About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4e224bd32409a3df39044f890a8fdde2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Command Contact Info (2008-2009)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Base Command Contact Info (2008-2009) Reply with quote

CO: gandalfbmg (Bart German)
XO: Drago Lordist (Steve Schaeperkoetter)

BRO: GsWookie(Sarah German)
Webmaster: Vacant

Squad Leaders:
35th SOC (RAID Detachment): Var Pallo (Bobby Heitz)
Dantari Temple (KotJO Detachment): jedimaster_wast (Kevin Brower)

Regional Captains:
Southwest MO (Springfield/Branson): Var Pallo (Bobby Heitz)
Northwest MO (Kansas City): Cmndr Falken (Tony Pierce)
Eastern MO (St. Louis): Truc Llifnats (Curt Stanfill)
Central MO (Columbia/Jeff City): oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins)
North-Central KS (Topeka): Vacant
Southern KS (Whichita): Vacant

Last edited by gandalfbmg (Bart German) on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the interest of keeping the thread clutter free, here's a new post to introduce and talk about what's above.

First, I would like to thank Norm and Bradley for all their hard work over the last couple years. They led the formation of the base and encouraged us to embrace our new identity. I have ambitious plans for us, but everything I do is but building on what they started. Thanks guys!

And so without further ado, I would like to introduce our new command staff for the upcoming year. The post at the top has been updated to include this information in its digest form.

Executive Officer (XO) -- Steve Schaeperkoeter
Steve is a multi-talented costumer who belongs to nearly every fan group imaginable. He's served this last year as our BMO and I think his broad range of knowledge will serve him well as XO. He'll continue with his BMO duties this year as well.

Regional Captains:
I want to reintroduce the regional captain concept to our base. We are only two states, but they are rural and spread with several small metro areas providing our centers of activity. I want a person in each of these centers acting as my surrogate in finding and running events and finding and recruiting new members. In the situations where they share a city with the XO or CO, they will serve as that person's right hand for local matters.

Northwest MO/Northeast KS (Kansas City): Tony Pierce
Tony is a long-time member of the Kansas City FanForce and 70th Explorers. For years he has had an open invitation to his home for working on any and all costume/prop projects which has guided so many fans in the KC area into the different costuming groups, and brought his Tusken and Jawa skills to Dantooine Base this last year.

Southwest MO (Springfield): Bobby Heitz
Bobby's friendly and enthusiastic work in organizing the creation of our base's trooper squad will serve him well as he now will help the XO in his area, and as he takes the Squad Leader duties.

East MO (St. Louis): Curt Stanfill
Curt is the current CO of our 501st counterparts, the 70th explorers. His leadership experience will serve us well as we work to expand our presence in the easternmost reaches of the base.

North-central KS (Topeka): Open

South KS (Wichita): Open

Central MO (Columbia/Jeff City): Open

Both our base's squads have leaders that were instrumental in creating their squads last year, and I expect nothing but more good things to continue from them this year. Bobby I mentioned above and Kevin, well I'm sorry to say I haven't worked with him much yet, and have only met him once, so I don't have a nice little bio (I'm working on getting my Jedi KotJO approved this year as yet another goal, so hopefully that'll remedy this).

Dantari Temple Master: Kevin Brower
35th SOC Squad Leader: Bobby Heitz

Where has the PR Officer position gone? Well, I believe we're ALL PR officers. You don't need an office or title to contribute, so if you have something to say or some way to help out, just let us know!

Congrats all; I look forward to working with you all, and everyone please stay tuned for news and developments. And if you'd like to volunteer to fill in one of the 'vacant' spots above, please contact me, and also, if you just want to help out with ANYTHING, please feel free to drop me a message anytime with your ideas.

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been lucky to 'rediscover' a long lost member from Columbia, MO, and in our conversations he's agreed to serve as our Regional Captain for Mid-MO (Columbia/Jeff City areas). So please welcome oba-winn8403 (Ben Watkins) to the Dantooine Base command staff! Some of you that've been here a lot longer than me may remember him as the guy who proposed to his soon-to-be-wife in front of the whole Legion at the Celebration III picture (I was probably sleeping off the previous night's partying so I missed it).

He's excited about bringing in new members to the Legion in that area (What costumes would your wife like? It's always easiest to start at home), so let's all welcome him back and wish him the best of luck!

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUe to the recent charter amendment that has changed the Base Membership Officer (BMO) position to be instead Base Recruitment Officer (BRO), and making it so that the position cannot be held by the base's CO or XO, Steve is remaining XO and I'd like to welcome a new member of the leadership team as BRO: Sarah, GsWookie.

Sarah has a lot of experience as a leader in various fan groups and is very organized, and has always been a great chearleader and welcoming prescence for new and potential members, making her the ideal choice for this new role.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: