About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9d3e17abfec5bc20ab2462069ed9f314Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

AZ - Costume/Pilot Workday (Sept. 27th)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: AZ - Costume/Pilot Workday (Sept. 27th) Reply with quote

I know an email went out already but a thread never hurts as a reminder...

There are several members working on Pilot costumes at the moment so this is going to be a duel Costume/Pilots workday.

Saturday, September 27
Cranson Upholstery
2127 S. Priest Dr. Suite 402
Tempe, AZ 85282
1p-5 ish

For those of you who have not been, its really the perfect place to work on any kind of costume....over-sized tables, sewing machines, and lots of workspace. We usually end up having SW playing on a tv in the background and some snacks as well. Please mark your calendars and begin gathering what materials you can.

We will see what kind of progress is made on the costumes and base our next workday date on that. Of course, this is open to anyone who needs to work on any costume, not just pilots, or anyone who just feels like coming down and hanging out! Your expertise may be needed! We can be there later than 5 if we need to be, maybe catching a dinner break at the Denny's behind the shop afterwards!

Hope to see you there! Very Happy
StarSkywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this thread on the 501st boards since there is some interest there on the pilot costumes. I will be there.

Cindy
thatsMISTERwookiee (Jack Smith)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to be a wet blanket wookiee raining on people's parades, but Sept. 27th was chosen a couple of weeks ago for the DSG meeting up in Phoenix, so I don't know how many DSG members that are interested,and some are interested, in RL pilot uniforms will be able to attend this. Crying or Very sad
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatsMISTERwookiee wrote:
Hate to be a wet blanket wookiee raining on people's parades, but Sept. 27th was chosen a couple of weeks ago for the DSG meeting up in Phoenix, so I don't know how many DSG members that are interested,and some are interested, in RL pilot uniforms will be able to attend this. Crying or Very sad

Hmm, I think this happened the last time too. Well what time is the meeting?

thatsMISTERwookiee (Jack Smith)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Solo wrote:
thatsMISTERwookiee wrote:

Hmm, I think this happened the last time too. Well what time is the meeting?

Noon.
Sand Dancer (Brenda Cranson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If y'all want to come after you can. It's a drop in/drop out kind of thing. The shop is right off the I-10 and only a block and a half from the 60. Even if your DSG meeting goes 2 hours, you could hook up with us by 2:30 or 3 if you were so inclined. woo hoo

"You smell like dead bunnies." -Ralph Wiggum
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this "meeting" is more of a "party". Razz

But yes please do come by, we will be there until at least 5 which is more than enough time to ask questions and start working on something!

Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump Dance Chewie
Rd maul ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I may come out to this after the dsg meeeting, one question I am positively horrible with a sewing machine and I need to work on the inner blazer for my joker costume I need to change the lining can anyone help me?
VegaWolf (Nichole)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I work on Saturdays and I get off at 3:15 so I don't know if I'd be able to make it for very long. And unfortunately my slave leia "kit" will still be on its way so I have nothing to work on as of yet.

Ryan, I suggest asking Brenda about that. She's pretty skilled with that sewing machine and she helped me with my old Leia skirts and was the one that sewed Josh's tabbards together. She's your best bet. Smile
Rd maul ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Brenda wil you pretty please help me? I need to go to Joanns to get the right fabric for the lining! I also may be doing a little weathering on the Purple coat, pants, shirt so it has that "lived in" look to it.
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd maul wrote:
Yay Brenda wil you pretty please help me? I need to go to Joanns to get the right fabric for the lining! I also may be doing a little weathering on the Purple coat, pants, shirt so it has that "lived in" look to it.

I can't say for sure but I'm sure she can help you out. Bring fabric and sewing machine thread. Wink
Sand Dancer (Brenda Cranson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yay Brenda wil you pretty please help me?

Hah hah. Yes, of course!

Wink Especially since Joel and Nicole have already volunteered me. Wink

No problem. I'll bring my machine. I have a serger also, if you want pieces serged you will need to get three spools of serger thread as well. (Also called overlock thread)

(In case you don't know what serging is- look at the inside of the hem at the bottom of your t-shirt. See that nice zig-zagged stitch?- That's what a serger does. Keeps the edges neat.)

Anyway- Lemme know and I can bring it, too.

"You smell like dead bunnies." -Ralph Wiggum
Blazshtaliar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i'm going to try my best to make it, because i have some repairs that need to be done to my Belt, Boots, and my sash.

Help would be much appreciated Mr. Green

There is no emotion, there is only Peace.

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your improv, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman. -Joel
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have an X Wing helmet on the way that will probably need some tweaking and painting and my flightsuit is starting to take shape so thats what I plan on working on. Brenda I'm going to also pick your brain a bit on what materials you are using for the officers uniform, I'd like to work on that one a bit as well in the near future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: