About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ec82bd236eda9eef63bd411be4a7d03aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

I dont wanna spend money on bad items, please check.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CostumeBase costumes have been discussed many times over, especially the Anakin tunic set on the Anakin forums.

I owned the Anakin costume set when I first started, and it's great for the price but in the long run, it won't serve you well. It'll look great on you when you first put it on in the comfort of your room and in front of your mirror. But it will quickly fall apart during events or if you have any sort of physical activity because there are not enough secure points in the costume to keep it closed and together. Most event-goers here have figured that out and have enclosed velcro at key points in their costume to maintain the consistency of their tunics during day-long events.

Yes, we have approved these costumes by applicants applying as generic Jedi. For those who wanted to apply as the actual hero characters, they were required to do some major improvements to them to the point where they would have been better off investing the money up front on a good set rather than spending the money on upgrades on the tail end.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubber boots are nice - when it has been pouring rain for 4 days and you are living in the woods (aka have to walk out in it to get anywhere - meals, bed etc - all the time) but they do get very hot and uncomfortable and we carry extra sneakers with us when we do resort to them to change into as soon as we reach our destinations - be it the boathouse or any other "building" that we will be hanging out at for more than 5 - 10 minutes. So if you can avoid having to buy them I would suggest it for your feet's sake!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padme of Hidden Lake wrote:
Rubber boots are nice - when it has been pouring rain for 4 days and you are living in the woods (aka have to walk out in it to get anywhere - meals, bed etc - all the time) but they do get very hot and uncomfortable and we carry extra sneakers with us when we do resort to them to change into as soon as we reach our destinations - be it the boathouse or any other "building" that we will be hanging out at for more than 5 - 10 minutes. So if you can avoid having to buy them I would suggest it for your feet's sake!

Well, those were just some backup ideas anyways.
just trying to cover all my bases, and have backup plans for my backup plans, Laughing
Anakinos (Thad Laskowski)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on what you are going for. If you are trying to be accepted as obi or ani. than i would have to say slow down do some research and figure out what you want. Just dont try and hurry something together to get in quicker. I will guarantee you if you do that you will be unhappy with it and end up spending more money in the long run. If you are just using those costumes as a basis for your own character then make sure its what you want. But based on what i have read/seen. It will probably not be accepted as anakin because of the black. You would be best to ask some more veteran Jedi costumers for some help. i understand that money might be tight but i think that you would benefit in the long run to take your time. Just my .02

eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakinos wrote:
It all depends on what you are going for. If you are trying to be accepted as obi or ani. than i would have to say slow down do some research and figure out what you want. Just dont try and hurry something together to get in quicker. I will guarantee you if you do that you will be unhappy with it and end up spending more money in the long run. If you are just using those costumes as a basis for your own character then make sure its what you want. But based on what i have read/seen. It will probably not be accepted as anakin because of the black. You would be best to ask some more veteran Jedi costumers for some help. i understand that money might be tight but i think that you would benefit in the long run to take your time. Just my .02

Well, that original post is kinda pointless now, lol, as I'm not even considering them anymore. I have found other better potential alternatives.
And no, I was not going to go for Obi or ani. at least not now.
I'm just going for a generic jedi atm.
Eventually I want to do ANH Luke (Tattoonie) but, I'm deffinately holding off on that for awhile.

Thanks for the 2 cents tho.
The more people chip in, the less questions I actually have to ask, lol
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a CB ANH Tattooine Luke costume. Of course I didn't pay attention to the size when I got it, but from what I can see, it is very well made. The fabric that they used was pretty solid and was comfortable - provided I kept my gut perpetually sucked in!

Now, I just have to find where it is....

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramys Strael wrote:
I do have a CB ANH Tattooine Luke costume. Of course I didn't pay attention to the size when I got it, but from what I can see, it is very well made. The fabric that they used was pretty solid and was comfortable - provided I kept my gut perpetually sucked in!

Now, I just have to find where it is....

- Bill

hahaha
well, I dont know if I'll get it from CB, or just have it made.
but again, thats quite a ways off.
a good year roughly.
Just dreaming future ideas is all.
I do have the hair for it though, lol
well, abit darker, but, the style is roughly the same.
so, I have that much down, Laughing
ArkaiHalon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* I remember having hair. Then mother nature played her cruel joke.
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because some of us went from being able to play Anakin or Han to Lobot or Reveal Vader... just think of it as Mother Nature casting you for a different part!

Otherwise, may I suggest the following:

Lori's Wigsite

I am planning on getting one for when I get around to doing Thrawn.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my Jedi outfit from Kelly. She makes custom Jedi costumes. Her web site is http://www.kjaereliten.com/Home_Page.php and her e-mail is Kelly@Kjaereliten.com. You might be able to talk her down on the price. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Jedi Master Catalena Wast (Sandra Brower) on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to Hompage does not work

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to take the "and" off of the end. She got the word 'and' too close (she didn't put a space before it) and it became part of the link.

Try:
http://www.kjaereliten.com/Home_Page.php

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Master Catalena Wast wrote:
I got my Jedi outfit from Kelly. She makes custom Jedi costumes. Her web site is http://www.kjaereliten.com/Home_Page.php and her e-mail is Kelly@Kjaereliten.com. You might be able to talk her down on the price. Thank you for your time.

Oh, 100$ for all but the robe...
Thats nice...
and what kind of quality is it?
Like, really good? or dont leave it in the sun for more then 5 mins?
Jedi Master Catalena Wast (Sandra Brower)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew, The quality is very good. She sends washing instructions in with the outfit. On mine the pants are made from the same matrial as the tabbards, so I'll have to wash them the same way. I got in to the rebel legion as a full member on the outfit. I also fixed the link, thanks to everone how noticed the propblem. Thank you for your time.
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Master Catalena Wast wrote:
Andrew, The quality is very good. She sends washing instructions in with the outfit. On mine the pants are made from the same matrial as the tabbards, so I'll have to wash them the same way. I got in to the rebel legion as a full member on the outfit. I also fixed the link, thanks to everone how noticed the propblem. Thank you for your time.

ahh...
very nice.
yeah, thank you very much.
I have one plan in the works, but, if that falls through, I'll deffinately have to send her an e-mail.
Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: