About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=03d9213e6f8defbd9dd398262bf76a8cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Nomination thread: Naboo Outpost CO

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost -> Naboo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Nomination thread: Naboo Outpost CO Reply with quote

This is the nomination thread for commander of Naboo Outpost. According to the Rebel Legion charter, nominations may be made starting 12:01 A.M. EST September 8th and continue until 11:59 P.M. EST, September 19th.

All nominations must be seconded. A member may nominate themselves but that will require a second and third nomination. Standing officers must post their desire to seek another term or decline to seek another term (no response is considered a decline). No second is required for standing officers.

If no nominations are made for a particular office by 11:59 P.M. EST September 19th, then the officers holding these positions will remain in office. If a standing Outpost or Base Commander does not seek another term and no nominations are made for that unit, the XO must accept or decline being promoted to CO. If the XO declines (no response is considered a decline) then the Legion Council is empowered to appoint a new CO or to consider having the unit absorbed into a neighboring unit due to lack of leadership.

NOTE: If your outpost’s nomination process is occurring off site, please post a link to that thread here and make sure it is viewable by the council and CoG.

ACCEPTED: Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)

Last edited by hofmann (Matt Hofmann) on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to run for CO again Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate myself for the position of CO Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember wrote:
I'd like to nominate myself for the position of CO Smile

Great news Ember - just a quick reminder then that...
hofmann wrote:
A member may nominate themselves but that will require a second and third nomination.

Rebel Legion Council Emeritus : Base Command Liaison Officer - 2007/08
Rebel Legion UK Emeritus : Commanding Officer - 2005 to 2009
Farra Sti (Andrea Stout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"m quite happy with the job Kristy is doing. Perhaps Hayley you can tell us what you'd bring to the position?
Ember ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farra Sti wrote:
I"m quite happy with the job Kristy is doing. Perhaps Hayley you can tell us what you'd bring to the position?

This isn't the place to be posting statements, but one of the things I'd like to do is get in touch with and support more charity groups Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for the official side of things but I'd like to think those putting their hand up could have the chance to express what they'd like to do with the role Very Happy Those who have already been in the role have got their past work to stand by them after all Very Happy

I like the idea of more charity events Very Happy This is why I attended the Special Children's Christmas party last year and will again this year, it would be nice to see more RL (and O42) people at the next one Wink It's amazing.

Anyway, back to the nominations Very Happy
Ember ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, a few more points Smile

* Raise our public awareness through promotional material, posters and flyers;
* Work with the O42 CO to arrange official combined RL-501st troops;
* Actively search out trooping opportunities;
* Make sure all members are well aware of troop details and be able to contact them if changes are made on short-notice
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Im loving the enthusiasm to support the RL here, theres really no need to have a 'manifesto' in the nomination stages guys...once people have been nominated, the process followed, criteria met and (crucially) the nomination accepted...then those who are succesfully put forward for the role of CO may choose themselves to do that (if they wish) at the next stage - voting.

Once the CO is appointed, they may then choose their XO and other command team members.

I hope that this helps....please feel free to PM Matt P (Gotwookie) (who is overseing the elections as interim Captain of the Guard) or I'll try myself if it helps as Base Command Liasion, if anyone has any questions.

Back on topic to nominations. Very Happy

neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure a manifesto is being asked for here Wink But given nominations require backing of two people it would be nice to know why someone is choosing to offer to take on the role. Otherwise why require a nomination be seconded and a self nomination thirded? It just seems fair for someone to have the chance to say what they'd like to do or can bring to the role . It only helps get more support not lessen it. If there is a more appropriate place to do so.. all for that. New thread? Then these posts can be transfered over to it?

Off to hunt out all the info as I'm not sure when voting starts and ends. I'm away for a week after nominations end.
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:
Off to hunt out all the info as I'm not sure when voting starts and ends. I'm away for a week after nominations end.

Here you go...hope this helps. All the info about elections and voting.

http://www.rebellegion.com/about_charter.php#6

We havent strictly got an 'election forum' going on here just yet, but feel free to post up something in the Outpost area if you like...it just keeps things tidy.

Quote:
Nominations for offices may be made starting 12:01 A.M. EST September 8th of each year and continue until 11:59 P.M. EST, September 19th. September 20th through September 29th are reserved for candidate Question and Answer (Q&A) sessions. Members may post questions for the candidates to answer. On September 30th candidates will post final statements. Voting will begin on 12:01 A.M. EST October 1st through 11:59 P.M. EST October 14th, after which no more votes will be accepted.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost -> Naboo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: