Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7ff578c6669ccd4ae3ea9123dccc37a9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Covertech clips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stomp (Adrian Arcega)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Covertech clips Reply with quote

I've been looking around the Net where i can get a bunch of covertech clips for our outpost here in Manila, but I'm not sure which ones are legit or are still up.

So far I've seen these:

http://www.swbeltclip.com/

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Jedi-Lightsaber-Covertech-Clip-only-2-S-H_W0QQitemZ360083497036QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Any other "agents"? Preferably selling cheaper, of course. Wink
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine at the Custom Saber Shop about 2 years ago. Don't know about shipping to your area, but here's the link in case you'd like to inquire:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Covertec-Clip-P117.aspx

And since I sometimes like to give unsolicited advice Laughing , let me pass on a WONDERFUL tip someone gave me...

After clipping the Covertec over your belt, secure the clip thing on the inside of your belt with a piece of black tape. It will save your lightsaber from an untimely mishap someday! (I tape the food capsules, too... keeps them nice and straight.)

Good luck on your search. Very Happy
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kryy Jacobi wrote:

And since I sometimes like to give unsolicited advice Laughing , let me pass on a WONDERFUL tip someone gave me...

After clipping the Covertec over your belt, secure the clip thing on the inside of your belt with a piece of black tape. It will save your lightsaber from an untimely mishap someday! (I tape the food capsules, too... keeps them nice and straight.)

You mean, a piece of tape on the back of the belt, holding the back clip part on more securely??
Good idea. Thanks.

And, yes, TCSS has covertec clips, its like, 13 $ i believe.
I just got one from then a few months ago.
Its nice.
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kryy Jacobi wrote:

Good advice. They did those for the belts in the film as well.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good advise, I had not thought about doing that. One more item to add to the costume tote: electrical tape.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it's not movie canon, I find it more practical to clip my Covertec to the smaller belt, since those clips aren't meant for such wide belts that we Jedi use.

I just put a couple rivets on either side to reinforce the smaller belt so that it can handle the weight of my saber, and add other rivets around the rest of the belt as part of the design, one of the nice things about making your own belt for a generic Jedi.
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: