about 45 minutes or so, btw.

Shevacon is still adding and updating their list of events and things... but it looks like this year is going to be HUGE! We have about 4 months to plan everything, but we need to know very very soon if we intend to participate in their panels.

That's about all I have at this moment. I'll be in touch though. Very Happy

Last edited by JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola) on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
F16WarBird

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there.

I even have 3 panels of my very own to host. Evil or Very Mad

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16, would you wanna help with any of the RL stuff if you aren't too busy with the 501st stuff? Smile praying (you don't have to... but a seasoned pro is always nice to have)

Not sure of how much help I'll need... that depends on how many people from the RL that attend.

Right now, they [shevacon] can offer us 5 memberships, if we have 10 or more volunteers... we get the group rate of $20 per person. We need a list of names and the $ by Dec 30th. I have a paypal acct to take up a collection and send to Shevacon.

As for the panels... they need to know ASAP since there aren't many slots left on their schedule matrix. So we need to get this decided immediately....

So who's with me? Amadalia

F16WarBird

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but my time has already been allocated.

Tyranus is my home garrison (yes, I know I live in Pa) and I'm only doing one panel with them. Then there's my panels, which aren't even Star Wars related.

I also obligated myself to either assisting or attending some of my friends' panels.

I just don't have any spare time on the schedule grid.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool F16, I completely understand.

I was just informed today, that the staff at Shevacon need to know if we will have anyone else, besides myself, attending so that we can submit our logos and such for the flyer. They are going to the printers tomorrow (Monday, Nov. 3rd), so that would make today, Sun Nov. 2nd, the deadline.

We don't need a major turnout, but at least 5 members if possible. This is a really fun event, and the kids love it. I have already volunteered to setup and man the table (if we have enough people to require one). Still to be determined, if we have enough members, is a costuming panel... explaining how we make our costumes and props and things. It's a great opportunity to let people know more about what it is that we do, and how we do it.

C'mon guys.... ya gotta give me something, please??? Smile praying

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello out there in Freedom Base Land....Jenn has put out the call to have people attend this convention in February, and I know that this is short notice but she would really like to get 5 of us there to show them a little about the Rebel Legion.
The event is in Roanoke which isnt too far from Richmond and such.
Rick and I are planning on being there at this point.
Is there any way we can get some tentative confirmation for attendance. we only need 3 more
Lets try and help out our local conventions as much as possible.

BTW, Jenn I have a question....you mentioned the 5 memberships if we had 5 in attendance. Would those be a freebie or a reduced cost?

Any other information that you cab give us would be great. Thanks

Joel Webne
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
Hello out there in Freedom Base Land....Jenn has put out the call to have people attend this convention in February, and I know that this is short notice but she would really like to get 5 of us there to show them a little about the Rebel Legion.
The event is in Roanoke which isnt too far from Richmond and such.
Rick and I are planning on being there at this point.
Is there any way we can get some tentative confirmation for attendance. we only need 3 more
Lets try and help out our local conventions as much as possible.

BTW, Jenn I have a question....you mentioned the 5 memberships if we had 5 in attendance. Would those be a freebie or a reduced cost?

Any other information that you cab give us would be great. Thanks

Thanks Joel... I had previously posted about Shevacon back on June 30th, however it was moved into the archives. I posted again once I knew more details and had been in direct contact with the con staff.

The 5 memberships are free for those volunteering for the table and costuming panel, if it's any more than that (10 members or more) they get the group rate of $20 per person, and that counts for all 3 days, regardless if you are there for all 3, or just 1 day.

So far, it's a definite for me attending, and with Rick and Joel currently planning on attending... that puts us at 3 so far... only 2 more are needed, but more are welcome. I can help arrange reservations and things of that sort if needed. The sooner the reservation is made, the cheaper the rates should be. I realize that not everyone has the time and means to come down/up to Roanoke. But it would really make it more of an event if we had some Jedi's, pilots, troopers, and other RL members attending.

There are a few cross members of the 501st/RL that are attending. But I'm assuming that they've already signed up to help with the 501st panels and things. I know that the 501st have been planning for Shevacon for quite some time now... as they have about 25 members confirmed to attend just from Garrison Tyrannus alone, not including neighboring Garrisons. Also, the R2DC builders are coming again for the 2nd year. We're the only ones missing out on all the fun. Sad

Roanoke is off of I-81, about 30-45 minutes from Blacksburg & Christiansburg (where VA Tech is).
From Richmond to Roanoke, it's approx. a 2.5-3 hour drive, and from the DC area, 3.5-4 hour drive. Coming from the south... we're about 2 hours north of Greensboro, NC.

It's really not that far of a drive either way, and it goes by pretty quick. If you need any local info.. please feel free to send me a PM or an email... I'll help in any way that I can. Very Happy Amadalia

Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad I'm not in NC anymore, I remember going to the Rising Star convention held in Roanoke during October a few years back. It was only 2 hours from where I lived then.

Unfortunately, I"m a lot further away now and cant' make it...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base
KJO/Nexus Temple
Docking Bay 94/Mountain Mist Hangar Bay
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charybdis wrote:
too bad I'm not in NC anymore, I remember going to the Rising Star convention held in Roanoke during October a few years back. It was only 2 hours from where I lived then.

Unfortunately, I"m a lot further away now and cant' make it...

It would be nice to have you attend... but I know how it is living farther away. Smile

tetmatek (Eddie Woodmancy)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there too! Bridgette will also be there. I have gone the past couple of years and have had a blast! Very Happy
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that makes 5....
Eddie, are you and Bridgette staying the weekend?

Jenn...I guess we are set for the time being. We will see if anything else transpires with this

Joel Webne
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the info at the top of this thread... please check it out Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: