About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1365cc59b1d2a528f1a56459c71f8ec8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Nomi Sunrider?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varza (Alyson)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Nomi Sunrider? Reply with quote

I was wondering if Nomi Sunrider is considered an accepted RL costume?

501stCast
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, yeah. There are a few in the Legion already.

One is in your own Base.
raise eyebrows
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen her in our base. I know we have a Mara Jade. Its kinda daunting to look through over 55 pages of costumes. I really wish we had a better way of looking up characters and base members.

The other question is are both versions accepted or just one?

501stCast
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Lars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori, were you thinking of this one?
That green Mara Jade costume looks just like Nomi Sunrider's. They are easy to mix up.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm an idiot. Rolling Eyes I don't know why I was forgetting that was Mara Jade. Embarassed

I thought we had a Nomi Sunrider costume somewhere.

I'm planning one, even bought fabric for it, but when my weight ballooned up again, I abanded the idea for the time being.

I'm not going to say which version I'm doing. I'm taking some liberties on her cloak, since I've seen her wear both green and gold colors.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one, just not in Mountain Base.
It is marked Informal/non-canon, however. I don't know why, or if it should.

I have seen a girl in Denmark with a green Mara Jade outfit also. At first I had thought she had done Nomi Sunrider. (We will try to recruit her.)

I almost expected you to have got started on a Nomi Sunrider costume, Lori. Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's actually one of my favorite female EU Jedi. The only comic books I have, have her in them. Issues 1-3 of "Tales of the Jedi-Dark Lords of the Sith" Very Happy
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of at least three different Nomi costumes...

In one she's wearing a white shirt and green cape... sorry about the picture, I have a better one somewhere... I'll have to look on my backup drive...

In this one, she's at the convocation of Jedi at Exis Station:

And this one is pretty awesome...

I like the Exis Station one, but I'm leaning towards the last one...

There may be green in them, but they are not all that much like my Mara Jade... Mara's wearing a dress and Nomi's wearing trousers & has a cape...

Yes, Varza and I are in the same base, but we're not in the same state! Not likely we will ever see each other...
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's a better picture....

She's wearing a white shirt, green pants and a green cape with no hood...
varza (Alyson)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another one of her Granny-Wan where she wears a green skirt and top.

I am going for the bottom one as well. I just don't know if there are enough reference shots of her in one particular costume so that is maybe why she is informal?

And maybe one day we will get to see each other but with having 4 large states in our base its hard.

501stCast
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varza wrote:
There is another one of her Granny-Wan where she wears a green skirt and top.

I am going for the bottom one as well. I just don't know if there are enough reference shots of her in one particular costume so that is maybe why she is informal?

And maybe one day we will get to see each other but with having 4 large states in our base its hard.

I thought the Exis Station one would be easier, but what fun would that be? Very Happy

I think you are right about the references, since she's only in the comic books... do they have to be from three different sources? I got Mara Jade approved as Formal, but I found three different sources, so I don't know if that made a difference or not.

That last one I posted could be a skirt... and I know there's a version where she wears a green skirt and a bare midriff top, but I'll leave that to you younger girls... Laughing
varza (Alyson)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am so skipping the bare middriff - I don't want to scare anyone Very Happy

501stCast
varza (Alyson)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am going to make this costume. Since I don't think that it is possible for her to be a formal character, I guess she would informal?

501stCast
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Exis Station one too. I say go for it. Would it be considered formal even under the generic jedi standards??? Jut wondering.
varza (Alyson)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know will have to checck it out.

501stCast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: