Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c7cd37c79e13b04a04adb9eb4e499178Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Vanguard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrocHunter ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Vanguard Battlefront I costume version was already described enough, I made several reference pictures for the Battlefront II version.
I do not intend to do the costume, but I made it for anyone interested in an informal Battlefront II Vanguard costume Smile.
(I'm sorry if there is some language mistake, english is not my native language)

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4319/popiska2.png
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1683/popiska.png
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4059/popiska3.png
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5633/popisky4.png

If you would need more reference pictures, feel free to ask me.
The tropical jacket could be maybe replaced by a M42 jumpsuit jacket wich have a apropriate color.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump....I am referencing this thread...so I don't want it archived at this time..

Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Rebel Legion Webteam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also plan on submitting this costume shortly as well -- ran with it (mostly completed) at a local con and figured I might as well get it registered. Just have to season my gloves with olive oil and I'll have submission pics in.

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time there is no costume standard for the Rebel Vanguard...
and if you read further back, this costume still is not considered a formal costume...

The 3 Rebel Vanguards that are currently in the roster were submitted years ago when there was a designation called "informal" and you will note that if you click into those costumes...they are listed as "informal".

that "informal" designation that is no longer available.

Wink

Rebel Legion Webteam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew the previous entries were informal, but I wasn't aware that the informal status has been disbanded. Gotta head by the briefing room more often.

I'm happy to be a part of any discussion regarding the Vanguard as I've had it on my list for years, and I have both Battlefront I and II. I've decided to get this costume finished, and I'm very close according to the previous draft, so if I can help create the standard and get approved that would be great.

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the wording from the charter re: costumes

The Rebel Legion maintains two types of costume distinctions: Formal and Informal. The Informal status is no longer used or granted to costumes beginning June 27, 2014.

Informal: This is a defunct classification for costumes which the legion ceased to use as of June 27, 2014. Active and Reserve Rebel legion members who maintain an “informal” costume in their profile may continue to use the costume for select events (see Article VIII: Costume Event Standards A. Official Rebel Legion Events. Members are highly encouraged to resubmit their informal costumes for re-approval to full status.

Costumes approved by the Rebel Legion include, but is not limited to, costumes seen in films (created/produced/distributed) by Lucasfilm, LLC/Disney, comics, books, games, television shows and other source material from licensed LFL/Disney based on the Star Wars saga.
*These costumes include any character from the Star Wars universe, regardless of what LFL/Disney has declared as “canon”, as long as there are proper reference images for the creation of the costume (see requirements for costume references below).

Costume Standards listed in the Costume Standards Master List are meant to be used as a guide for building Rebel Legion approved costumes, and are used by our Legion Costume Judges as a starting point for judging a costume for Rebel Legion membership. The Costume Standards of the Rebel Legion are not meant to be an all inclusive list of components and/or a completely detailed description of costume components required for Rebel Legion membership. In addition to using the costume standards as a starting point for judging costumes, costumes are also judged by comparing them to the source material (that is, the costumes seen in the costumes of the Star Wars universe.
Costumes eligible for Rebel Legion membership, that do not have written/posted costume standards must include:
1. Two or more images, head to toe, showing the front and back of the costume being created OR a 360-degree head-to-toe turnaround of the character.
2. Additional images may be included to show detail of the costume being created.
3. Resource material may come from any LFL/Disney licensed sources for the character/costume being created.
4. Additional costume details may come from a detailed text-based description, but must have an accompanying visual reference to be considered for creating a Rebel Legion approved costume.
5. For video games: Player generated/edited costumes for game characters (those that are customizable) are not eligible for consideration for Rebel Legion membership.

Costumes that are prevalent in the Star Wars universe, that are iconic and include costume components that are readily recognized as belonging to that character class are eligible for Rebel Legion membership. Costumes Standards that allow for some variability include (but are not necessarily limited to): Generic Jedi, X-Wing Pilots, Generic Wookiees. For these costumes, there are a set number of components that are commonly seen with each character, but there is enough variability seen from character to character to allow for a small degree of customization.

Rebel Legion Webteam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefront I Vanguard

(click thumbnails to enlarge)

Uses same 3d model as Endor trooper, but recolored and given a new helmet to look more like an "earthy" Rebel Fleet trooper. This explains why the vest covers the shoulders and ends at the waist, as it is essentially a black ERT vest.

Strict observation:
    RFT Helmet
    Light Gray long-sleeve shirt
      pointed collar
      fastens down the center with hidden closure

Black ERT vest
      Seam on top right shoulder where yoke normally is
      four cargo pockets on main chest area, 2 on each side
      no pockets in back

Brown leather gloves, small flared cuff
    Light brown pants, no cargo pockets
    Olive-drab canvas belt with olive-drab pouches
      (small pouch on right front hip, medium one slung on left hip, and small one on back-right hip)
      No holster

Black boots. No laces showing.
    Gray gaiters with tan strap on top

Weapons:
    HH-15 Rocket Launcher
    DL-44 w/ silver muzzle
    thermal detonators
    Endor Rebel rifle in pre-production pic, not actually seen in-game

I got wondering if the vest was really intended to look like an ERT vest with the shoulder caps and waist length, or if they were just lazy and had always intended it to be a RFT vest with no shoulders and a below-belt length, but didn't want to change the 3d geometry. I happened to stumble onto an old post in the Millenium Falcon Gunner thread where I noticed the uncanny similarities between one type of gunner crew and the BFI Vanguard:

Kievan Mereel wrote:
Now that computer analysis of the images shows that the "Demolitions" variant has a separate no-button shirt and pants, it reminds me of the "Rebel Vanguard" heavy weapons trooper from Battlefront I. I think they're supposed to be the same uniform, except that in the game they made the jacket black to look more like the Rebel Fleet Trooper. I always wondered why it extended over the shoulders, when the RFT of course does not. If they started with our "Demolitions" trooper as the source then did a simple recolor it makes perfect sense. Even the belt pouches match.

I am now doubly convinced that the BFI Rebel Vanguard was intended to be the Millenium Falcon "Demolitions" costume with a simple helmet-swap. It makes sense from the role in the game. The CRL I've listed above is the same for both except that the Vanguard has a green belt and pouches, and the vest is obviously black with RFT-style pouches on it. We have learned from the Blu-ray screencaps that the Falcon Demolitions is more a weathered beige shirt than a light gray shirt, but the collar and hidden closure are the same. We also know the vest is not black but it seems that way from the above screenshot, but they are both an ERT vest.

Action Figure Vanguard

The action figure muddies the waters, but we know they often do as they retool existing figures.

According to RebelScum.com (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC53vanguard.asp):
"Rebel Vanguard Trooper is a repaint of 2006's TSC Endor Rebel Trooper. This time around, he is wearing the vest from the POTJ Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV Defender) and the helmet from Captain Antilles (Tantive IV Invasion). He also comes with the rocket launcher from the Star Wars: Battlefront II Droid Pack."
So just like the actual game model, this is heavily based off of the Endor Rebel Trooper.

One interesting point is that the card has a photo-realistic illustration of the character which clearly shows a RFT style vest with no shoulder caps.

Strict observation:
    RFT helmet
    White/cream long-sleeve shirt
      coarse or casual weave
      crew or small band collar
      no closure (pull over)

Olive-green bandoleer slung over shoulder
      with 5 grenades
      metal greeblie/grenade on clavicle

Black RFT vest
    Brown leather gloves
      small cuff
      brown communicator wristband on left wrist

Brown pants
      with cargo pockets

Olive-green canvas belt
      silver roll-buckle
      olive green holster
      small olive green pouch on right front hip
      small olive green pouch on right back hip
      medium olive green pouch on left back hip

Black boots
      Laces SHOWING

Gray gaiters
      strap same color as gaiters on figure, but tan on back of card photo

Weapons:
    BAW E-60R Missile Launcher (Battle droid launcher)
    DH-17 Blaster

This is all for now. I'm not sure if we need two different standards for this based off of the game and the figure, or if we would combine them with options. I also don't know how this would affect the Falcon Gunner/Demolitions CRL. Let me know your thoughts.
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to reiterate what the LMO stated previously, with content to the characters from games that are customizable or player-created via gameplay:

Here is the wording from the charter re: costumes

The Rebel Legion maintains two types of costume distinctions: Formal and Informal. The Informal status is no longer used or granted to costumes beginning June 27, 2014.

Informal: This is a defunct classification for costumes which the legion ceased to use as of June 27, 2014. Active and Reserve Rebel legion members who maintain an “informal” costume in their profile may continue to use the costume for select events (see Article VIII: Costume Event Standards A. Official Rebel Legion Events. Members are highly encouraged to resubmit their informal costumes for re-approval to full status.

Costumes approved by the Rebel Legion include, but is not limited to, costumes seen in films (created/produced/distributed) by Lucasfilm, LLC/Disney, comics, books, games, television shows and other source material from licensed LFL/Disney based on the Star Wars saga.
*These costumes include any character from the Star Wars universe, regardless of what LFL/Disney has declared as “canon”, as long as there are proper reference images for the creation of the costume (see requirements for costume references below).

Costume Standards listed in the Costume Standards Master List are meant to be used as a guide for building Rebel Legion approved costumes, and are used by our Legion Costume Judges as a starting point for judging a costume for Rebel Legion membership. The Costume Standards of the Rebel Legion are not meant to be an all inclusive list of components and/or a completely detailed description of costume components required for Rebel Legion membership. In addition to using the costume standards as a starting point for judging costumes, costumes are also judged by comparing them to the source material (that is, the costumes seen in the costumes of the Star Wars universe.
Costumes eligible for Rebel Legion membership, that do not have written/posted costume standards must include:
1. Two or more images, head to toe, showing the front and back of the costume being created OR a 360-degree head-to-toe turnaround of the character.
2. Additional images may be included to show detail of the costume being created.
3. Resource material may come from any LFL/Disney licensed sources for the character/costume being created.
4. Additional costume details may come from a detailed text-based description, but must have an accompanying visual reference to be considered for creating a Rebel Legion approved costume.
5. For video games: Player generated/edited costumes for game characters (those that are customizable) are not eligible for consideration for Rebel Legion membership.

The end question is, as a non gamer, is this a player-created, changeable, customizable character?
Rebel Legion Webteam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a customizable character. It's appearance is not able to be changed by the player in the Battlefront 1 and 2 games that all our reference material has come from.

It does have a certain look in each game (RFT in BF1 and a Rebel tech in BF2) and does have some variation based on map in BF2, which falls in the same category as the desert trooper you've been working towards.

The characters in Battlefront Renegade and Elite are player customizable but the reference material down in the thread so far is not from those games.
Rebel Legion Webteam

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found that the Rebel Vanguard is a character in the Star Wars: Commander mobile game. It seems to be based off of the action figure, due to the BattleDroid launcher, white shirt, RFT vest, bandolier, and cargo pouches on the tan pants.

http://www.star-wars-commander.com/rebel/rebel-vanguard

G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats the one Phyllis did
MacRican ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, i like that Star Wars Commander Version of the Vanguard. all you need to do is change out your pants and maybe do the shirt differently (collar-wise). nice.

Sgt. Rook, RFT
Squad Leader
Rishi Maze Runners-RAID

"Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES!"

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumping.....

navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"brown pants" is a little vague. It needs to read "light brown or tan with no cargo pockets."

Works in Progress:Kal Skirata, vaporator prop

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....
things we know for sure:

Rebel Vanguard is NOT a customizable character in Battlefront...therefore it CAN be considered for formal status.

There has been an action figure released....generally, however, action figures are considered the least valid form of reference.

That being said....
now it is time to discuss a standard.....
make a standard....
set it up for voting....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: