About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f2c90f5e84efbe7c1a7f13cf130c68bbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Need a Han Solo ANH Belt and custom Holster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Need a Han Solo ANH Belt and custom Holster Reply with quote

please move to another thread if there already exisits one that I haven't seen.

Hi folks I'm a mainly Jedi kinda guy but I've been thinking about getting a Han Solo ANH. I have belt for the pants, the pants and vest boots and a blaster.

Now I need the gunbelt itself and the holster which may have to changed from a standard one as I have a han blaster that is a Tomy toy I believe.

Now I've seen a lot of good belts out there and where I usually get my belts from sells and does great stuff but for his Han belt which has a standard holster it's 300 USD Now normally yeah I'd be ok there but I have a feeling I could get one for possibly cheapier then that.

So if anyone out there makes Han Belts and holsters or knows a place where I could go it would be appreciated

Thanks

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snowman (Rob Howes)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a Han Solo Belt & Holster from Costumebase.
Well under $300. Less than $100 actually. I wasn't quit sure of what I'd be getting for that price, but I was pleased with the quality.
You can usually find them on EBAY.
Size Medium
http://cgi.ebay.com/Han-Solo-Blaster-Belt-holster-Pouch-set-costume-M-SW_W0QQitemZ180211774033QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Size Large
http://cgi.ebay.com/Han-Solo-Blaster-Belt-holster-Pouch-set-costume-L-SW_W0QQitemZ360018822187QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Size Extra Large
http://cgi.ebay.com/Han-Solo-Blaster-Belt-holster-Pouch-set-costume-XL-SW_W0QQitemZ180211774197QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

CorellianExports.com offers the Tools that go in the belt pouches.
ANH & ROTJ
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CostumeBase ones aren't real leather, of course.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, that's why they're not crazy expensive.
Looks good enough to troop in though.
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aston Synn is someone you may want to hit up, if you haven't already.

His website was hacked, so it is down. He suggests checking out his myspace page for regular updates on his stuff.
http://www.myspace.com/nyghtcraft

Or you can email him here: nyghtcraft@hotmail.com

He is a master craftsman with the leather. I am sure he can hook you up!

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the soft parts from Costume Base but yeah the belt and holster from there won't work, I want real leather and while the stuff they have is pretty good is won't work for my Han. The blaster will not fit in that holster.

Aarons stuff seems ok, but has he made a Han Solo gunbelt and holster before?, I'm looking for someone with previous expereince making this particular item.

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wanting to say that Ashton has made the various hero belts in the past. The only way to know would be to email him and see...

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. If anyone else has any other options or has made it please feel free to post.

'JASON' Detachment
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This holster cost me 65$ to have made.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w255/Nedanun/ESB%20Han%20Solo/ESBSolo-005.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w255/Nedanun/ESB%20Han%20Solo/ESBSolo-002.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w255/Nedanun/ESB%20Han%20Solo/ESBSolo-001.jpg

The belt is made from 9 Oz leather hide. I had a friend make my first one ( the one in the pics ). Do not be afraid to ask people in the biz to help you. We are on a personal friendship basis with out local Tandy leather guy. They have guys who work for dirt cheapwho are always looking for stuff to do they go there. If you bring in pics he may be able to make or have someone make it for you.

To buy it from someone who is not able to fit you properly will leave you hanging( no pun intended). I have seen alot of belts that do not fit very well on fellow costomers. If you wanna look the part... it has to fit you!

My Buckle is solid steal at least 1/8 in. thick. The backside of the buckle I have weilded nails to hold the metal clips, and steal hooks to attach the belt closed, just like in the movie! The buckles cost maybe 10 dollars to make both buckles.. maybe less. I was able to design the buckles so they could be reversable ( front to back ) so I could swap them out.. depending on the movie costume I wear! I took the metal buckles ( allready cut frum a steal cutter drumel ) to my local Midas shop. Those guys where so excited about what I was doing they weilded my buckles... for free!

I love my holster and am in the works to making a new one for a back up. I am able to wear a heavy Denix, or my hand made Greedo killer ...and not worry about my belt falling apart. I would say I can do a full run with it, but people who know me that would be a lie... I am too lazy to run. To pay someone 300$ to have it made and sent to you ( and maybe not fit!) is crazy expensive when it costs maybe 50-75$ in materials.

I know you may think making your own buckle/ belt is out of the question, but if you just take the time to ask the right people... you will find out how easy it really is.

If you have questions send me a PM, we can chat about this more if you are really interested.

Bob
Felgercarb (David Hayes)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one sweet rig, PM sent.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have sent a PM

'JASON' Detachment
defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The costume base holster won't fit a toy and has to be modified to fit a Mauser based blaster.

Unless you make the holster yourself or get someone to help you out as a favor or something, there's not much of a chance of picking up a full leather rig for much less than $300.

I looked around for a couple years contacting everyone I could find that did Han holsters and the cheapest I found was $275.

I think they are just a pain in the butt with the wet molding and sourcing the buckles.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I would craft one is if it was done in person. I am one of those people who believe in helping people with costumes... kind of what the RL is all about. Me and my wife have costuming/ armor parties 2-3 times a month for the local RL and 501 members. What we do is actually get the people who want the props to help in the construction of the items.. so they get the feeling of what its like to make your own costume! In return we provide the knowledge and charge nothing unless I produce the materials. so if your ever in the Midwest... stop on by and we may be able to help yah, otherwise all I can do is advise at this point. I really do not want to do this for a living... may take the fun out of it. Smile

Bob
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so it looks like the person I was planning to buy from mp seems to be no longer making replica belts for anything star wars...which is sad, So now I'm back to square one. I knwo there are alot of you guys out there. Is there anyone I can have an e-mail addy for that makes these please

'JASON' Detachment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: